7th July 2010, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Difference between MCA and a Computer Engineer?

after doing mca one can be called as softwareengineer. can they put engineer in front of their name. and what isa difference between a Be or BTECH computer engineer and mca.are job aspects same for both the two. please do reply

Related Questions:
  1. Difference between MCA IT and Management and Science? Should I go for MCA IT or Science?
  2. Difference between Ph.D after MCA and Ph.D after M.Tech?
  3. What is the difference between electronics and communication engineer and maintenance engineer?
  4. What is the difference between production engineer and mechanical engineer?
  5. Difference between MBA and MCA? Is MCA a good career option?
  6. What is the difference between MS and MCA?
  7. In which colleges can I apply for software engineering? Which are the other colleges in Delhi?
  8. How to take Ph.D programme in computer science through correspondence? I have done my MCA from Madras University and working in Dubai since 6 years as computer engineer
  9. Which is the best stream to pursue after completing B.Sc Computer Science? Which University in India offers MCA Regular course? -- [New]
  10. Difference between BCA and BSc? Is Computer Science a different area or does it come under computer engineering? Is B.Tech better than BSc?
  11. DIT, Dehradun or Graphic Era University, which is best for MCA in respect of placement? What is the difference between MCA and MCA lateral entry?
  12. Is it beneficial to study MCA for B.Sc(PCM) candidate? Details of MCA course?
  13. What is the difference between education and correspondence education?
  14. What is the difference between PhD after MCA and PhD after M.Tech?
  15. What is MCA admission procedure? What is the syllabus of MCA? Study material for MCA?
  16. What is the criteria to study software engineering after completing higher secondary examination
  17. What is the difference between MCA and Integrated MCA?
  18. Work and responsibility of a Junior Engineer is equal to Asst. Engineer than why so difference in between their pays?
9th July 2010, 03:28 PM
Hitha Nanjappa

Default Re: Difference between MCA and a Computer Engineer?

i dont think there is much more difference between both of them.
in IT there is no much more preference 2 degree than what knowlage u have. so even if u have done BE or MCA but u can't pass any interview papers its all useless. try to learn much more than what u r learning in collage, it's more useful.
10th July 2010, 12:02 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Generally a computer engg. and a MCA student will given equal priority . But as you know a comp. engg. holds a degree in engg. because of which they get more preference in jobs. But as you are a MCA student so its nothing to worry about jobs in computer fields . the only thing matters in todays world is knowledge. If you have more capability then a comp. engg. then definitely you will get first preference then a comp. engg.
10th July 2010, 09:34 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

MCA or Master of Computer Application is a general Master's degree course related with computer application.

It simultaneously deals with software and hardware functions and implementations.

On the other hand, a B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering is a technical bachelor's degree course, which is also related with software and hardware.

But the difference in these two are that an MCA student knows the theory part of software and hardware more than a B.Tech student.

And a b.Tech student knows the technical implementation of things better, and the application and theory part is strong for an MCA .

More or less,goals of both are same and job prospects also are equal for both.

Many reputed Indian and foreign technical organisations hire fresh MCA students and B.Tech graduates every year. Job profiles are same in both cases.

So i think that your doubt has been cleared now.

All the best!
10th July 2010, 11:24 PM
Shagun Makin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
after doing mca one can be called as softwareengineer. can they put engineer in front of their name. and what isa difference between a Be or BTECH computer engineer and mca.are job aspects same for both the two. please do reply
Yes friend the companies to be a computer engineer or computer professional are same such as infosys,TCS,HCL,Parrot systems etc.

You just need to have command over different languages of computer and the success is yours.
11th July 2010, 02:12 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear
there have basically no difference between mca & computer engg.

the basic difference is for getting degree of b.tech you have to pass 8 semister.& more subjects than mca.mca have only 4 semister.

but practically it industry gives equal value to b.tech & mca studens......
11th July 2010, 03:34 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

More or less both are almost same but each have there own values in the real world.
A computer science students will be treated as an engineer and they got more job opportunities in the corporate world.They are regarded technically strong.

Master of Computer Applications makes you skilled in computational theory, programming, algorithm design, database management, and other related fields.
11th July 2010, 10:16 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Basically both are the same but the names are different. But MCA is a pG degree whereas B.tech is only graduation.We consider B.tech better because it takes only 4 years to become an engineer wheraas it takes 6 years to be equivalent to B.tech.
11th July 2010, 12:05 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

hello friend,

there is almost no difference between MCA and computer engineering when it comes to job or knowledge.

computer engineering is a dedicated engineering bachelor degree where as MCA is a masters degree.

MCA students mostly deals with computer database management where as computer engineering students mostly deals with programming part.
11th July 2010, 12:25 PM
Senior Member+++

MCA is a master`s degree in computer applications
it can be done after completion of a bachelor degree
they can get a good job in software field
computer engineering is a dedicate dengg bachelor degree
mca students deals with computer database management where as computer engg mostly deals with programming part
11th July 2010, 12:37 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Software engineer can be anyone who is good in software programming and proficient in any of the programming languages. MCA or Btech or BE or Bsc, anybody can be a software engineer, but ofcourse priority is given to Btech, MCA in that order. MCA students can go to multiple computer science streams - database, ERP, BI, Hardware, software and so on.
11th July 2010, 04:38 PM
kshitijawadhiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
there is a very gud difference between them dear and all are meant for different purposes also
MCA- a very low ranked degree in as compared to other two.this can be done mostly to work in a school or where use of software is at a very basic level.
BE- it is a better degree than MCA . after doing it you can get jobs in following fields:
1. software designing
2. website designing
3. animation
4. graphic designing etc.

B.Tech. - a very valuable degree. after getting this degree u can get a job where the software one uses in all electronic appliances are designed. you must remembered that softwares are used everywhere from computers to a tv remote....
14th July 2010, 06:27 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

there is not much diffrence,except that cs is a engg. post,while mca is general application degree.
though in matters of syllabus,there is not much difference,but job seekers are best through a engg. degree
18th July 2010, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Hello, sir ..I wanted to do b.tech from IIT, but it was not happened..i got admission in a deemed university so sir i wanted to know how can i become equal to IIT students..is it possible or not?...now i m in 3rd year...so if i wrote GATE than can i become equal to them???
21st July 2010, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my bsc it from reputed college a naac b graded college (autonomous) what is the job oppertunity for just after completion of the course . Deepak ,ranchi
31st July 2010, 04:16 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend if you do engineering you get more scope than doing mca.... but nowadays even mca has good scope ....if you have interest in doing programing and hardware you can join computer engineering...........

regards
azhar
4th August 2010, 08:48 PM
prathamesh22

MCA or Master of Computer Application is a general Master's degree course related with computer application
where computer engg is related wholly to computer
5th August 2010, 03:23 AM
Jitendra malviya

Location: 8-bhawani shri lakshya , chhatrasal nagar ,phase 1 ,Bhopal(M.P.),462023

hi friend mean of MCA is master in computer application. after doing MCA you become a software engineer that also called a computer engineer..
7th September 2010, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

I am an Softwarw engineer. My parenters are an MCA degree boy to make marry with me. Is the degree is equal to software degree. Please enlight me by giving yoyr valuable suggesstion.
8th September 2010, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

MCA is better than BE or BTECH degree, MCA rocks !!
22nd September 2010, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

myself himanshu gupta and i have completed b.sc.,m.sc, by securing first class. now i want to know that i am interested in software field. so i want to know that which course is better for me according to job prospects for me? btech. (c.s,it) or mca
22nd September 2010, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

nowadays everybody says mca has more scope than b.tech since it has 6 semester...is that right?
30th September 2010, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

there is not that much difference in mca and b.tech or b.e. but it also right that the mca students are master in computer field therefore seniority will go to mca student
dipak budhwani(m.c.a)
2nd October 2010, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

sir,after bca which course will be good for my carier mca or msc in computer scince.
2nd October 2010, 08:06 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

mca would be better for you aftet bca. after completing your mca you will become equivalent to btech student.
and will have better job opportunities
26th October 2010, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

sir , iam studying in mca in terview they are vwhy we have to prefer compared to btech what points i hv to strees while giving answer
28th October 2010, 12:09 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea there is some difference.

computer engineering is an engineering bachelor degree but MCA is a master degree in computer application.

computer engineer have good opportunity than the MCA student. even they can do the same work but the salary will vary as there degree are not same.

but B.E and B.Tech are same. there is no difference. both are engineering 4 years bachelor degree.
31st October 2010, 10:23 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
Basically the difference is in pursuing the degree, Computer engineer pursues btech or BE, whereas MCA student pursues a computer applicant degree but nt called as an engineer. But the degree is equivalent to engineering, and there's also no difference in knowledge too. Scope is equal for both the degrees.
thank you
1st November 2010, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

B.E. B.Tech. ppl hav more technical knowledge in comparisn with M.C.A. ppl
Enggs also know application of Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
And ofcourse M.C.A graduate cannot put Engineer in front of thier name.
6th November 2010, 10:55 PM
An Mca

Quote:
Originally Posted by solution View Post
hello dear

the basic difference is for getting degree of b.tech you have to pass 8 semister.& more subjects than mca.mca have only 4 semister.

Just a correction. MCA is a three year course with 6 semesters. Believe there aren't less subjects in MCA. Moreover, an MCA is elligible to do M-Tech even in IITs.
16th November 2010, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Ragupathi rajava rajaram pathitha pavana seetharam
16th December 2010, 11:52 AM
deepak.manit2007

Thumbs up Re: Difference between MCA and a Computer Engineer?

Hi
MCA stands for Master fo computer application.In MCA studies more focus in given on programming languages as compare to theory subjects whereas in BE CS more focus is on theory subjects.
MCA holder is not an Engineer by degree.But most of the times designation in companie is Software Engineer.
MCA can be considered as Software Developer not computer Engineer.
As per the career perspective both provides almost same opportunities and comes under same qualification criteria(there are some exception that some companies do not allow MCA)
The last and most important thing is this that if you have an opportunity to do BE then prepfer it over MCA because MCA takes six years(Since you will also have to do graduation in order to do MCA)and BE takes 4 years.
Good Luck.
17th December 2010, 01:33 PM
rahul_kumar066

Dear
I don't think there is
much more difference
between them.In IT sector there is no much
more preference to
degree than what
knowlage you have. so even
if you have done BE or MCA
but you can't pass any
interview papers its all
useless. try to learn much
more than what you are
learning in collage, it's
more useful
17th December 2010, 02:29 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

M.C.A is master degree,computer engineer is bachelor degree.

There is no difference between M.C.A and computer engineer.

M.C.A is 6 years and computer engineer is 4 years .that is the difference.

but M.C.A we take more years.

we learn so many things in years.computer engineer are the short period.

computer engineer have lot applications in short period.

but we have also that much application to learn more time.

M.C.A and computer engineer are equal.
18th December 2010, 05:26 PM
santosh dhoundiyal

in mca the person only have software knowlede and application knowledge but in computer engineering the person have also hardware knowledge of the computer..
9th January 2011, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

The people who use to make the difference between MCA and computer engineering are the Fool person... They have no idea about that. Engineering is an another department but related to computer, but MCA is a master degree. It is all about computers, there is nothing like physics, chemistry and the rubbish things, they are not related to computer... The computer engineering students has knowledge but not much more than MCA students, according to the computer fundamentals, programming. They have no defth, because with computers they have also other rubbish subjects has to study... So, they have no defth in computer department. But if you wil say about the MCA students, They have only computers, so definitely they have the defth of computers, and off course, the knowledge is much more than that of the rubbish saying of "Computer engineers has more knowledge..." Yes, off course, they are engineers but computer is related to their studies, But MCA students are the Master of Computer field, each and every thing is related to computers, so they have the proper knowledge. Thats all...
9th January 2011, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

MCA students are the kings...
15th January 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Sir/ Maam,
Can i do Computer Engg after MCA
26th January 2011, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

yeah there is a gud differece between them.
mca is not equivalant to comp engg. mca deals more on theoritical part but a comp engg. deals on tecnical part.
4th February 2011, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

hi..i am in 11th right now...i have a great interest in computers...i have opted non-medical.. basically my aim is to do job in abroad like US and get settled there...i am really very confused that whether i should go for BCA then MCA Or Betch(CS)...please help me..whose value is more???? MCA OR BTECH..?? for BCA MCA,i do not need any coaching classes for those entrance examinations like AIEEE...but if i have to go for BTECH then i need to join the classes right now..so what should i do?? basically,, we have to focus that i will be doing job after 4 or 6 years...so at that time,,,whose value will be more?? look,,please explain that how there is not much difference between MCA and BTECH?? As per i know,, in BTECH obviously more hard work is required as there are all india entrance examinations but it is not so in BCA then MCA....please help me guys because my 12th classes will get start at the end of march...so,i need to decide for the coaching classes that prepare us for the entrance examinations... please reply as soon as possible...THanks in advance for help...
16th February 2011, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

MCA student have a good programming skilled than BE this is because of BE student never get time to spend for clearing the basic concept of programming.MCA are mostly done by BCA,Bsc(IT) and other computer related courses so they alredy clear their concept because they got more time than BE student so after completing bacholor degree MCA is easy for them and easy to clear their basic programming skill that is importance for the job
-swapnil
24th March 2011, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

I THINK engineering is much better than MCA .......there is no comparison between them
28th March 2011, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

A Master is always greater than a bachelor ...........in Pramotion ha ha ................;lolz
14th April 2011, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

hi i m doin bca 1st yr nd wil do mca. i need to know that should i start preparing for entrance of mca?
25th April 2011, 06:34 PM
vijaybhattoo07

Difference between MCA and a Computer Engineer?

MCA is basically Masters in Computer Application. In this course basically the candidate gains theoretical knowledge in both software and hardware. The B.tech course is basically related to the application of the concepts. BE on the other hand involves developing new and improving on the existing concepts. In terms of value Bachelors degree is more valuable in job front. The pay scale is also higher than MCA candidates. Job profiles for these candidates are almost the same though. To be an MCA you need to first of all complete BCA course or BSc in Computer application. But a candidate can go for the B.Tech/ B.E course right after 12th. The number years to become an MCA including 3 years of Bachelors course but for B.Tech/B.E only 4 years are required.

After doing MCA one can be called as software developer.
But,After doing B.tech one can be called as Computer Engineer.
finally software developers only concentrate developing software coding part, but b.tech engineers concentrates with verity of platforms such as developing,technical support , mentenance etc .
27th April 2011, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Talking Re: Difference between MCA and a Computer Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solution View Post
hello dear

MCA has 6 semester and plus u should have 3 years bachelor degree in maths or computer science which is again 6 semesters, so totally 12 semesters for any MCA graduates, whereas BTech has only 8 semesters, also BTech is a bachelor degree, and MCA is a master degree, when u are applying for PhD then u should have minimum a master degree, and in that case MCA people can apply for any PhD in computer science or computer engineer, but for BTech they have to apply for MTech firstly which is 2 years masters degree study basically, then after finishing MTech only they can apply for PhD. But in a IT job both MCA and BTech have same value, only the difference in the job environment the MCA people are older than BTech people because I have mentioned above that MCA had 12 semesters to reach that level. Now, u can decide!
1st May 2011, 12:21 AM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

2nd May 2011, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

i heard that in an interview the preference goes to a b tech student than a bca student .is it correct?
18th May 2011, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

sir iam krishna rani samal from ravenshaw university ,continuing my bsc.itm(network engineering).is it possible to became a software engineer after it?and what is good for me ,mba or mca after it?
30th May 2011, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

maximum which is better after b.sc it.mca or b.tech.then my friends tell b.tech is first preference then mca sir.confused myself
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?