7th January 2011, 12:18 PM
Bijuhaward1

DMS (Doctorate in Management Studies) or Ph.D, which one is more difficult? Can I write Dr. before my name after DMS?

I want to join DMS (Doctorate in Management Studies). After successful completion can I add Dr. to my name. Dr. Biju Is DMS having the same value as Ph.D Which is more difficult, DMS or Ph.D? Kindly clear my doubts.

7th January 2011, 02:13 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Default Re: DMS (Doctorate in Management Studies) or Ph.D, which one is more difficult? Can I write Dr. before my name after DMS?

hi friend,
the Doctorate in Management Studies (DMS) is a unique doctoral program in management. It aims to develop individuals into distinguished consultants and managers in the field of management. A doctorate is an academic degree or professional degree that in most countries represents the highest level of formal study or research in a given field. In some countries it also refers to a class of degrees which qualify the holder to practice in a specific profession (such as law, medicine, engineering). The best-known example of the former is the Ph.D. Doctor of Philosophy, while examples of the latter include the U.S. degree of Doctor of Medicine and the Dutch Professional Doctorate in Engineering and also the Doctorate in Management Studies. Unlike similar programs in Western Business Schools the DMS program is designed to provide both breadth and depth in the field of knowledge to the doctoral students. You may however add a Dr. before or after your surname after completing the Doctorate in Management Studies. We would recommend you to pursue a PhD, as this is a well known and popular Doctorate degree and is offered by good recognized institutes or Universities. In India, you need to make sure that the institute or the university is UGC, AICTE or DEC approved, as these hold better value. Hope this helps. If you need further help or guidance, you could revert. All the best
2nd March 2011, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: DMS (Doctorate in Management Studies) or Ph.D, which one is more difficult? Can I write Dr. before my name after DMS?

how is ZENITH INSTITUTE OF BUSSINESS MANAGEMENT for DMS
23rd August 2011, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

DMS (Doctorate in Management Studies) or Ph.D, which one is more difficult? Can I write Dr. before my name after DMS?
15th October 2011, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Dears,

Call DMS I think it is designed a program of certificate and that's not call for PhD. It is self improvement program which running this autonomous institutes. My advice if you
Consult with experts of educational advisor.
14th March 2012, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

which recognized institute in India offers a DMS on long distance bases?please reply soonest....
30th March 2012, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

ISBM....will offer u DMS program...
4th April 2012, 07:01 PM
sebastian12

Default Re: DMS, it recognised, can i prefix Dr to my name?

hi
would you please tell me if i can prefix Dr to my name after completing DMS from National Institute of Management?

sebastian
29th August 2012, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

dear Sir please advise me whether I can add on my CV as phd in management holder if get a certificate of doctor of management.
2nd October 2012, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

DMS is not ugc/aicte recognised....it is an autonomous body providing professonal cirtificate given by the autonomous institutes.
2nd January 2013, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

What study can i pursue after DMS?
15th January 2013, 04:22 PM
chitra.iibms

Doctoral studies at IIBMS here student are not bounded into any particular field....

1. DMS are designed specially for providing students with maximum professional credibility and in depth exposure to the contemporary themes of development in your knowledge domain and related area of interest....

2. DMS course can be done in distance with the minimum duration of 1 year up to 3 years as maximum.

3. There is no need to leave your job and go for DMS , you can smoothly complete your course with your current job.,

4. DMS course doesn't have any kind of entrance exam...Or any other relevant activities..

For more details Contact [email protected]
15th January 2013, 07:48 PM
denwer1

Call DMS I think it is designed a program of certificate and that's not call for PhD. It is self improvement program which running this autonomous institutes. My advice if you
Consult with experts of educational advisor.

17th January 2013, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir I have the same problem with login.I can't see my result please do something to I can see my result.my registration number-1111347056/Roll number-1470502816/and My Dob-31-01-84.please call me my cellphone number is-07209466462 and my mail address is ashwani [email protected] do the needful for me I shall always be thankful to you.i tried everything putting roll no Dob and reg no with password but still the same result login invalid.i m waiting for your response please do it ASAP .
5th February 2013, 05:53 AM
Unregistered

i am planning to join DMS in ISBM THANE.
They say that I can add prefix Dr.

pl confirm.
22nd July 2013, 01:47 AM
Unregistered

Dear , currently we re doing Executive M.B.A in Q.M.S from ISBM jaipur & working in Parry Enterprise India Ltd.as Ast.Manager Quality Assurance having with 6 yrs.exp. i want to know that can i get a better oppertunties or it will be best my future / career?
23rd September 2013, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

I want to purseu highest degree after MBA(HR). I want to know, which degree will b best for me, Doctorate in management studies or doctorate in business adminstration or Ph.d ? is DBA and DMS degree are same or different? as how a title 'Dr.' is gained after Ph.D, do this title is earned after DBA or DMS degree?
15th November 2013, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I intend doing Doctorate in Management Studies (DMS) from anyone of the institutes like ISBM or DIMS or ISMS. What is the sanctity of this programme in India? Is it approved by Government of India bodies like UGC/AICTE? What is its status? Can a person after completing this programme use "Dr." before his name?? Is it equivalent to PhD or not??

Regards-
Raghu
21st November 2013, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

everyone is discussing on senseless matters.....PLS JUST REPLY THAT, CAN WE ADD A PREFIX OF "Dr" AFTER COMPLETING DMS COURSE OR NOT?????
29th January 2014, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
everyone is discussing on senseless matters.....PLS JUST REPLY THAT, CAN WE ADD A PREFIX OF "Dr" AFTER COMPLETING DMS COURSE OR NOT?????
Not advisable. Even after a Fellowship programme in management Dr. title is seldom used. But after a DMS programme Dr. sign could be used in a visiting card if self employed.
29th September 2014, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

one of My close friend have appeared for DMS exams and expected results in 2 months after successful completion of DMS course can he use title Dr. prefix to his name, please give concrete reply, dont reply other way round. Just let us know YES or NO, if YES what is legality? where we can find this that we can put Dr. prefix to first name?

thanks for reply please suggest
12th November 2014, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

--- In your personal and day to day life, nobody is going to object if you use the doctor title.

--- In your private employment, it depends on the company. If the company doesn't object, you may use the Dr. title. However if it is a big company / MNC / Bank / Corporate etc. , the company may object as the degree is not from a UGC recognized Indian University / Recognized foreign university, recognized by the govt. of that country / Institutes recognized in India by an act of parliament such as IIT.

--- In any teaching profession you will not be allowed to use the DR. title for University affiliated colleges and Institutes AND also in all govt jobs , as this is not a valid degree from a UGC recognized Indian University / Recognized foreign university, recognized by the govt. of that country / Institutes recognized in India by an act of parliament such as IIT.
Private and autonomous institutes may not object as it may add to their status by having a faculty member with a DR. title.

So it all depends where u intend to use the DR. title.

But the fact remains that, your Dr. title will be ILLEGAL and INVAILD becos :

Your degree is not a valid and recognized degree from a UGC recognized Indian University / Recognized foreign university which is recognized by the govt. of that country / Institutes recognized in India by an act of parliament such as IIT, Indian Institute of Science etc.

In India the government has given authority to only these institutions to grant doctoral degrees and the government recognizes only these degrees :

1. Universities recognized by UGC, both govt. as well as private Universities.
2. Institutes recognized by an act of parliament such as IIT, IISc, Birla Institute of Science & Technology, Birla Institute of Technology etc etc etc....there are many....
SO TOMORROW IF ANY OF THE ABOVE 2 START OFFERING THE DMS DEGREE, DBA DEGREE etc. then this too will be legal and valid and recognized by the govt. of India and you will be able to use the DR. title legally then.
Please note that the DBA degree is not offered in India but is offered by all govt. recognized Universities in UK , Australia, USA and some in Europe/Africa. These DBA degrees are all recognized in India for teaching in Universities / University affiliated colleges / IITs / IISc / BITs etc etc as well as all govt. jobs.

Hope this answers yr query fully and finally.
13th November 2014, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

The Dr. name that he uses after DMS will be LEGALLY INVALID and hence wrong. Even though he puts it, as long as nobody objects there will be no problem. The day somebody such as his employer objects or somebody in the neighbourhood spreads the news that his Dr. degree is illegal, there will be a big embarrassment and humiliation for him at the workplace and in the neighbourhood. Maybe nobody will take any legal action against him. Although a legal action would be the ultimate humiliation, a social humiliation in the workplace as well as in the neighbourhood may shatter him terribly. So why go for such sham and illegal things. If he is so fond of the Dr title, why not work hard for it and pursue a Ph.D. from a recognized UGC recognized University, whether govt. University or private University or deemed University. These degrees are perfectly legal and recognized by the govt. for teaching / govt jobs.
22nd November 2014, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Since the DMS degree is just a printed piece of paper with no legal validity as it is not from a UGC recognized University or Institutes whose degrees are equal to University degrees such as IIT / BITS / BIT / IISc etc. , you can even print this paper on your own stating the name of any xyz Institute as the issuing institute.... any name that you like or you think sounds attractive .... and issue a DMS certificate in your name. The DMS certificate that you have printed and the DMS certificates issued by these autonomous institutes are both equal ... ie .... both are equally INVALID and ILLEGAL and in short equally FAKE....
22nd November 2014, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

You can even print your own DMS certificate by using any xyz name as the issuing institute... any name u like or any name that u think sounds attractive.... the DMS certificate printed by you and the DMS certificate issued by these private institutes are equally same.... ie both are equally INVALID and ILLEGAL and hence FAKE. So why pay fees in the range of 50-80 K for a paper that you can print on your own and has equal value ie zero LEGAL value !!!!!
5th February 2016, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

Doctorate in management study is acceptable by Indian government?
7th January 2017, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Since DMS is a doctoral programme therefore the prefix Dr. can be used before our name. Even I have a DMS degree from ISBM but this degree is helpful in professional areas not in government institutions. Remember it is not equivalent to phd which is regular doctoral degree but DMS is beneficial to those who want a doctoral degee without losing time for their jobs. thanks.
1st April 2017, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir, Can i use Dr. before my name after completing PhD(Management Studies) in distance education?
14th January 2018, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

Are dms certificate program from an autonomous institute will be valuable at USA if I applied for faculty job at usa
15th March 2019, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Is DMS Dual Degree Course (MBA &Doctorate Degree) as its eligibility is Graduation.
23rd January 2022, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

I am a professional with master degree. I am planning for doctorate program. So, being working in corporate word should I go with DMS Program Provided by IIBMS Mumbai or ISBM or a PHD degree from university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?