30th July 2022, 12:44 PM
Pappupreet

Eligibility for Biotechnology Professor in government college?

I have completed my graduation with biotechnology and now I want to do MA.engligh So may i eligible to be professor in government college

31st July 2022, 03:44 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Biotechnology Professor in government college?

The minimum eligibility to get admissions in the top the BTech Biotechnology colleges, students will have to secure 55% marks in 10+2 with science subjects like Physics Chemistry, and Maths. Some of the entrance exams for BTech Biotechnology are JEE Main, WBJEE, JEE Advanced, KCET etc. The course fees for BTech Biotechnology courses ranges between INR 25,000 – INR 7,00,000.
31st July 2022, 04:06 PM
Msdhoni02

To become a professor of biology one needs to have a PhD in related discipline of biology eg if an aspirant is keen to become a professor of biochemistry she has to take up admission in BSc Biochemistry followed by MSc and PhD.

Apart from educational background one needs to have teaching aptitude as well.
31st July 2022, 04:59 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

As per UGC norms the candidate must have master's degree with 55%/B+ grade and NET/SET certificate and or PHD to get assistant professor(AP) job in any one of UGC approved universities.
31st July 2022, 05:31 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

>> Eligibility for Biotechnology Professor in government college:-

1) As per UGC guidelines , the candidate must have master's degree with 55%/B+ grade.

2) Candidates must have NET/SET certificate or PHD to get assistant professor(AP) job in any one of UGC approved universities.
1st August 2022, 12:23 AM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

The minimum eligibility criteria are that one must pass the UGC-CSIR NET exam administered by the CSIR, the SET exam administered by the respective states, or the PhD completed in accordance with the revised UGC rules & regulations in order to enter into university/college teaching as an assistant professor after earning a master's degree in any subject with a minimum of 55% of marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?