2nd June 2018, 01:56 AM
Shruti kure

Is it necessary to study IT in 12th standard to study further BSc(IT)?

Sir, I am interested to study BSc(IT) course after completing my 12th. I am studying 12th with Science stream but I don't have IT. So, is it necessary to study IT in 12th for doing in BSc course? Please tell me about this asap.

Related Questions:
  1. What can I study after 12th standard with scholarship?
  2. Scholarships to study 12th standard in USA?
  3. Is it necessary to study IT in 12th standard to study further BSc(IT)?
  4. How should I study CA after completing 12th computer science? Are there any colleges to study CA in tamilnadu?
  5. Where can I study Aerospace Engineering after 12th standard?
  6. Eligibility to study BCA(H) course for a candidate with 48% in 12th standard? -- [New]
  7. Is it necessary to submit study certificate right from 1st standard to 12th standard for K CET?
  8. Which is a better university to study Aeronautical Engineering? Marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much is the fee structure?
  9. How to study BCA and MCA after completing 12th standard?
  10. Which is a better university for studying Aeronautical Engineering? Marks needed in 10th and 12th to study this course? Fee structure and is there any placement assurance?
  11. What to do after completion of 12th class to become a Pilot?
  12. Can I study BSc(Biotechnology) if haven't studied Maths in 12th?
  13. Universities conducting Aeronautical Engineering course? How much marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much fee to be paid? Is there any guarantee of a job? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Which subjects are considerable in 12th standard to study BHM?
  15. Procedure to study 11th standard from abroad with scholarship?
  16. How can i study in ISRO after passing in 10th standard?
  17. Which subject to study next after 12th standard to become an Astronaut?
  18. Is it possible for general caste poor student to study abroad after 12th standard?
3rd June 2018, 12:16 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study IT in 12th standard to study further BSc(IT)?

B.Sc. Information Technology or Bachelor of Science in Information Technology is an undergraduate Information Technology course. The duration of B.Sc. Information Technology course is three years.

ELIGIBILITY: Candidate must have passed 12th class in science stream from a recognized board.

MAIN SUBJECTS REQUIRED: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics

As per my knowledge, it is not necessary to study IT in 12th standard to study further B.Sc(IT). The minimum percentage required in 12th class to study Bachelor of Science in Information Technology course is 50%.
3rd June 2018, 08:32 PM
stutiswet2

Default Re: Is it necessary to study IT in 12th standard to study further BSc(IT)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shruti kure View Post
Sir, I am interested to study BSc(IT) course after completing my 12th. I am studying 12th with Science stream but I don't have IT. So, is it necessary to study IT in 12th for doing in BSc course? Please tell me about this asap.
No, it is not necessary that you should study 12th with IT for studying B.Sc. IT in future.
You must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th for studying B.Sc. IT in graduation.
3rd June 2018, 11:52 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no need of having IT in 12th class for studying B.Sc in IT.

B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) in IT (Information Technology) is a graduation level degree. The duration of the course is 3 years.

The basic eligibility required for studying this course is a 10+2 or its equivalent education in PCM or its related subjects with minimum 50% from any recognized board.

Since you have studied 12th class in science stream you are eligible for studying B.Sc in IT.

There are many colleges in India which offer this course. The admission process varies for every university. Few give direct admission & few universities conduct entrance exams. Some of the top colleges in India are listed below:

- St. Xaviers college, Mumbai
- ASM's college of sci ence, Pune
- Amity university, Mumbai
- Rai university, Ahmedabad
- GNA university, Phagwara
- RIMT university, Punjab
- Dev bhoomi institute of management studies, Dehradun
- Chandigarh university, Chandigarh
4th June 2018, 11:16 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, it is necessary to purse IT in 12th to get admission in B.Sc IT course.

The required qualification to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper.

So, you are eligible to get admission after completion of 12th in science stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?