17th June 2019, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in NDA exam for a candidate with 66% in 10th and 52.15% in 12th PCM?

Sir, I have completed my 12th with PCM stream and scored 52.15% marks. I have scored 66% in 10th standard both from Kerala Board. I want to know that am I eligible to appear in NDA exam? Please tell me asap.

20th June 2019, 01:30 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in NDA exam for a candidate with 66% in 10th and 52.15% in 12th PCM?

Eligibility for NDA exam-

For army wing of NDA, candidates should have qualified 10 + 2 or equivalent examination from any recognised board.

For Indian Airforce and Naval of NDA and 10 + 2 cadet entry scheme at the Indian Naval Academy, candidate must have passed ten plus or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics.
There is no requirement of minimum percentage in 12th class.
20th June 2019, 04:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in NDA exam for a candidate with 66% in 10th and 52.15% in 12th PCM?

You just need class 12th qualification in any stream from a recognised board with pass marks to apply for NDA exam. There is no percentage criteria mentioned in the notification of the exam, that means you will surely be eligible for it. Just make sure your age is between 16.5 and 19.5 years.

Only unmarried males can apply for it and if you have studied PCM stream then you will be eligible for all three, Army, Air Force and Navy. Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and SSB interview.
21st June 2019, 09:37 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands National Defence Academy and NDA examinations are held twice every year by UPSC.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for the same examination are as below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board. But, for joining Indian Navy and Indian Air force wings of NDA, you must have pursued Mathematics and Physics at your Class 12th level.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For more details regarding the NDA entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?