11th November 2011, 10:56 AM
babu shankar

Does KSOU Degree is eligible for IAS Exam?

dear sir can a karnataka state open university (correspondent) degree is eligible to take IAS exam?

11th November 2011, 02:21 PM
anissa

Default Re: Does KSOU Degree is eligible for IAS Exam?

The IAS or Indian Administrative Service Examination is in all likelihood the most challenging tests to crack inside of India. The fact is as per one research concerning the Civil Services Exam, the IAS is actually the next most difficult examination, just after the French Civil Services Test, to cope with. However it is undoubtedly manageable.
11th November 2011, 02:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by babu shankar View Post
dear sir can a karnataka state open university (correspondent) degree is eligible to take IAS exam?
Dear friend,

Karnataka State Open University is approved by UGC.

So you can applicable for IAS exam.

Because those candidate have completed graduation degree from UGC approval college .

I have attached the proof of UGC approval.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KSOU UGC APPROVAL.pdf(84.0 KB, 636 views)
11th November 2011, 03:57 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by babu shankar View Post
Hello friend,
Karnataka State Open University is an recognized university and therefore the degree awarded by the university is considered equivalent to degree offered by any other recognized university, approved by central or state government.
So, you can definitely apply for civil service exam provided you fulfill other eligibility criteria.
First of all, you need to be a graduate in any discipline.
You must have attained the age of 21 years.
You must not be over 30 years of age to apply for the exam.
The maximum age limit is relaxed upto 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category and 3 years for OBC category.
28th August 2013, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my degree through bangalore university correspondence i. e open university am i elegible for ias eam???
28th August 2013, 07:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

KSOU and Bangalore University are recognized University and a Degree from these Universities will surely make you eligible for IAS examination.

There is no where mentioned in the IAS notification that you should be a regular Graduate. Hence if you have done Graduation from correspondence then also you can apply for IAS exam

Age Limit:

Required age is 21 to 30 years. You can avail age relaxation if you belong to reserved category.

SC/ST - 5 years relaxation

OBC - 3 years relaxation

Selection Procedure:

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains Exam

-Interview

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
28th August 2013, 09:28 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

KSOU - Karnataka State Open University is recognised and approved by University Grant Commission, hence a degree obtained from this University is a valid one.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year after Graduation Degree from a recognised University having other eligibility criteria.
29th August 2013, 06:06 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Acronym "KSOU" stands for Karnataka State Open University.

The KSOU is approved by the UGC [University Grants Commission] as well as the DEC [Distance Education Council].

Also every candidate who has completed graduation from UGC recognized university and fulfill the age criteria is eligible for the IAS Exam.

So , Candidates having KSOU Degree are completely eligible to appear for the IAS Exam.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
6th September 2013, 11:03 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

KSOU stands for Karnataka State Open University.

The KSOU has got approval by the UGC (University Grants Commission) and the DEC (Distance Education Council).

The UGC and DEC are the respectable Boards / Commissions of India, and according to the eligibility a candidate is needed to have Graduation Degree from a recognized college/university

So , if you have the KSOU degree you are eligible for applying.

This is the all I have to share with you.

Thanks.
21st November 2015, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

can we apply for ias if we are having the degree from ksou (mysore open university) after all these things that have happened? I mean still mysore open university has the approval from ugc?
24th November 2015, 07:30 AM
Unregistered

I am pursuing final year graduation in KSOU (correspondence) and I aspire to write the UPSC exams once I finish my graduation, even I have started the preparation. But in news I got to know tht KSOU's UGC recognisation has been canceled nd I m very much worried about it..... Is this possible tht UGC cancelation will make our certificate useless???
If yes than what to do next to make my certificates valuable???
I request for the reply as I am not able to get the clear picture of it.
1st December 2017, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir myself akshay.. I left my engineering in 2nd year now am working in media.. In the same I have got from ksou. But there's a lot problems regarding the university.. Now I decided to write Upsc exams.. But my graduation is not valid. Now am thinking to complete degree from any other university in one year.. Is that beneficial for Upsc.
13th August 2019, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

I have completed My B.com degree KSOU on 2010-2013 i can eligible for GOVT jobs...
17th May 2020, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

I have complete my BCA from KSOU in 2015 is this valid for govt. Jobs
3rd April 2021, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir do I get a chance to do B.ed course .I have completed BA degree from KSOU in 2014.please reply
3rd April 2021, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my BA from KSOU in 2014is this valid for B.ed course and government jobs.
26th June 2021, 07:08 PM
Iffa0786

Graduation from any stream from a recognized University Grants Commission.

Yes,KSOU degree is eligible for IAS exam because KSOU is recognized by UGC (University Grants Commission).

KSOU full form- Karnataka State Open University.
1st July 2021, 06:08 PM
govtjobs24

Yes, definitely you are eligible to take IAS exam after getting the degree from karnataka state open university.
19th September 2022, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

Ksou students can apply Central and state government jobs..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?