1st July 2011, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS exam? What is the eligibility criteria for IAS exam?

i am deepa i am the bca 3rd year student ,how to prepair a ias exam.can i do this exam,sir mujhe jabalpur city k bahar job karna chahti hu kya mai bca k bad ias ka exam de sakti hu. What is the eligibillitty for IAS?

1st July 2011, 05:25 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam? What is the eligibility criteria for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am deepa i am the bca 3rd year student ,how to prepair a ias exam.can i do this exam,sir mujhe jabalpur city k bahar job karna chahti hu kya mai bca k bad ias ka exam de sakti hu. What is the eligibillitty for IAS?
To Become a IAS Officer, Then You need to apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination. And Only Graduate Candidates in any Discipline are eligible for UPSC Civil Services Examination.

The Examination was conducted By UPSC Every year, But Firstly You have To apply for Preliminary Examination and If you will be able to clear the Preliminary Examination Then You are eligible for Main Examination.

- Graduates Candidates in any Discipline are eligible for Civil Services Examination. Final Year Graduate Candidates are also apply for this examination.

- Your Age should between 21 to 30 years (If you are general Candidates).

So, If you are Now in your Final Year Examination, Then you are eligible for UPSC Civil Services Examination. But you cant apply for this examination because the last date of apply for this examination was already Over. So If your aim is to become IAS Officer, Then please apply for this examination Next Year, The Notification was Published in the month of February Every Year.

You are apply for This examination Online By visit UPSC Website. So, please Dont worry After completing BCA you are eligible for IAS Examination.

So, Please starts Preparation for This examination, Just prepare well for Preliminary examination According to the Syllabus and New Pattern, just Purchase good books from the Market and keep study Regular only then you will be able to crack the IAS Examination.

The Syllabus and all other Information was availiable in the Official Website OR in the Given Notification, So please check the Notification, If you want to get more details Regarding UPSC Civil services Examination -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 386 views)
1st July 2011, 06:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam? What is the eligibility criteria for IAS exam?

Quote:
Dear Friend

After completing your Bacholar Degree, you are eligible for IAS exams.

So, Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government are eligible for appear in IAS exams.

Age limits -

21-30 years as on (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories.

Attempts -

The general Candidates get 4 attempts And 7 attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs Candidates in this exams.

Number of Exams -

Preliminary Examination - It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.

Main Examination - It consists of written examination and interview.

there are so many optional subject for you ,

you can choose any of them and prepare well.

all the best.
6th July 2011, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

i am final year student thayalan. BE(mech),can i apply upsc exam.how to prepare that exam. sir.my city,bhavani,in tamilnadu.
21st July 2011, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

sir i m 4th year eng. student, my department is computer sc. & engg, can i eligibil for IAS?
22nd July 2011, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

Please type your question or comment here and then click Submit.sir i have completed B.A.M.S.i want to appear upsc exam
22nd July 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Please type your question or comment here and then click Submit.i am b.a.m.s. Doctar i want to appear upsc exam
28th July 2011, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Well Deepa you can appear 4 an IAS if you could complete your graduation. Im also preparing 4the same. If you need any help regarding this pls. reach me on 8898101298, or mail me ([email protected]) I'll try to solve your Query as much as possible.
28th July 2011, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Well Deepa, if you wish to give an exam 4 IAS, you must be complete your graduation. Age limit is 33 for O.B.C. Cast with 7 attempts. Im also preparing for the same. You can reach me on 8898101298 or log on to [email protected]. I'll try to solve your query as much as possible. All D Best.
28th July 2011, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

how to apply for the exame i am a b.sc graduate
31st July 2011, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi, this is Swati. have completed graduation in commerce last year now pursuing CA. i am student of CA final and interested in IAS also. am i eligible for the same or not. ye bhi bataiye ki mujhe kis subject se karni chahiye plz reply me on my email id that is [email protected].
3rd August 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

hi, am lakshman have completd distence digree
4th August 2011, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

How can apply for IAS exam
9th August 2011, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

hi,am an engineering student of 4th year and i like to do my ias by taking coaching in delhi...what's your suggesion ..shall i take from online coatching or go directly to delhi...??plz sir help me out am in a dilemma
12th August 2011, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

hi,i am B.C.A final year student and i want to IAS preaper exam. so aap muje btaiye ki muje kya krna chahiye kis subject ko select krna chahiye ,plz reply me on my email id that is
[email protected]
15th August 2011, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

hi ,am yukti ,i am m c a 1 year student and i want to apply for ias exam so plz tell me how can i apply and how preaper for ias exam????
20th August 2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

i hv got 50% marks in graduation,nd i hv ecönomics,public Ad. Nd pol. Sci. Subject in b.a. So i want 2 knw dat m i eligible 4 d i.a.s exam plz help me, i realy need ur help n support
20th August 2011, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

syllabus for ias
5th September 2011, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Hi am sharvini, completed m pharmacy 2 yrs back,i want to apply for ias exam so plz tell me how can i apply and how to prepare for
ias exam?
5th September 2011, 03:56 PM
sharvini. A

i want to apply for ias exam so plz tell me how can i apply and how to prepare for ias exam????
7th September 2011, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i m nikhil,main ias ka exam dena chata hun.meri abhi mechanical degree chal rahi hai,aur mai 2year back bhi hun.kya mai IAS ka exam de sakta hun ya nahi.i really need ur help n support.plz reply me on my email id that [email protected]
8th September 2011, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

sir i am engineering student of 4th yr computer science and engineering, i want to detail information about the content of syllabus of ISA, i will waiting for your reply sir.
16th September 2011, 03:09 AM
Unregistered

Are Physically Handicapped persons eligible to attempt the Civil Services Exam? If so what is the upper age limit for them?
26th September 2011, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

what is the eligible age for handicaped to write civil service examination /
27th September 2011, 06:39 PM
dil-jale

hi dear,

eligibility for IAS exam
Educational Qualification :-
Should have Any Degree From Recognized University.

29th September 2011, 07:19 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

indian administrative services
this exam is conducted by UPSC every years. the age limit for this exam is 21-30.there are 5 & 3 year relaxation for SC\ST candidates & OBC candidates.
for appear in this exam you must have to complete your graduation in any stream from a a recognized university.

attempts -

The general Candidates get 4 attempts And 7 attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs Candidates in this exams.

stages of Exams -

Preliminary Examination - It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.

Main Examination - It consists of written examination and interview.

there are so many optional subject for you ,

you can choose any of them and prepare well.

all the best.
9th October 2011, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

sir,my self lalit and i am mechanical engineering student of IIIrd year,after completed my engineering,i want to become an IAS officer so what's the type of preparation about this situation or condition.
14th October 2011, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

hi sir this is sanjay im pursuing MBA i want to do IAS so plz tell me is that possible .plz tell about this how can i apply and tell me timing of examination .reply me urgently .
14th October 2011, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

hello sir , i am sonu gupta from rewari( haryana) . Sir i am pursing in btech(electronics) 2nd year . Sir my aim and life is ias. Sir please tell the name and writter name of best books which is useful in my goal.
Sir i am very thankful to you if u guide in particular direction .
Sir my id is [email protected]
sir please reply soon
19th October 2011, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

what time it open in year
19th October 2011, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i am binita final year computer science student .i want to know about ias exam how can we prepare ?which subject is best for me? i want to give hindi version exam please tell me where is the best coaching for me
9th November 2011, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is shivam jaiswal i m student of b.tch 4th year i wanna to know how to face the ias exam and how to prepare it
9th November 2011, 06:25 PM
sudarshanjain

first stage yoy need to clear preliminaryn round.....read general books for ias..
10th November 2011, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

Hi,this is Vikram Singh.I am doing B.A.M.S. Am i eligible for IAS.Secondly,can one take zoology and botany combination.
20th December 2011, 09:36 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

IAS(Indian Administrative Services) exam is conducted by UPSC(union public service commission).

* Candidates should be the citizen of India.
* Candidates should complete graduation from recognized university.
* You should have age limit within 21 to 30 years.
* For OBC category age limit 21 to 33 years
* For SC/ST category age limit 21 to 35 years.
* Final year candidates can also appear for this exam.

Attempts:

* For general - 4 attempts
* For OBC - 7 attempts
* For SC/ST - No limit

Procedure:

1. Preliminary exam
2. Main Exam
3. Interview

Subjects:

1. History
2. Indian Politics
3. English
4. Geography
5. Logical reasoning and analytical ability

Best wishes
30th December 2011, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

I like to do I.a.s exam but i don't have money .If i will do i.a.s how much money i will pay Please answer this question I am Waiting for that answer this is my request sir
31st December 2011, 12:08 AM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IAS examination
Then you will have to fulfill these criteria first

IAS Eligibility :

Academic Qualification :
The candidate must be graduate from any university.

Age Limit :
ForGeneral :21 to 30 years.[SC/ST will get 5 years age relaxation and OBC will get 3 year age relaxation]

No Of Attempts :
General : 4.
SC/ST: Unlimited.
OBC :7.

You can see these books :

You can see these attachments below :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS I.pdf(11.7 KB, 176 views)
File Type: pdf IAS II.pdf(9.9 KB, 127 views)
File Type: pdf IAS III.pdf(46.4 KB, 141 views)
10th January 2012, 12:20 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

IAS(Indian Administrative Services) exam is conducted by UPSC(union public service commission).

* Candidates should be the citizen of India.
* Candidates should complete graduation from recognized university.
* You should have age limit within 21 to 30 years.
* For OBC category age limit 21 to 33 years
* For SC/ST category age limit 21 to 35 years.
* Final year candidates can also appear for this exam.

Attempts:

* For general - 4 attempts
* For OBC - 7 attempts
* For SC/ST - No limit

Procedure:

1. Preliminary exam
2. Main Exam
3. Interview

The official website for UPSC is www.upsc.gov.in

Best wishes
25th January 2012, 02:38 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I'm T. N. Pandey & I'm the student of B.A.(Hons.) BHU with Maths, OMST & AIHC. Sir, which optional subject I choose for the IAS main exam. What I select maths and history for this. Is maths not tough subject for this exam. Plz- plz... Reply soon. My cntct no is 9161455659 & my e-mail adrs is [email protected]. Thanks!
27th January 2012, 08:52 PM
singu.archana

My name is Archana I completed my B.com computers m intrsted in IAS but I dono which d bst institute in Hyd n wr to take coaching plz reply fast
5th February 2012, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

sir now i am studing degree 1st year tax course so what i have to do,
to write the IAS exams?
28th February 2012, 11:17 AM
edward1989

eligibility for IAS exam
Educational Qualification :-
Should have Any Degree From Recognized University.

21st March 2012, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

hi////////// i m saleem ahmed from meerut,,,, now in karnal ,,
i m second year polytechnic student ,,in civil branch,,,based on 10th.
and i hve 2 passed [art stream];/////// sir i m insterested in ,ias ,,
sirgive me full detail about this ,,,

eligibility
how to prepare ias all exam
good coaching centre
full cost
25th April 2012, 12:23 AM
srinivas933

hi.

IAS (Indian Administrative Service) the conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

ELIGIBITY CRITERIA :
=> The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.
=> final year candidates are also eligible.
=> Age limits is 21th years to 30 years, 3 years age relaxation for the OBC candidates 5 years relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.
=> Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Selection Procedure :
* Preliminary exam,
* Main exam,
* Interview.

For more details check visit

All the best.
25th April 2012, 12:34 AM
srinivas933

hi.

IAS (Indian Administrative Service) the conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

ELIGIBITY CRITERIA :
=> The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.
=> final year candidates are also eligible.
=> Age limits is 21th years to 30 years, 3 years age relaxation for the OBC candidates 5 years relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.
=> Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Selection Procedure :
* Preliminary exam,
* Main exam,
* Interview.

For more details check visit

All the best.
25th April 2012, 08:26 PM
ravi17283

hi,
eligibility is you should have an degree certificate which you will get it in next year and you should possess a minimum age of 21 years.so start you preparation from now itself because there are large portions to study.get books from market and start your preparation,be confident in doing things.don't neglect your health...best of luck..your well wisher
16th May 2012, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

hai sir im sireesha my life ambition IAS recently completed my b.tech my ssc telugu medium so which type of books use to prepare for ias books and authors send me sir plz dis my mail id [email protected] plz sir to my mail anr information for civil services thnqu sir
2nd June 2012, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my sr. sec. this year. I want to become an I.A.S. but i'm confused about my course in graduation. should i do B.A. or B.C.A as i m interested in B.C.A rather. please tell me which will be beneficial for I.A.S.
11th June 2012, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

i am mahi, a btech 1st yr student. in which year i'll eligible to appear civil service exam?
7th July 2012, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

What are the new changes in IAS prelims and likely to be done in mains? I am an doing B.Tech in Computers and currently in 3rd year. Please give an overview of whole selection procedure.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?