15th January 2012, 09:43 PM
dr ashish jain

Which exams do i have to refer after passing 12th to get admission in genetic engineering course?

what exams i have to appear after my 12th exams to get admission in genetic eng course and what are carrer options after completing graduation.

Related Questions:
  1. How to take admission in genetic engineering? Can I get admission after passing 12th with Biology
  2. Subjects which I should opt in 11th and 12th to take up Genetic Engineering? Which entrance exams to give?
  3. Percentage needed in 12th board exam to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology course? Entrance exam which I need to answer?
  4. What is the qualification for genetic engineering after passing 12th exam? What are the colleges offeirng genetic engineering?
  5. Is it necessary to have Mathematics in 12th for doing Genetic Engineering?
  6. How to take admission for genetic biotechnology after passing 12th with 72%?
  7. How to take admission in genetic biotechnology after passing 12th with 72%?
  8. Percentage required in 12th to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology courses? Main subjects in both the courses? Entrance exams required to be answered for Genetic Engineering?
  9. Can I join genetic engineering after taking BIPC in 12th? -- [New]
  10. How to get information about Biotechnology and Genetic engineering courses and exams notifications?
  11. What CET score is required for pursuing genetic engineering? List of colleges offering such course? I've completed 12th std
  12. Best colleges of genetic engineering in India after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to do genetic engineering after doing 12th with PCM?
  14. Which are the colleges offering genetic engineering in Maharashtra? Marks required to apply for genetic engineering? Which are the other competitive exams for genetic engineering?
  15. How to pursue Genetic engineering after passing 12th?
  16. Marks required in 12th for admission to Genetic Engineering?
  17. Genetic engineering B.Tech entrance exams and colleges in India
  18. Colleges and entrance exams for doing Genetic Engineering in India?
8th October 2012, 01:07 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which exams do i have to refer after passing 12th to get admission in genetic engineering course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr ashish jain View Post
what exams i have to appear after my 12th exams to get admission in genetic eng course and what are carrer options after completing graduation.
Dear,

In order to make career in the field of genetic engineering you should have a bachelor’s degree in a biological science. In addition to required courses in chemistry and biology, undergraduates should study allied disciplines, such as mathematics, engineering, physics, and computer science, or courses in their field of interest. Once you have completed undergraduate studies, you can then select a specialty for your advanced degree, such as cytology, bioinformatics, genomics, or pathology.

For admission in well known college you should secure over 70% in your high school exam,Be Graduate in biotech with at least 65%(aggregate),however it's better if you opt B.Tech. in Genetic engineering,after that you can do M.Tech.

Genetics is offered at the undergraduate level at :
  1. Kakatiya University, Warangal
  2. Osmania University, Hyderabad,

Some of the universities which offer genetic Engineering courses at postgraduate and doctorate levels are:
  1. Bio-Informatics Centre of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) New Delhi,
  2. Indian Institute of Technology (Kharagpur and Delhi), Delhi University,
  3. University of Calcutta,
  4. MKU-Coimbatore,
  5. Birla Institute of Technology (Pilani Rajasthan),
  6. University of Lucknow,
  7. Jadavpur University (Kolkata, West Bengal) etc.

Some renowned institutes for M.Tech. in india are :
  1. Dr.MGR Educational & Research institute ,Maduravoyal,Chennai
  2. Mahatma Gandhi university Thiruvalla,Pathanamthitta
  3. Bharathiar university,Coimbatore (T.N.)
  4. Madurai Kamraj university,madurai (T.N.)
  5. University of calcutta,Kolkata(West Bengal)
  6. Jamia millia islamia (a central university),New Delhi
  7. Institute of bioinformatics & biotechnology,Pune
  8. Amity institute of biotechnology,New Delhi.

To study genetic engineering you must have science subject in you 12th. Also you need to have Maths and biology in your 12th.

Best of luck!
29th January 2015, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which exams do i have to refer after passing 12th to get admission in genetic engineering course?

what are the competative exams to be written after 12th to get admission in top most genetic engineering institutes?
29th January 2015, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

what are the competative exams to be written after 12th to get admission in top most genetic engineering institutes?
8th April 2015, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

What subjects are to be taken in 12 grade to get in genetic engineering?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?