13th June 2011, 04:09 PM
raja badam

Am I eligible for CAT exam if I am a degree student? Details about CAT exam?

sir am i eligible for CAT exam i am degree student? CAT exam details also?

14th June 2011, 10:07 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for CAT exam if I am a degree student? Details about CAT exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja badam View Post

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CAT EXAM

Yes, you are eligible.. some of the points to be noted are as follows....

-> The candidate must be bachelor's degree with at least 50 % marks or equivalent CGPA.

-> 45 % in case of SC/ST/DA ( Differently Abled ) candidates.

-> Candidates who are in final year or awaiting for the final results of their Bachelor's degree are also eligible.

POINTS TO NOTE :

-> Attached the topics which will be asked in the CAT exam in this post.. kindly check it over.. it might help for your preparation...

-> CAT exam is yet to announced... To know more about upcoming CAT exam and details about it visit http://www.catiim.in/index.htm
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sections in CAT.pdf(9.2 KB, 110 views)
14th June 2011, 03:56 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT exam if I am a degree student? Details about CAT exam?

Hello Raja,
Being a graduate, you are eligible for the common admission test conducted by Indian Institute of Management provided you have scored a minimum of 50% in your bachelors degree examination.
Candidates belonging to SC/ST category are eligible with a minimum of 45%.
The test is based on quantitative aptitude, verbal ability and logical and data interpretation.
The duration of the test is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
For further information, refer to the official website of catiim
14th June 2011, 06:00 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT exam if I am a degree student? Details about CAT exam?

Quote:
Yes After Graduation you are eligible to appear for CAT examination. Final Year Candidates are also Eligible to apply for CAT examination.

So, If you are Interested to apply for CAT examination, then for this you have to complete your graduation degree examination with minimum 50% Marks. So for CAT examination You must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.

The CAT examination was held one time in a year and the examination mostly held in November. The Notification of CAT examination was published in August in the official website of CAT. You can apply for this examination Online By visit the official website.

The CAT examination is totally Objective Type and the question was come from Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Problem Solving, GK and Data Interpretation. So please prepare for these sections Properly, The notification of this year are published in the month of August, So please visit the Official website Of CAT examination For Complete Details -

http://www.catiim.in
14th June 2011, 07:52 PM
veereshwari

hi friend as per ur query
any graduate student can apply for the cat exam
here iam attaching the files which gives a full details of cat it consists of eligibility. pattern and cut off marks details
14th June 2011, 08:20 PM
kalpana.inturi

Good evening,as you said that you are a degree student it will be more useful for you if have knowledge in these areas like verbal ability,general knowledge,reading comprehension,data interpretation,problem solving,and you need to have more knowledge about all these areas.

If you are a degree final year student then also you can apply for the cat exam.

For writing the entrance exam you have to get minimum pass % of 55-60 in your subjects.

In the month of august the notifications will be released.

for writing the CAT exam it will not be easy you need to get thorough knowledge about all the entrance exam papers like E-CET, mat,verbal reasoning and non verbal reasoning,arithmetic,aptitude, English grammar,formation of sentence.

For more details you can contact the cat exam website and can visit time institute to get best details
14th June 2011, 10:18 PM
sachin6

Ya, you can eligible for cat exam.in third year you can apply
15th June 2011, 01:10 AM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

CAT exam is organied for taking students in MBA programme.

MBA is a master degree and one can apply in any master degree programme only after their graduation.

You can fill the form of CAT and also write the exam, but you cann't go in counsellin if your graduation is not in your hand.

CAT is atough exam and if you will qualify it with agood score then you can take admission in nay IIM'S which are best managment college in india and also provides a good placement witha good package.

For preparing CAT you should join the IMA the best coaching centre for this exam preparation.
15th June 2011, 03:07 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

definitely,you are eligible for CAT exam.

the minimum qualification which is required to attain in the CAT exam is graduation in qualification.

as you are belongs to degree student so you are definitely eligible for CAT exam.

all the best.............
15th June 2011, 03:38 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

you have not mentioned your year of graduation.

Still if you are a final year student of graduation

or you have completed your graduation you can TAKE

CAT, you must have minimum 50% marks to get into MBA through CAT.

CAT exam in an online exam conducted in computer centers in proctored

environment, the forms come around September and exam is conducted

over 1 month period in oct - nov
16th June 2011, 12:19 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi
yes, you are eligible for cat exam

because all the graduation candidate or appearing
exam will apply for cat exam

so you are eligible for cat exam..............
16th June 2011, 12:32 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

Of course you are eligible for the CAT exam as you are a degree student. But note that if you belong from general or OBC category then your marks should be greater than equal to 50%. If you belong from SC/ST category then your marks should be greater than equal to 45%.

Best of luck
16th October 2011, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

student with 10th and drop out in 12th with graduation from open university with 45% and pg from distance education with 86 % fro ugc approved university eligible to write cat exam
28th January 2012, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

what examinations do i have to give for futher eduction for MBA in HR
28th January 2012, 11:58 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

yes you have can go directly C.A. after 12th std., it would be benificial if you have done the graduation with B.COM and that one agreat advantage for you
31st January 2012, 03:41 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

MBA Stands for Master in Business Administration and to apply for this course you need to cracked the Entrance examination such as CAT/MAT/GMAT Examinations. CAT Stands for Common Admission Test and this examination was conducted by IIM's Every year. So, If your aim is to get admission in top Business schools then please apply for CAT Entrance examination.

>> To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduation degree course form a recognised University and You must have scored minimum 50% marks in your Graduation, Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for CAT Examination.

The Registration Process was already started form 17/Aug/2011 and last date of apply for this examination was 28/Sep/2011. The CAT Entrance examination will be started form Saturday, 22 October 2011 - Friday, 18 November 2011.

Eligible candidates may fill the CAT Application form Online, The examination fees of CAT 2011 examination was Rs 1600 and you are required to purchase a CAT voucher at selected Axis Bank branches from 17 August – 26 September 2011, and Then you can fill the CAT Application form Online.

>> The CAT Examination was Objective and there are 2 sections in this examination - (A) Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (B) Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning and the duration of the examination was 1Hr 10Min, So, If you are Interested to take admission in top business schools then please apply for this examination soon before the last date and for Complete Information please check the Official CAT Website -
13th February 2012, 07:13 PM
Shivam.Tiwari

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
FOR CAT EXAM
Yes, you are eligible..
some of the points to
be noted are as
follows....
-> The candidate must
be bachelor's degree
with at least 50 %
marks or equivalent
CGPA.
-> 45 % in case of SC/
ST/DA ( Differently
Abled ) candidates.
-> Candidates who are
in final year or
awaiting for the final
results of their
Bachelor's degree are
also eligible.
POINTS TO NOTE :
-> Attached the topics
which will be asked in
the CAT exam in this
post.. kindly check it
over.. it might help for
your preparation...
-> CAT exam is yet to
announced... To know
more about upcoming
CAT exam and details
about it visit http://
www.catiim.in/
index.htm
For more queries, you can ask your doubts to be cleared in this educational forum website.
15th February 2012, 11:36 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI,
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for C.A.T exam after passing the graduation..

C.A.T exam is conducted by I.I.M, Ahmadabad..

Eligibility for C.A.T exam:-
> Pass graduation with minimum 50% marks...
For ST/SC candidate minimum 45% marks..
> There is no age limit for C.A.T exam
> There is no restriction on number of attempts..

GOOD LUCK!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?