17th October 2019, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Are engineering students eligible to become an ITO Officer?

I'm the student pursuing me 2nd year of B.Tech Computer Science Engineering (CSE) branch and after completing my engineering degree course can I had a chance to become an ITO Officer? Do I also need to write any entrance for ITO Officer? And, what is the pay scale of ITO Officer?

31st October 2019, 11:52 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are engineering students eligible to become an ITO Officer?

ITO stands for Income Tax Officer. To become Income Tax officer, you need to join Indian Revenue Services. Selection of candidates to Indian Revenue Services is through Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Graduation in any stream from a recognized university is the minimum academic qualification required to apply for this exam.

You will have to clear preliminary, mains and personal interview for final selection.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?