14th July 2013, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Is diploma equivalent to 12th?

is diploma equal to 12th...could u please tell me if that is true

19th June 2015, 07:59 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is diploma equivalent to 12th?

Yes definitely the diploma course is considered to be equivalent to the 12th board studies and hence one having done their diploma studies are eligible for the course and jobs for which a 12th board student is eligible provided one satisfies the eligibility criteria for the same course or job.

Diploma course is a three year course and it is relatively more job oriented at the +2 level than the 12th board education as these course is more of a practical based where as a 12th school syllabus is theoritical based.

But the diploma degree will be recognized only if it is done from a recognized institution.
20th June 2015, 11:36 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is diploma equivalent to 12th?

Yes, you have rightly heard that diploma is considered equivalent to 10+2. Diploma never compared or equivalent to any degree. Diploma is considered below the rank of degree. Even diploma done after either matriculation or 10+2 are considered equivalent to intermediate. But diploma done after 10+2 is more job oriented and having better career prospects in comparison to diploma after matriculation. It is advisable to the candidates to go for degree course after diploma through lateral entry scheme. Don't be upset. Please note that even diploma holders are getting jobs with good salary package in almost all reputed companies. If you are not in a position to go for degree level after doing diploma course, you still have bright career options on the basis of diploma course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?