13th August 2011, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

Which exam to give to pursue Ph.D in India after doing PG in Computer Applications?

i m pursuing post graduation in master of computer applications...
i want to give competitive exam for doing Ph.d in india...so please suggest me th exam which i hav to go through???

16th August 2011, 12:20 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exam to give to pursue Ph.D in India after doing PG in Computer Applications?

Dear Friend

If you wish to do higher education (Ph.D.) in the field of computer science then you should
apply for UGC-NET examination after completion of your post graduation.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by a Govt. body,
University Grants Commission.

The NET score is valid in all the universities across the country.

The examination is conducted twice a year.
One in June and the other in December.
The notification for the exam is published in March and September for June and Dec
exams respectively.

Visit: http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/net.html for details.
4th January 2012, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which exam to give to pursue Ph.D in India after doing PG in Computer Applications?

im pursuing msc forensic science. what exams shud i give to pursue a Ph.D ? also which are the institutes in mumbai that offer Ph.D in forensics or subjects related to biotechnology?
28th June 2012, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I do PhD in reputed university of US after post graduation in IIT/IISC? Since we get ME or MTech degrees in India and US universities offer MS for the same, is it possible for me to get admitted in PhD program in US if I have MTech/Me degree? I was surfing MIT website & found out that they require MS for PhD, so do they (US universities) accept ME/Mtech?
13th November 2012, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my masters in English literature and wish to pursue Ph.D in the same. could you please guide me so that i can begin as early as possible.
13th November 2012, 11:04 PM
azhardon

Dear Friend

If you wish to do higher education (Ph.D.) in the field of computer science then you should
apply for UGC-NET examination after completion of your post graduation.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by a Govt. body,
University Grants Commission.

The NET score is valid in all the universities across the country.

The examination is conducted twice a year.
One in June and the other in December.
The notification for the exam is published in March and September for June and Dec
exams respectively.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?