6th November 2020, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in the NDA exam for a candidate with 47% in 12th?

Hi Sir/Madam, I have scored 47% marks in my 12th Board exam. I wish to appear for the NDA exam and make career in Defence Services. Kindly tell me with this percentage of marks, I am eligible to appear in the NDA exam?

10th November 2020, 05:11 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in the NDA exam for a candidate with 47% in 12th?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same academy one is required to qualify NDA Examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in the NDA examination is a Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board of education. In case of candidates looking to join Indian Navy or Indian Air force wings of NDA, one is required to have opted for Physics and Mathematics for their Class 12th academics.

So, having completed your Class 12th even with just 47% marks, you are definitely eligible for appearing in the NDA examination as far as the educational qualification for the same examination is concerned as marks in the Class 12th does not matters as far as the eligibility for appearing in the NDA examination is concerned.

For more details regarding NDA examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
11th November 2020, 07:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in the NDA exam for a candidate with 47% in 12th?

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th. Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

Examination is conducted in two stages. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
13th November 2020, 12:17 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Candidate must score minimum of 60% in grade 12th for applying NDA exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?