8th October 2010, 04:06 PM
trnjit.singh

Domicile Criteria in IAS Exam Eligibility

Dear Team, I want to know that presently i'm stying in Haryana but sir i have domocel of J&K state.My DOB is 14/08/1980
Sir,May i elegible for IAS Exam

Thanks & Regards
Taranjit Singh
Email: [email protected]

9th October 2010, 11:57 AM
yogeshwarr

Default Re: Domicile Criteria in IAS Exam Eligibility

dear friend

there is 21 to 30 years limit for upsc exam if you are from sc/st category there is no age bar.If you are from obc, you can appear 7 time and one thing if you are from general category you can appear 4 time max.
9th October 2010, 03:27 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Haryana govt. is very much restricted about their state and cant allow others to get the facilities provided by them As in your case though you are a resident of J & K,so you are not eligible for IAS exam.
13th October 2010, 02:24 AM
Sanjiv sharma

Dear friend
UPSC provides age relaxation to the persons of j&k who born between 1.1.1980 to 1989 and you told us that your D.O.B is 14.8.1980 then i think you come in the criteria of age relaxation. At the moment you are staying in Harayana state it will not harm you what you needs to have a state subject and domiciled certificate in which clearly indicated that you are a permanant resident of j&k state and born between 1.1.1980 to 1989 in j&k state and both the certificate must be signed and stamped by district megistrate or tehsildar of that state.if you produce these certificate to the commision then i think you are eligible ao can apply for IAS in the matter of age relaxation.
GOOD LUCK
14th October 2010, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to know if Indian studying in abroad is eligible for ias
15th October 2010, 08:52 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,

If you doesn't belong to OBC,SC,ST then i think you are not eligible for IAS exam, because the age limit for IAS is 21-30 years only & you have crossed 30 years.

But if you belong to above quotas then you have a chance of next 5 years.

& i suggest you to kindly visit the following link to remove your all confusion about your eligibility.
www.upsc.gov.in

good luck.
15th October 2010, 08:54 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Domicile Criteria in IAS Exam Eligibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear friend,

You are definitely eligible for IAS exam.

As you are doing study in abroad but you are Indian, & if your age limit in between 21-30 years then you can appear in IAS exam.

good luck.
15th October 2010, 10:08 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Domicile Criteria in IAS Exam Eligibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnjit.singh View Post
Dear Team, I want to know that presently i'm stying in Haryana but sir i have domocel of J&K state.My DOB is 14/08/1980

Thanks & Regards
Taranjit Singh
dear friend,

for more details and proper information please visit www.upsc.gov.in

good luck.
15th October 2010, 11:58 PM
Sanjiv sharma

Quote:
Absolutely friend
If you studying abroad it doesn't mean that you can't apply for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE
after all you are an indian and having the indian citizenship and every indian having the right for competing IAS EXAM.
BEST OF LUCK
16th October 2010, 12:18 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

first of all you have to be an INDIAN.

YOU SHOULD BE a graduate.

your age limit-21-30 years.

for SC/ST-5 year age relaxation

OBC-3 YEAR age relaxation

for more detail log on to

www.upsc.gov.in

all the best
1st November 2010, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Thankyou sir, for all information you provide to us but sir i have an confusion about age & attempts criteria & that is , you told us that there is no limitaion for age in sc/st but you also saying that age relaxsation for sc/st is 5 years,plese sir clear this point to us.
Thankyou & Regards
2nd November 2010, 11:28 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

For the IAS examination following is the eligibility criteria:
Age limits :
21-30 years (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs as per the rule of the government)

Educational Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.
the candidates must be an INDIAN, there is no any problem regarding the domicile of the jammu & kashmir.there is some relaxation in the age for the jammu & kashmir.these are

Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989 get relaxation of 5 years

Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of J & K + SC/ST get relaxation of 10 years
3rd November 2010, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

i have a query regarding the subjects. Is it must that on should have at least one of the subject namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology. if any one have done his graduation with others subjects and didnt opt any of the above mentioned subjects in his graduation is he elgible for IAS or not. suppose one have done graduation in education, urdu, english, plitical science and economics. is he eligible for IAS or not

Regards
Ghulam Abbas
10th November 2010, 05:30 PM
KaranB

Smile Re: Domicile Criteria in IAS Exam Eligibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjiv sharma View Post
Dear friend
UPSC provides age relaxation to the persons of j&k who born between 1.1.1980 to 1989 and you told us that your D.O.B is 14.8.1980 then i think you come in the criteria of age relaxation. At the moment you are staying in Harayana state it will not harm you what you needs to have a state subject and domiciled certificate in which clearly indicated that you are a permanant resident of j&k state and born between 1.1.1980 to 1989 in j&k state and both the certificate must be signed and stamped by district megistrate or tehsildar of that state.if you produce these certificate to the commision then i think you are eligible ao can apply for IAS in the matter of age relaxation.
GOOD LUCK
Dear Friend,

Just want to confirm what you wrote. You said persons who are born between 1980 - 1989 which is not true...i think it people who have been domiciled in J&K between that period get a relaxation for 5 years.
10th November 2010, 07:00 PM
Sanjiv sharma

Default re: website for checking acio grade ii results

Quote:
i have a query regarding the subjects. Is it must that on should have at least one of the subject namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology. if any one have done his graduation with others subjects and didnt opt any of the above mentioned subjects in his graduation is he elgible for IAS or not. suppose one have done graduation in education, urdu, english, plitical science and economics. is he eligible for IAS or not

Regards
Ghulam Abbas
dear friend
for your kind information i want to tell you that UPSC conduct IAS examination every year. Applying for IAS examination one must be needs to be a graduate in any stream or subject. If you are havin. a graduate degree from a recognised university university or institution they you are cent percent eligible for IAS examination in the matter of education qualification. So go ahead and avail the three chances of IAS examination.
Best of luck
11th November 2010, 11:23 PM
sanjusabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnjit.singh View Post

Thanks & Regards
Taranjit Singh
As you had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir so you are eligible.
Maximum age limit for IAS is 30 years and i think you can just make IAS for this year and if you had been domiciled during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989 then you will get a relaxation in age of 5 years.
For more details visit http://www.ias.ac.in/.
4th January 2011, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

sir I am 26 year old I am give priliminary exam for 2011
Gaurav Sharma
31st January 2011, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

i am permanent residet of jammu & kashmir and belong to st catagory. i am 37 year old. am i eligible for appearing in ias 2011?
22nd March 2011, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Sir, my date of birth is 15-02-1980 and i am a permanent resident of Jammu & kashmir. Can i get a relaxation of age by 5 years. Also i want to know for how many years from now this relaxation will be available for doniciles of J and k
27th May 2011, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am a resident of state jammu and kashmir and my date of birth is in june of 1982.
(1). Am i eligible for entering in the IAS examination and if i fall in the category of domiciles of j&k, can i get age relaxation of 5 years more?
(2). who are the domiciles of j&k, how can i know if i am in that category or not?
plz, help me to eradicate this confusion!!
31st May 2011, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
sir,i am a resident of state jammu and kashmir and my date of birth is in june of 1982.
(1). Am i eligible for entering in the IAS examination and if i fall in the category of domiciles of j&k, can i get age relaxation of 5 years more?
(2). who are the domiciles of j&k, how can i know if i am in that category or not?
plz, help me to eradicate this confusion!!
Plz follow this link to get exact information regarding age relaxation benefits on the basis of domicile certificate w.e.f 1980-89....god speed!!

Link no 1. http://srinagar.nic.in/public%20utilities/DOWNLOADS/Domicile/GAD-JK-1058.pdf

Link no 2. http://srinagar.nic.in/public%20utilities/Forms/Domicile_Form.htm
18th October 2011, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR
I WANT CONFIRMATION ABOUT THE RECENT NOITIFICATION OF UPSC FOR MEDICAL JOBS IN WHICH AGE RELAXATION FOR J&K CANDIDATES HAS BEEN MADE FORCIBLE ONLY UP UPTO 31DEC OF THIS YEAR. DOES IT MEAN THAT J AND K CANDIDATES WILL BE DEPRIVED OFF 5 YEAR AGE HIS AGE RELAXATION FOR IAS AND IFS EXAMS FROM 2O12 ON WARDS (EMPLOYMENT NEWS PARER DATED 8-14 OCT, 2012)
7th November 2011, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

examination form date
14th November 2011, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
DEAR SIR
I WANT CONFIRMATION ABOUT THE RECENT NOITIFICATION OF UPSC FOR MEDICAL JOBS IN WHICH AGE RELAXATION FOR J&K CANDIDATES HAS BEEN MADE FORCIBLE ONLY UP UPTO 31DEC OF THIS YEAR. DOES IT MEAN THAT J AND K CANDIDATES WILL BE DEPRIVED OFF 5 YEAR AGE HIS AGE RELAXATION FOR IAS AND IFS EXAMS FROM 2O12 ON WARDS (EMPLOYMENT NEWS PARER DATED 8-14 OCT, 2012)
this age relaxation is continued each year on 1st January.... this is not a permanent privilege but each year the age relaxation notification is issued
11th July 2012, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

my D.O.B. is 15.04.1977,and im permanent resident of J&K State.Plz tell me truly can i m eligible for
domicile certificate,plz reply soon......
14th October 2012, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Re: Domicile Criteria for Recruitment in State Bank of India.

Sir. State Bank of India have issued an advertisement for recruitment to Clercal Cadre vide No: CRPD/ABC/2012-13/01 in its
Associate Banks and prescribed age limit of 18 to 28 years as on 01-08-2012. On 1.8.2012 I was 28 years and 4 months old and thus ordinarily not eligible but SBI has also provided age relaxation of 5 years to the 'persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State during the period from 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989'. I was born on 27-03-1984 and was domiciled in Kashmir Division of J & K State from my day of birth i.e. 27-03-1984 to 31-12-1989. I would like to know whether I am entiled to age relaxation if I produce a domicile certificate wef. 27-03-1984 to 31-12-1979.
15th October 2012, 03:51 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

HELLO DEAR

You must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

=> upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
=> upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
6th June 2014, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

I m 42yrs old belongs St category and reside in Jk .can I eligible for civil services examination?
20th April 2015, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

I am a girl and is a resident of jammu and kashmir state but got married outside jammu. so am I Elgible for the age relaxation criteria in SBI po as it was mentioned in the notification that 5 years relaxation would be given to those who are ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu and Kashmir during 1984 to 1989.In my state subject it has mentioned that it is valid till marriage.
6th July 2015, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Thanking in advance.

I was born in Punjab in 1983 and have a J&K state subject, as my parents were born and brought up in J&K. Am i eligible for 5 year relaxation?
6th July 2015, 12:22 PM
jbali

Thanking in advance.

I'm born in Punjab in 1983 and have a J&K state subject, as my parent were born and brought up in J&K. Am i eligible for 5 year relaxation?
7th July 2015, 02:04 AM
sumansahujadam

Dear aspirant,

You must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

=> upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
8th July 2015, 02:31 AM
jbali

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumansahujadam View Post
Dear aspirant,

Thanks, what about the criteria of being domiciled in J&K from 1980-89. This for relaxation of 5 years. what does it mean? I'm born in Punjab in 83, and have state subject of J&K. Do I get this relaxation?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?