12th July 2011, 10:42 PM
Prasathgom

Difference between Civil Service exam? What is UPSC exam?

I want to know about that, what is the difference between civil service exam and group 1,2,3,4 and all. And what is the upsc exams and tnpsc exams and all, please tell me sir i just confused about these exams and which one is for IAS and for engineering field and all...

31st August 2011, 11:39 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Difference between Civil Service exam? What is UPSC exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasathgom View Post
I want to know about that, what is the difference between civil service exam and group 1,2,3,4 and all. And what is the upsc exams and tnpsc exams and all, please tell me sir i just confused about these exams and which one is for IAS and for engineering field and all...
What all exams you have mentioned in your question are all Government Job getting Exams. i.e., if you clear anyone of these you will definitely given a job in the government sector.

Coming to the constitutional bodies which gives you these jobs.are UPSC(the main) which is a constitutional body. Many of them will think that UPSC is something exam but it is not it is a government constitutional bod which will select the candidates in to responsible positions.

SSC : Staff Selection Commission.

and local State level public service Commissions like APPSC and TNPSC
APPSC is for Andhra pradesh.
TNPSC is for Tamil Nadu.

Among all these examination like from CSE,Groups 1,2,3,4 etc., etc.,
The top most selection examination is UPSC is Civil Service exam. Which offers you jobs like IAS/IPS/IFS etc.,

again for Engineering students there is another separate exam called UPSC Engineering services exam. which gives you job as IES officer.

To become IAS you have to clear UPSC civil Service examination.

Group 1,2,3,4 exams for lower posts like DSP in police department.
DEO in Educational departments.
and etc.,

Now its your choice to select a Exam and write exam for the government job .
I suggest you to write for IAS i.e., Civil service examination. Becoming IAS officer is the life time achievement.

if you want to know more about UPSC you can log on to official website ie..,

www.upsc.gov.in

all the best for any exam you want to write.

Regards

~AdityA~
31st August 2011, 11:46 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

Default Re: Difference between Civil Service exam? What is UPSC exam?

upsc is the union public service commesion
this is responsible for conducting the civil service exams.
these are IAS
IPS and etc..
for this you have a graducate degree.
21 to 30 is the age criteria.
31st August 2011, 02:22 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

hello friend

These all that you have mentioned are the exams which are conducted for government jobs
UPSC is the constitutional body which conducts these exams
such as CSE(CIVIL SERVICES EXAMs) and these exams are conducted twice in a year
If you want to become IAS /IPS/IFS/IES officer then you can appear for these exams.

So may be your query is solved and for more info you can refer the site of the UPSC commission there you will be get to know what are these exams and what is eligibility for appearing in these exams

ww.upsc.gov.in
31st August 2011, 03:07 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Hello friend ........

Civil services exam is the most prestigious exam for the Indian services. After getting selected in the civil services exam you get the post like that that of the IAS,IPS,IFS and others. Among all IAS is the most prestigious post.Civil Services exam are conducted every year by UPSC.

UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is the Government constitutional body which conducts various government exams like that of the IAS,IES,NDA,SCRA,CDS and others.

TNPSC is one of the SSC (Staff selection commission) exam being conducted at the state level , in this case it the Tamil Nadu state.

And the groups 1,2,3,4 that you have asked are the different level of the posts in which one is placed after clearing the government exams.

And lastly according to me you should go for the top most level exam that is the civil services exam after completing your Graduation degree.

For the other info on the UPSC and other exams you may visit the official website..
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Hope this has cleared your confusion.

Best of luck for the future.

Regards
~PRAVIR~
16th September 2011, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

sir, I have completed my graduation in 2010 and im a govt employee. I want to take civil services exam and i dont have any idea of preparation. So pls could you help me out.
7th October 2011, 06:10 AM
Unregistered

Sir how much percentage in degree for join upsc exam?
10th October 2011, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

As per ssc cerfificate my date of birth is 27-7-1981, I was belongs to OC ( general catogery), Am i eligilble to write UPSC exams?? and is there any chance to change the age limit and giving age limit till 32yrs by the Govt??... Please suggest me... as iam preparing for groups.. I wnt to Becoem IAS... please guide me.
22nd October 2011, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

am b.tech final year student sir i just now saw the upsc conducts that SCRA is it useful to me and what type of job will be there and how much salary will be paid
19th November 2011, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

i have completed be i want banifit of upsc examination
19th November 2011, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

i have completeted be. i want apper this examination
28th November 2011, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

how many times can we attempt for UPSC exam?
25th February 2012, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Talking Re: Difference between Civil Service exam? What is UPSC exam?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1167778]sir, I have completed my graduation in 2010 and im a govt employee. I want to take civil services exam and i dont have any idea of preparation. So pls could you help me out.[/search on google
12th March 2012, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

procedure to become ias officer?
28th August 2016, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.Tech graduate.Whether I can apply for the IES Exams??Why The syllabus is not mentioned for Information Technology??Why It is not included in syllabus??
29th August 2016, 10:16 PM
ashishkumarcs
Junior Member+

UPSE(Union Public Service Commission) is a governing body which select persons to man the various Central Civil Services and Posts and the Services common to the Union and States (for All-India Services).

There are a lot of exams conducted by UPSE:
[LIST=1][*] Civil Service Examination
[*] NDA Examination
[*] India Engineering Service Examination
[*] Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination
[*] Combined Medical Service Examination, etc.
[LIST]

Among all of these the civil service examination is most famous exam.

This exam is conducted every year by UPSC for selection in various civil services liks IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, IRS(IT) etc.
The Civil Service Examination is 3 level examination :

1. Prelims
2. Mains
3. Interview

After qualifying all these exams one is selected for various Civil Service Posts on the basis of the All India Rank.

Here is the examination notice of Civil Service Examination
:

For more go to UPSC official site

And the pdf attached will give you full details:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CSP_2016_Engl_Notice.pdf(653.2 KB, 58 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?