20th August 2010, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for pune film institute entrance exam after BSc and pursuing MBA

i have completed my b.sc., boitechnology and now i m pursuing my m.b.a. am i have the eligibility to attend the entrance exam of pune film institute. pls suggest me the ways. i m 21 years old now.

Related Questions:
  1. Any entrance exam for Film direction study in Pune Film Institute? Previous years question papers of BSc Nautical Science entrance exam? What is the date?
  2. Any entrance exam available for Film Direction study in Pune Film Institute? Previous years question papers of BSc Nautical Science entrance exam? DAte of the entrance exam of MSc Nursing?
  3. Which books to refer for Pune Film Institute entrance exam?
  4. Eligibily for admission in pune film institute in acting course
  5. Eligibility for admission in FTII Film Direction course? Is bachelors degree from distant education program from Annamalai or IGNOU recognised by FTII Pune?
  6. A graduate who is 26 years old can take admission in one year Cinematography course? What about placement?
  7. Details about Duration, Fee Structure, Eligibility and Syllabus for Pune Film Institute Courses?
  8. FTII Pune entrance exam question papers?
  9. How to get the Pune Film Institute entrance exam papers?
  10. How to get admission in Film and Television Institute of India? Which type of courses are available there? -- [New]
  11. Sound editing course, film and television institute,pune: Past year question papers for entrance exam
  12. Entrance exam preparation for SRFTI FILM INSTITUTE.
  13. Is there any long time direction course in Pune Film institute?
  14. How to study PG diploma in direction course? Previous question papers of Pune Film Institute? What is the syllabus of the entrance exam?
  15. List of colleges along with their entrance exam date, syllabus and fee structure, offering MBA biotechnology course in Pune?
  16. Any courses for me in film institute of Pune after completing 12th with 70% marks?
  17. Information about the sound engineering course? Entrance which I need to to qualify to get into Pune Film Institute? Minimum qualifications needed?
  18. How can i join Pune Film Institute after completing Polytechnic diploma?
21st August 2010, 12:45 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for pune film institute entrance exam after BSc and pursuing MBA

Dear friend
You just need to have a bachelor degree for entering film institute. So you are eligible for the same.
There could be some criteria for marks and the admission happens through entrance exams.
You can see the details at official website.

But, I am afraid about your interests. First you did biotech, then MBA and now thinking about film institute. I would like to tell you to think 100 times before you play with your own career.
Good Luck
21st August 2010, 12:54 AM
swati123

Default Re: Eligibility for pune film institute entrance exam after BSc and pursuing MBA

Yes, you can appear for the FTII Entrance Exam. The eligibility for admission to Direction, Cinematography, Editing, Acting and Feature Film Screenplay Writing is that the candidates should have a Bachelor's Degree from a recognised University.

For admission to audiography course, the candidates should have a Bachelor's
degree with Physics as a subject at Sr Sec(10+2)level.

Admission to Art Direction and Production Design requires a candidate to have a Bachelor's degree in Architecture/ Painting/ Applied Art/ Sculpture/ Interior
Design or related fields in Fine Arts or Equivalent Diploma.

For admission to Animation and Computer Graphics the basic eligibility criteria
is Sr Sec (10+2) and preference is given to candidates having completed Diploma from fine arts colleges.

The above courses are all Film Courses, for TV Courses, the eligibility criteria are as follows:

Admission to courses in Direction, Electronic Cinematography and Video Editing
requires candidates to have a Bachelor's degree.

Courses in Audiography and TV Engineering require the candidates to have a
Bachelor's degree with Physics as a subject at Sr Sce (10+2).
21st August 2010, 11:03 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

hi.....frnd....don't dishearted..
u r eligible for the xam............
for more information u can go throuh the site of pune.....
bst of luck.........
21st August 2010, 11:28 PM
Rickers

Hello friend,

Yes!!!!! you are eligible for entering into the film institute, pune. They need only a graduation degree that's it nothing else. so don't worry prepare for the entrance exam.
The entrance exam conducted by the institute. They choose candidate on the basis of the marks and interview taken after the entrance test.
So you need to prepare hard as you are new in this field. But i am confused, because your choice of interest as you are from biotechnology student then pursuing MBA and now film institute.
Anyway you better know about your career, but i would like to advise you that don't play with your career.

Good luck!!!!
1st September 2010, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is murali krishna i have completed my ece in diploma but i have failed in engg because of lack of intrest in engg
iam very intrested in becoming a director but isaw ur site u told that bachelors degree can applicable i have no intrested in studying
engg thats why i have been failed now what to do sir
4th September 2010, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

sir,my name is ksm ganesh .i have been servicing in border security force as junior engineer(electrical). iam very intrusting in film line as director/actor.after 2 years my service completed then i taken volunteer ritirement.due to only cine maya.please suggest me how reach my goal.
5th September 2010, 08:23 PM
sanjusabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed my b.sc., boitechnology and now i m pursuing my m.b.a. am i have the eligibility to attend the entrance exam of pune film institute. pls suggest me the ways. i m 21 years old now.
Eligibility Criteria for pune film institute entrance exam is :
A) For Diploma : For the one-and-half-year certificate course, a candidate is required to have completed his/her 10+2 level. A Bachelor's Degree is required for the one-year certificate course. For admission in all the Television Certificate Courses, a candidate should be a graduate.
B) For post graduate diploma : For the admission in Post Graduate Diploma courses a candidate is required to have completed his/her graduation.
For more details contact :
Film and Television Institute of India,
Law College Road
Pune - 411 004
Maharashtra
Phone: +91-20-25431817 / 25433016
Email: [email protected]
28th September 2010, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

myself malaya paikaray studing btech 3yr (eee) and i hv much more interest in film carrier in film direction.is this possible for me or not if yes please sugest me and also tell me how can i prepare for the entrance exam.
18th November 2010, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my bsc in biotechnology n appearing MBA. Ami eligible for giving Net Set exam n wat would b the scope for it.
28th November 2010, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Hi im T.Rajavel from chennai doing my engineering course 2nd year.i know im eligible to apply to pune film institute after my degree completion.but what type questions will be asked in the entrance exams whether regarding the technical field in the films? or about general knowledge. kindly suggest me.
30th November 2010, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Muraleekrishnan.K
Payyanur,Kerala

I am completed in my Predigree(Commerce). I am interesting to attend a film direction course at Pune
Film Institute. How can i aply in this course. pls suggestions
30th November 2010, 08:12 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

hello friend,

You are eligible for pune film institute with bachelors degree.
The various courses you may join are

1.direction
2.cinematography
3.editing
4.acting
4th December 2010, 04:24 PM
dinoypoulose

i have complete my b.com degree.. i wanted to teach acting cource in pune film studies. how it is possible to me?
6th December 2010, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

I want to prepair myself for admission in pune in cinematography.how can i prepaired for that.
7th December 2010, 08:28 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

The eligibility for film institute is only graduation degree. Medium of instruction for all academic programmes at FTII is English. For more details you can go to the link below:
http://www.ftiindia.com/admission.html
10th December 2010, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Hello can we do cinematography after 2nd puc??pls tell??
20th December 2010, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

i have complete my course b a multimedia with 2nd rank in mg university kerala, i have more interest in direction/tv direction , pg certificate course also ve entrance how can i prapare for this
15th March 2011, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

i m pravat sharma from nepal.i have completed my bsc in physics.is there any facility for NRI?
1st April 2011, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

i have one doubt about sound editing.what are eligibility to apply sound editing course in pune film institute.can i apply after plus two
11th April 2011, 04:47 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

You just need to have a bachelor degree for entering film institute. So you are eligible for the same.
There could be some criteria for marks and the admission happens through entrance exams.

But, I am afraid about your interests. First you did biotech, then MBA and now thinking about film institute. I would like to tell you to think 100 times before you play with your own career.
11th April 2011, 04:48 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

20th April 2011, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

i want to take tv engineering from ftii.which bachelors degree is more suitable for me
22nd April 2011, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

will I be eligible for film direction course after my 12th standard....???
what is the criteria for marks??
I am a science student.
22nd April 2011, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

will I be eligible for film direction course after my 12th standard....???
what is the criteria for marks??
I am a science student.
4th June 2011, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

pune film institute 2011 endrance application form
8th July 2011, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

i have completed B.Tech in ECE branch and i always dreamed to direct films but my knowledge in english is not good
may i know how to become a good speaker in your institute
28th July 2011, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

sir iam passed plustwo iwant to join filim institute for director
13th August 2011, 06:35 PM
malek basit

hello friends...

Courses offered are:
1)Direction
2)Cinematography
3)Editing
4)Sound Recording & Sound Design
5)Acting
6)Art Direction and Production Design
7)Animation and Computer Graphics
8)Feature Film Screenplay Writing
14th August 2011, 10:09 PM
ammajii

Hi dear,

Yes, you can appear for the FTII Entrance Exam. The eligibility for admission to Direction, Cinematography, Editing, Acting and Feature Film Screenplay Writing is that the candidates should have a Bachelor's Degree from a recognised University.

Admission to Art Direction and Production Design requires a candidate to have a Bachelor's degree in Architecture/ Painting/ Applied Art/ Sculpture/ Interior

is Sr Sec (10+2) and preference is given to candidates having completed Diploma from fine arts colleges.

The above courses are all Film Courses, for TV Courses, the eligibility criteria are as follows:

Thanks
18th August 2011, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

is there any age limit for pune film institute courses?
24th August 2011, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

hello everyone!
i really want to know the dates for the ftii entrance exam this year.
so if anyone can guide me on that.
thank you.
24th August 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

hello everyone,
can some one please assist me with the ftii entrance exam dates for this year?

thank you.
24th August 2011, 09:34 PM
soma chahal

hello everyone,
can someone please assist me with the ftii entrance exam dates for this year?
thank you.
25th August 2011, 12:59 AM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

HI dear,

Thanks
31st August 2011, 05:31 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

7th September 2011, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vike View Post
Dear friend

Good Luck
Whilst your advise may be valuable to the person who asked this question, you have absolutely no right to comment on their career choice or comment that you believe they are 'playing' with their career. Many people find their true calling in life after a basic degree, a post graduate and maybe another degree. That is their choice, and it is terrible of you to remark on it in such a negative manner.
16th November 2011, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my plus 2 course.I am a commerce student in 12th.I have interested in film direction course.Direction is my dream.will i be eligible for film direction course.
17th November 2011, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

is it that much tough to write the entrance exam for ftii
23rd November 2011, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

hi, i am doing B.Pharmacy 4th year now, then after i want to learn film direction. Is their any institutes in Hyderabad and please can you tell me about fee
6th December 2011, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell me sir for applying in audiography whether one should have physics in graduation level or only in higher secondary(10 2)level.
12th December 2011, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

sir i hve completed my b.sc.cs and .I have interested in cinematography course;so please tell about the course and ways to join FTII pune.
20th December 2011, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, i am lakshya. M a MBBS 3rd yr student. I always wanted to make it to acting.. Plz tell me d criteria eligibility nd also wat m i supposed to knw for ur enterance exams.
4th January 2012, 05:29 PM
dafilmschool

Location: Plot No C-3, Street No-11, MIDC,, Mumbai (Bombay), India 400093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir, i am lakshya. M a MBBS 3rd yr student. I always wanted to make it to acting.. Plz tell me d criteria eligibility nd also wat m i supposed to knw for ur enterance exams.
Hi,

You need to have a Bachelor's Degree to be eligible for this course. The sale of prospectus for the next batch has already been started. More information you can get on their website oin the FAQ section over here: http://www.ftiindia.com/admission_faq.html

Regards,
Digital Academy - The Film School
6th February 2012, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

Is there any scope to admit as a foreigner ?
11th March 2012, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i m vijay Dugani i m completed Diploma Mechanical Engineering after my 10 2. So i m thinking of joining the Film institute.. please tel me whether i m eligible or not? hope you reply
26th March 2012, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

I m a Homeopathic Doctor with Bachelor degree. But my interest is for film lines such as script writing, cinematography, direction & acting. Am i eligible for entrance exam in pune film institute?
26th March 2012, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

I m a Homeopathic Doctor with Bachelor degree. But my interest is for film lines such as script writing, cinematography, direction & acting. Am i eligible for entrance exam in pune film institute?
23rd April 2012, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am Nitheesh Sebastian and completed B.Sc(Electronics). I have much more interest in film carrier in film direction. Is this possible for me? If it possible how can relate the field of electronics in movie making?. Please sugest me and also tell me how can I prepare for the entrance exam.
3rd May 2012, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I got a B.Tech degree from IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University), I have much more interest in film carrier in film direction. Is this possible for me? Please sugest me and also tell me how can I prepare for the entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?