23rd April 2015, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in NDA entrance exam for 17 years old 12th PCM candidate?

Hello,
I want to give NDA entrance exam but
now I am in 12th standard, taking PCM.
So, now I am eligible for applying in NDA?
I am only 17 years old now.

26th April 2015, 09:38 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in NDA entrance exam for 17 years old 12th PCM candidate?

Yes of course, you are absolutely eligible to apply for NDA examination. Being a intermediate candidate, you are definitely eligible to apply and age wise also you are satisfied the eligibility criteria. You can definitely appear for NDA entrance examination, it is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year for defense recruitment of Army wings, Navy wings and Air Force wings. NDA I Last date for online registration has been closed. NDA II notification will be released in the month of June / July in the official website of UPSC.

For Army Wings: You should have passed intermediate in any discipline from a recognized school or equivalent qualification. Your age should be between 16.5 years and 19 years. Final year of board examination may also apply.

For Air Force and Navy Wings: You should have passed intermediate with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized school or equivalent qualification. Your age should be between 16.5 years and 19 years. Final year of board examination may also apply.

Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in
26th April 2015, 10:04 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in NDA entrance exam for 17 years old 12th PCM candidate?

To be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you must have completed 12th standard from a recognised board. NDA stands for National Defence Academy. It is an entrance examination which is conducted by UPSC for candidates who are interested to join in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force. Eligibility Criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years and must not have crossed the age of 19 years.

3. Educational Qualification :-
--> For Army Wing :- You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.
--> For Air Force and Naval Wings :- You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically fit as per Physical standard mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

Since, you are pursuing 12th standard, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination. Only after completion of your 12th standard, you are eligible to appear in NDA examination.
26th April 2015, 12:27 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are absolutely eligible to appear in NDA & NA (National Defense Academy) and Naval Academy Examination being a 17 years old candidate. The minimum basic educational qualification required to be eligible for NDA and NA Examination is " 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education" with Physics and Mathematics or its equivalent examination.

For Army Wing of NDA: 12th Class Pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or Equivalent qualification

For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education with "PHYSICS" and "MATHEMATICS" or its equivalent qualification.

Candidates appearing at the 12th Class Examination are also eligible. As you are in 12th Class at present being a 17 years old candidate you are certainly eligible to appear in NDA Entrance Examination.

Age Criteria Required: 16.5 years to 19 years
26th April 2015, 05:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I want to give NDA entrance exam but
now I am in 12th standard, taking PCM.
So, now I am eligible for applying in NDA?
I am only 17 years old now.
Yes, you are eligible for NDA entrance exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Procedure for NDA exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?