10th July 2020, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

Do any of the IITs in India offers Master's degree course in Chemistry?

Hi, I have completed my B.Pharma degree course and wish to do Master's in Chemistry from any of the IITs in India. But, one of my friend told that IIT do not offer normal M.Sc in Chemistry. Is it true? If not, then how can I apply for M.Sc in Chemistry and what would be the cost?

12th July 2020, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Do any of the IITs in India offers Master's degree course in Chemistry?

Many iit, offer M.sc chemistry. You gate the admission in iit M. Sc Chemistry. You have to qualify iit jam exam with good rank after that you take admission in iit.
12th July 2020, 08:31 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do any of the IITs in India offers Master's degree course in Chemistry?

Yes , all major IIT offers Master's degree course in chemistry among all these IIT ,IIT dehli is best for your course.
You can apply for IIT JAM Examination for securing admission in IIT.
13th July 2020, 05:01 PM
Edu_tech

Most of the IIT offer MSc Chemistry and Integrated Course (MSc + PhD). IIT institutes offer Msc. Chemistery are:
IIT Madras
IIT Guwahati
IIT Hyderabad
IIT Patna
IIT Bombay
IIT Roorkee
IIT Kanpur
IIT Gandhinagar
IIT Delhi
IIT Bhubaneshwar
IIT Kharagpur
IIT Jodhpur
IIT Ropar
IIT (ISM) Dhanbad
IIT Varanasi (BHU)
IIT Bhilai
IIT Pallakad
IIT Tirupati
IIT Mandi
IISc Bangalore

Fee structure
The fee structure for the course vary from one instititue to other institute and according to the caste category. The fee structure for GEN category vary from Rs 20000 to Rs 70000(including hostel fee and mess fee) approximately. For reserved category, the cost will be low. So, the fee will depend on for which IITs you are going to get admission.

Admission Process
IIT JAM: Admission in IITs for M.Sc course is based on Joint Admission Test (JAM) which is a national level online entrance exam.
Application form: After qualifying JAM, candidate fill an admission application form.
Admission list will be released out for the selected candidates.
14th July 2020, 01:12 AM
anamikap13

IIT does offer MSc in chemistry but for that you have to appear IIT-JAM exam which is for post graduation programme.

As per my research I found following IITs best for MSc. Chemistry:

IIT Delhi
IIT Roorkee
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?