23rd August 2011, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Details of the PG course in Financial Accounting?

i am razi kapadia compeled m.com now doing job.plz details post graduate in fianancial accounting.

15th January 2017, 08:54 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Details of the PG course in Financial Accounting?

It is a good thing that you are already a Post Graduate i.e. MCom and still wish to do another PG course in Financial Accounting. But let me suggest you something else which could add much greater value to you as such doing another PG course in Financial Accounting MAY NOT:

1. There are many PG courses in Finance out there but being an MCom you should target something that can get you to top, senior or leadership positions faster. You CANNOT remain an accountant forever.

2. Therefore, MBA - Masters of Business Administration is the course for you which can definitely grant a lot of success to you over a period of 2 years.

3. It is a full time PG course that you can take up for 2 more years and then your academic qualification would start fetching you huge returns in terms of compensation and benefits.

4. To get into MBA you need to just sit for the national level entrance exams. They would be NMAT, CMAT, CAT, XAT, IIFT, MAT, GMAT, etc and crack these as per the basic minimum cut off scores required.

5. The story does not end there. You would further be called for rounds of group discussions and personal interviews that can ultimately grant you a seat in one of the top MBA colleges. Some of the top MBA colleges in India are IIM ABC, XLRI, FMS, SP Jain, NMIMS, IMT, XIMB, IIFT, MDI Gurgaon etc. Try to get into any of these colleges and then within 2 years you would be earning packages of more than 15 lacs per annum which is highly respectable.

6. Now, MBA has a lot of streams that you can choose from but since you are from commerce streams you must take up Finance. Other streams that are available would be Marketing, Human Resources, Operations and Analytics.

7. It is also well known that MBA graduates (Fresh/Experienced) are highly paid in the job and are highly respected too. Now that you are already an M.Com and if you do an MBA too can expect your market value to rise drastically in the field of Finance.

8. However, if you still wish to do another PG only in Financial Accounting then there are many colleges that offer the same. Many colleges offer distance program of the same such as NMIMS, Mumbai and Symbiosis, Pune. Thus, it all depends on what you want to do further in life and where/which direction would you want to take yourself.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?