5th January 2013, 10:08 AM
sumerrao

Details and procedure for Ph.D program?

gives the details and procedure of ph.d program...could u please give me the details

Related Questions:
  1. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  2. Procedure to join PHD in Physics from USA? Foreign universities where GRE is not required?
  3. Detailed procedure to apply for Ph.D program through correspondence for M.A.(Kannada) postgraduate?
  4. Phd Diploma course details, fee structure, career prospects?
  5. Information about the universities of USA offering Ph.D without GRE? Procedure to join?
  6. Procedure to get admission in PhD program at Ranchi University?
  7. Detailed information and fee structure of PhD(HR) program in Kolhan University? Scope of PhD program in Human Resource?
  8. How may i join correspondence PhD program in Psychology after my MA in English?
  9. Recognized universities/colleges for PH.d in Tourism Management/ Hotel Management -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Eligibility, scholarship, Visa procedure and exam details about PhD in Biotechnology from USA?
  11. After M.Com can I do PhD? Procedure of doing PhD?
  12. How to pursue Ph.D program in management? Procedure for admission? What is the scope of doing Ph.D in management?
  13. Process to get admission for Ph.D course?
  14. Universities providing M.Phil and PhD programs in India -- [New]
  15. Procedure and formalities of doing PhD in IISc Bangalore?
  16. Will I be eligible for Ph.D after completing B.Com and PG program in Business Administration in finance from Symbiosis Distance learning? What is the procedure and which are the good universities for it?
  17. Is there any program available for M.Tech in Civil in Correspondence? Is there any program being offered as M.Tech in Civil and Ph.D in Correspondence?
  18. Whether Ph.D program is offered in JIPMER? Detailed information and notification of JIPMER Ph.D program?
27th February 2013, 04:58 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details and procedure for Ph.D program?

Usually master’s degree holders with 55-60% (minimum) are considered for Ph.D course. Most of the Universities conducts entrance test for selection. Candidates with NET/GATE score are usually exempted from written test. Such candidates can join the course after interview. Detailed information can be collected from the website of the concerned University.
27th February 2013, 08:54 PM
narendra B.

Exclamation Re: Details and procedure for Ph.D program?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumerrao View Post
gives the details and procedure of ph.d program...could u please give me the details
Usually master’s degree holders with 55-60% (minimum) are considered for Ph.D course. Most of the Universities conducts entrance test for selection. Candidates with NET/GATE score are usually exempted from written test. Such candidates can join the course after interview. Detailed information can be collected from the website of the concerned University
28th February 2013, 04:03 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Details and procedure for Ph.D program?

HELLO,

Details and procedure for Ph.D program are as follows :

Eligibility:

1. you need to have Masters level education in relevant(to the proposed subject of research for Ph.D) subject. Some institutes / universities allow exception to this rule for engineers and doctors(for them B.E./B.Tech Or M.B.B.S. is enough).

2.Now according to new UGC rules coming in to force from 2009, you need to clear some sort of entrance exam/interview (whether it is NET or some other exam) for getting admitted to Ph.D program.

3. After getting admitted to Ph.D program you need to complete some course work for requisite credits. For getting "registered" for Ph.D at university you need .

i) completion of credits through coursework,

ii) a Formal proposal of research(synopsis) devised in consultation with your guide and approved by doctoral committee,

iii) and of course some filled form and fee deposited.

* * At this stage you are registered for Ph.D with university. This takes around 1 year from admission to Ph.D. For Next 2-3 years, depending on your subject and research proposal, you do research and try to achieve the objectives.

* * You need at least one publication in peer reviewed journals in some universities.Then when you & your guide feel that you have achieved the objectives, he(the guide) permits you to write and then present synopsis to the committee for formally giving permission for writing the thesis.

* * Once the committee is satisfied with your research(that is when it deems your research worthy enough for Ph.D), it permits you to write the thesis. Now you write your thesis, get it corrected from your guide and then submit 3 copies to university with requisite fee and form. Now University examines your thesis through experts in your field, and if they approve, you proceed to final step, that is Open defence Or Viva of your research in front of public and external examiner(which is appointed by University).

* * If you are successful in this exam, you are done! You are awarded Ph.D!

HOPE THIS WOULD HELP YOU
GOOD LUCK
28th February 2013, 07:55 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Details and procedure for Ph.D program?

http://www.ischool.pitt.edu/ist/degrees/phd-details.php
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?