22nd May 2011, 05:47 PM
panderekha

Do we have to clear MCI exam first to give USMLE? Is it possible to do USMLE work for some years and then come back to India and practice?

My son has done his MBBS from China. He is now interested in doing his USMLE. does he have to fist clear his MCI exam first and then give USMLE so that after some time he can come back and practice in India or can he just do USMLE work there for some years and then come back to India and practise here.

1st November 2011, 12:29 PM
millan1

Location: At- Ainshamula; Po- Chhanijanga; Dist- Puri; Pin- 752113; Odisha
Default Re: Do we have to clear MCI exam first to give USMLE? Is it possible to do USMLE work for some years and then come back to India and practice?

Respected sir,
As per MCI guideline, all Candidates who have passes their medical degree fro outside india are bound to qualify in MCI exam, in order to get recognize as a doctor in India. Thats why its compulsory to Clear MCI exam.
Thank You. All The best.
1st November 2011, 01:41 PM
millan1

Location: At- Ainshamula; Po- Chhanijanga; Dist- Puri; Pin- 752113; Odisha
Default Re: Do we have to clear MCI exam first to give USMLE? Is it possible to do USMLE work for some years and then come back to India and practice?

Respected sir,
As per MCI guideline, all Candidates who have passes their medical degree fro outside india are bound to qualify in MCI exam, in order to get recognize as a doctor in India. Thats why its compulsory to Clear MCI exam.
Thank You. All The best.
19th September 2014, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

is it necessary to clear MCI after giving USLME Exam in central america, i heard if we write usmle than no need of giving MCI screening test it is like optional..please clarify the doubt..
8th February 2022, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

I%u2019m an india national studying in Philipines and I don%u2019t want to take mci screening test and directly take usmle step one will there be any objections regarding this with mci
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?