17th June 2011, 12:31 AM
shenfeer

Is distance education the basic qualification for CAT exam?

Can you please tell me whether distance education is the basic qualification for cat exam?

17th June 2011, 08:56 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is distance education the basic qualification for CAT exam?

No distance education is not the basic qualification for the CAT exam. You will need to be a graduate for the same. For most of the institutes a minimum of 50% is a must in the same. Also the qualifications that you have secured should have been from a recognised institute. You can visit the IIM site to know further details.
17th June 2011, 09:00 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

To study your post graduate courses in india with IIM OR with other best insititutions, you have to write online exam namly CAT - Common Admission Test conducted by IIM - Indian Institute of Management.

Elgibility for CAT Exam
The CAT Exam candidate should have a Bachelor?s Degree, and at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA)categories], or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor?s degree examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
17th June 2011, 05:01 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
CAT is conducted by Indian Institute of Management and to be eligible for the test, you must possess a bachelors degree of a recognized university.
The minimum percentage of marks required to be eligible for the exam is 50% for candidates belonging to general category and 45% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
It doesn't matters if you have pursued bachelors degree program through distance mode or regular classes, if the degree is approved by a recognized university, you are eligible to take the test.
For further information, refer to the official website of catiim
27th June 2011, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my BTech from RVD university(distance learning), am I eligible for CAT exam ?
22nd March 2012, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

If I complete my graduation from distance education (which is HRD or UGC approved), having more than 50% marks then, can I sit for the CAT examination? Please reply me at [email protected]
28th March 2012, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

i have an mba from mahatma gandhi university through distance education.am i eligible for cat ???
14th September 2013, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Iam completed 10th and iti pass so i have continue distense education in dme,dee or any
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?