16th December 2016, 03:20 PM
ranjan ram rj

Am I eligible to become a Professor in any Government college after completing Post Graduation? How can I apply for the Post?

Respected Sir, I have completed my Post Graduation and now I want to become a Professor in any Government Colleges in India so I want to know am I eligible to become a Professor in any Government college after completing Post Graduation? How can I apply for the Post? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How to become a professor in a government polytechnic in biotechnology department?
  2. What is the eligibility for assistant professor? Am I eligible for Assistant Professor after completing post graduation 24 years back with 53%?
  3. Are there any employment opportunities for M.A Economics? I am 40 years old
  4. Am I eligible to become lecturer in degree college after PG computer science with 52.2%?
  5. Is it possible to register myself for NET while studying MBA IT/Marketing?
  6. Which course should i choose in post graduation to become a English professor in a college?
  7. Am I eligible to pursue 3 years LLB course after completing my Post Graduation? Am I eligible to get Central Government Scholarship if I belong to ST Category?
  8. When will be the recruitment opportunity open for faculty in any position?
  9. What shall I do to become a Chemistry Professor?
  10. How can I get Recognition by MCI after completing Post Graduation from Nepal College?
  11. How can I apply for Professor post in a Government Polytechnic course?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for NET in HRM after completing Post Graduation with M.Com?
  13. Assistant Professor qualification issue with the university
  14. How to apply for lecturer post after completing graduation? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Am i eligible for assistant professor post in government polytechnic colleges after completing MSc and M.Tech computer science with first class
  16. Am I eligible to apply for the Post of Secondary School Teacher in Government Schools after completing Graduation with 54% marks from Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya and having Qualifying marks in OSSTET exam?
  17. Am I eligible for assistant professor post after clearing UGC NET with less than 50%?
  18. Can I become a college professor after B.Sc in PCM general? -- [New]
18th December 2016, 02:33 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a Professor in any Government college after completing Post Graduation? How can I apply for the Post?

In order to become a professor in any government college one must complete post graduation (Master's degree) in any discipline with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university. For the reserved category candidates the marks will be relaxed by 5%.

With this qualification you have to appear for NET (National Eligibility Test) examination which is conducted by UGC. If you are interested to apply for Junior Research Fellowship then your age should be in between 21 to 28 years and for reserved category candidates age relaxation will be applicable. If you are interested in Lectureship then there is no upper age limit for that.

You can visit the official website of UGC NET and apply online. Hence, if you qualify the examination with good marks then you will be eligible to become a professor in any government college.
18th December 2016, 08:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a Professor in any Government college after completing Post Graduation? How can I apply for the Post?

You can't get a permanent professor job at any government college on the basis of only a post graduate degree. You can only expect some contractual jobs, when there is lack of staff at government colleges. NET/SET qualification is required to get a permanent job.

Hence, you can try to apply for such jobs, if there is any availability but also try to qualify NET/SET, if you want a secure job at government college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?