6th October 2018, 01:36 AM
Raut prajakta

Eligibility to become an IAS Officer for Diploma Mechanical Engineer?

Sir/Madam, I have completed my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. I want to become an IAS Officer. So, with this qualification am I eligible to become an IAS Officer? Kindly let me know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

7th October 2018, 11:53 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to become an IAS Officer for Diploma Mechanical Engineer?

Candidates with only diploma qualification are not eligible to appear in Civil Service Examination which is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer.

The minimum required qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you have to complete bachelor degree to appear in examination.
8th October 2018, 12:31 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to become an IAS Officer for Diploma Mechanical Engineer?

I.A.S is Indian Administrative Service. Candidates have to appear and qualify in all three stages of Civil Service Examination.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years. There is relaxation for reserved category.

You will not eligible to appear in the examination with diploma qualification. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th October 2018, 01:42 AM
Subjectexpert

IAS or Indian Administrative Service is one the coveted government jobs along with IPS and IFS.

Union Public Service commission conducts Civil Service Examination to recruit Candidates for these posts.

You are ineligible because Minimum Education qualification required to appear in Civil service examination is graduation. Diploma is not considered equivalent to graduation.

Age should be between 21 to 32 years.

Maximum Six attempts are allowed.

(Reservation According to Government rules)

My suggestion is to pursue B.Tech through lateral Entry .It will take 3 years to get B.Tech Degree as well as simple graduation.

By doing B.Tech in relevant Branch you will also become eligible for Indian Engineering services(IES) examination conducted by UPSC.
8th October 2018, 03:12 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Civl Services exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility criteria for becoming I.A.S -

The minimum educational qualification for Civil Services exam is graduaton degree.Diploma will not be considered equivalent to graduation in this case.So after diploma you should to graduation in any discipline.

2.Nationality should be Indian.

3.Minimum age limit is between 21 to 31 years.There is relaxation in minimum age bar for reserved categories.

4.Examwill occur in three stages-
Preliminary test
Mains
Interview

For becoming IAS,you have to qualify all three stages .
8th October 2018, 08:09 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

Selection of IAS officers is done by UPSC through Civil Services examination.

Minimum academic qualification: Bachelor's degree is the minimum academic qualification required for this exam.

After diploma in mechanical engineering, you need to pursue Bachelor of Technology or other graduation course to become eligible for exam.

Minimum age required is 21 years.
8th October 2018, 08:35 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

To be an IAS ( Indian Administrative Officer ) officer, you need to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Also, the minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Student pursuing final year of their bachelor's degree course are also eligible.

Since, you are a diploma in Mechanical engineering degree holder which is equivalent to a higher secondary school degree not a bachelor degree, so, you are not eligible to become an IAS officer with your educational qualification at this stage.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
8th October 2018, 11:13 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. To become IAS Officer you have to qualify Civil Services examination. This examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility criteria is candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidate age must be 21 to 32 years.Final year candidate are also eligible.

So, you are not eligible to become an IAS Officer for Diploma Mechanical Engineer.

For more information, you can visit www.upsc.gov.in.
8th October 2018, 11:50 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

IAS Officers are recruited through Civil Services Exam that is conducted by UPSC every year.

To be eligible for Civil Services Exam, you must have completed Graduation (B.Com, B.A., B.Sc., BCA, etc.)

As you have completed Diploma only, so currently you are not eligible to apply for Civil Services Exam.

Firstly, you will have to complete Graduation in any field, then you can apply for Civil Services Exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?