24th June 2018, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study distance BSc(Chemistry) for a candidate with 55.6% in 12th Science?

Hello Sir, I have completed my 12th Science and secured 55.6% marks. I want to do BSc in Chemistry Honours course through distance education. Kindly let me know that am I eligible to study this course? Waiting for your response!

25th June 2018, 11:45 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study distance BSc(Chemistry) for a candidate with 55.6% in 12th Science?

=> B.Sc. Chemistry or Bachelor of Science in Chemistry is an undergraduate Chemistry course.

=> The duration of this course is three years.

=> For this course candidate must have passed 12th class in science stream with at least 50% from a recognized board.

=> As per my knowledge, you are eligible to study distance B.Sc(Chemistry) after 55.6% in 12th Science.
26th June 2018, 09:00 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study distance BSc(Chemistry) for a candidate with 55.6% in 12th Science?

To be eligible to study B.Sc. (Chemistry) course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Science stream from a Government recognised board. Admissions in B.Sc. Chemistry are done through merit basis of 12th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective state/ college/ university.
26th June 2018, 04:32 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for studying B.Sc Chemistry through distance education mode.

Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Chemistry is a graduation level degree. The duration of the course is 3 years.

The basic eligibility required for studying B.Sc Chemistry is a 10+2 in science stream with minimum 50% from any recognized board.
Since you have secured 55.6% you are eligible for studying this course in distance mode of education.

There are many colleges in India which offer this course in distance mode. Some of the colleges list is given below:

- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Delhi
- Patna University, Patna
- Netaji subhas open university, Kolkata
- Berhampur university, Orissa
- Karnataka state open university, Karnataka
- Madhya Pradesh bhoj open university, Madhya Pradesh
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?