17th November 2011, 11:06 AM
sharanya

Does this possible to pursue Ph.D course along with Job?

Hai Friends.....dis is Sharanya................myself completed MBA (fin&mktng)...now am doing job for 7000 , is it possible to do Phd along with job............please drag me out from dilemma.....................

Related Questions:
  1. Where can I pursue PhD in mraketing at Ahmedabad?
  2. What should I go for first between Ph.D and Lectureship? Name some institutes for pursing Ph.D with lecturer job.
  3. Courses suitable after completing M.Com in Gujarati? -- [New]
  4. How should I apply for Ph.D after finishing M.E in computer science and tamilnadu?
  5. Can i do PhD in IT after completing MCA through distance learning or do I need to do pursue M.Phil or M.Tech first? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I do Ph.D course after MCA?
  7. Is it necessary to do Master's Degree for doing PhD if completed PGDM?
  8. Prerequisite to do PhD in IIT? Whether IIT offer part time PhD? What about candidate self employed and want to pursue PhD in IIT?
  9. Where can I get a job after doing masters? Should I pursue Ph.D or Job?
  10. Colleges to pursue PhD in Cardiology? When forms are generally available?
  11. Marks required to pursue PhD? Can someone be Lecturer in government college after PhD? Age limit for it?
  12. How can I study PhD in India if Teaching in Qatar?
  13. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Biotechnology for M.Sc in Biotechnology & Management postgraduate? Job opportunities after completing PhD in Biotechnology?
  14. Can I pursue Ph.D in India after masters in UK?
  15. How can I pursue Ph.D from PGIMER? I have done masters in food and nutrition
  16. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Education after completion of M.Sc Education (Phy)?
  17. Am I exempted to attend entrance exam for study PhD if completed M.Phil in English Language? Where should I pursue PhD?
  18. Can I pursue B.Ed and PhD simultaneously in same university?
17th November 2011, 04:53 PM
mendu aparna

Default Re: Does this possible to pursue Ph.D course along with Job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanya View Post
Hai Friends.....dis is Sharanya................myself completed MBA (fin&mktng)...now am doing job for 7000 , is it possible to do Phd along with job............please drag me out from dilemma.....................
Dear friend,

Yes, definitely it is possible to pursue P.H.d along with work.

There are many institutes offering correspondence course in P.H.d
For admission in these colleges,you need not to qualify the entrance exam.......

Candidates applying for the Master's course must have passed their graduation with 60% marks from any recognised university.

These colleges conduct their own admission entrance tests.
Based on the result of the entrance test and merit admission is completed.

Here are some colleges in Pune, you can apply for p.h.d:

University of Pune, Pune

College of Engineering, Pune

Bharati Vidyapith College of Engineering, Pune

All the best!
17th November 2011, 05:58 PM
mahi 16

I do not know about whether you can do both or not but i have heard about there is some scholarship in which you can get 8000/-pm if you are study P.HD.
only thing is that you have to clear entrance exam for that.
Read employment paper for information.
17th November 2011, 06:00 PM
mahi 16

I do not know about whether you can do both or not but i have heard about there is some scholarship in which you can get 8000/-pm if you are study P.HD.
only thing is that you have to clear entrance exam for that.
Read employment paper for information.
17th November 2011, 07:19 PM
praveen_raj
Junior Member+

Hi Sharanya,

As you have done MBA, it would be better to go for internships which matches your specialization. if you want to do Phd, it would be better to concentrate full time on it. The Phd needs a lot of time and effort to put in and never know when it could end. While doing Phd, you can do job but you need to attend the sessions as your guide insists. Currently you are earning Rs.7000. You can get stipend more than what you earn currently. You can appear for UGC-NET and can apply for the research scholarships. As you have done MBA in fin&marketing , You can go for market research jobs and can also try for business analyst jobs which has a great demand in market.

Regards
Prudvi Raj

Regards
Prudvi Raj
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?