12th August 2010, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

GATE eligibility after B.Sc (IT) through Distance Learning Programme from Kuvempu University

Hello Sir/ Madam, I have completed my graduation on B.Sc (IT) through Distance Learning Programme from Kuvempu University and my date of birth is 4th August 1985. Now I want to sit for GATE and pursue my Master degree. Please let me know whether I am eligible to appear for GATE or not? If yes, then will I be able to sit for the upcoming GATE? Actually this will be my first competitive exam, so would you like to suggest me any reference book that can help me in this regard. You can also provide me your number so that I can clarify my doubt or you can call me at (+91) 9830922518. Please reply me as per your convenient time. Thanking you... Dibyendu Mondal

Related Questions:
  1. Does distance learning B.Sc. degree from Kuvempu University holds any value?
  2. Can I appear in CAT exam if doing B.Sc(IT) from NIIT?
  3. MCA after B.Sc. IT through Distance Learning Mode
  4. Eligibility to apply for CET after graduation through distance learning from KUVEMPU University?
  5. Is there any university providing M.Tech in Distance Learning/Correspondence? Do I need to have a valid GATE score for M.Tech Distance Learning course?
  6. Is it possible to do M.Tech through distance learning? Do I need a GATE score for that? Universities providing the course?
  7. Can I apply for government job after completing BSc IT from Kuvempu University in distance mode
  8. How to pursue BSc in Chemistry through distance learning programme? I have passed HS exam
  9. Which is the best university for doing MBA through distance?
  10. Am I eligible for IAS exam after completing BSc in Kuvempu University
  11. Procedure of doing PhD through distance education from Annamalia University?
  12. How to do B.Ed distance learning? What is the eligibility criteria?
  13. Can I do MSc Physics with distance learning programme
  14. How can I do MSc Nutrition and Dietetics from IGNOU through distance learning programme? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to study M.Com through distance education? I have completed B.Com with average of 75% in Kuvempu University
  16. Is Ph.D programme in Costume designing available at kuvempu university? Which university to select for doing my Ph.D?
  17. Am I eligible to do masters after completion of B.Sc IT from Kuvempu University with collabration of NIIT as distnace mode? -- [New]
  18. Can I get admission in DU after passing BSc IT through distance learning? I have scored 60% in every semester
13th August 2010, 02:45 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: GATE eligibility after B.Sc (IT) through Distance Learning Programme from Kuvempu University

Dear friend,

I regret that you can't sit for the GATE exam ...

Because the eligibility to apply for this exam the candidate must have passed graduation in B.Tech or have done Master's degree in science subjects with at least 60% marks from any recognized university.

As you have done B.Sc in IT you are not appearing in the exam.

Good luck!
14th August 2010, 12:06 AM
adityabhushan

Default Re: GATE eligibility after B.Sc (IT) through Distance Learning Programme from Kuvempu University

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/ Madam, I have completed my graduation on B.Sc (IT) through Distance Learning Programme from Kuvempu University and my date of birth is 4th August 1985. Now I want to sit for GATE and pursue my Master degree. Please let me know whether I am eligible to appear for GATE or not? If yes, then will I be able to sit for the upcoming GATE? Actually this will be my first competitive exam, so would you like to suggest me any reference book that can help me in this regard. You can also provide me your number so that I can clarify my doubt or you can call me at (+91) 9830922518. Please reply me as per your convenient time. Thanking you... Dibyendu Mondal
dear
i am so sorry to say you, that you are not eligible for gate comptetion.
just you can prepare for msc in other colleges, or university..

with best wishes
aditya
17th August 2010, 03:06 PM
jiyaa

dear freind,
its unfortunate to say that you are not eligible for the gate examination.
the minimum criteria is the candidate should have a b.tech degree or Master's degree in science subjects with at least 60% marks from any recognized university.

with best wishes
18th August 2010, 02:45 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

You are not eligible to sit for the exam until and unless you peruse Master's degree in your field.....

So go for the Master's degree as soon as possible after completing your BSC in IT....

Then only you will be eligible to sit for the GATE exam...

All the best..
21st August 2010, 04:51 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friend,

i am very sorry to make you know that you are not eligible,

so you can give the gate exam,

so go for the other exam through which you can do your master degree course.
31st August 2010, 09:40 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible for GATE exam.so i will suggest you to do masters after bsc in it and then think about the exam because the eligibility criteria is you should have masters degree.
All THe Best!!!!
10th October 2010, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir/ Madam, I have completed my graduation on b.tech(computer science) through Distance Learning Programme from jrn rajashthan vidhyapeeth universit. Now I want to sit for GATE and pursue my Master degree. Please let me know whether I am eligible to appear for GATE or not? If yes, then will I be able to sit for the upcoming GATE
10th October 2010, 09:15 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

the GATE eligibilty is given below

1.minimum graduation in engineering.

final year & prefinal year btech students are allowed to attain in the gate exam.

2.after msc doing msc. students are also eligibile to attain in the gate exam.

there have not any age limit to attain in the gate exam.

so after bsc, you can't appear in the gate exam...

all the best............
13th October 2010, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,

I am doing correspondance B TECH from rajastan vidyapith university

Pls advice whether I am eligible for gate.

Ravish.
14th October 2010, 10:09 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea you eligible. there is no reason not to be uneligible.

do not worry fill up the form for the GATE in your desired paper.

you may read GATE 2011 by G.K Publishers as a practice book of GATE. it is a very popular book.

i will suggest you to read the total syllabus of GATE thoroughly. then practice some model question paper. see the previous few years question paper to know the question type. then prepare for aptitude. give trace on mathematics part and in aptitude part because you will secure a good position if you can do well in this two. you may take admission in any GATE coaching center.

best of luck.
18th October 2010, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/Madam
I'm in the final year of my B.Tech. I already appeared for GATE in my pre-final year. Can i appear for GATE an year after my graduation is over. Is there any limit that we can apply for GATE only twice in a lifetime?
30th November 2010, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

iam doing bsc it from niit which is distance edcation program am i eligble for po
10th May 2011, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

i am doing bsc(it) from niit with colleboration with distance learning programme from kuvempu university.can i take admission in master degree like MBA AND MCA though regular after complted my bsc(it).
23rd May 2011, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

dear sir i am doing doeacc b level and now i am trying for correspondence learning in b.sc IT am i eligible for GATE and sir please tell me will i do b.sc IT or not.
29th June 2011, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Sir i m dong bscit n gniit from niit can i do mtech
21st August 2011, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

I am doing BscIT gniit from NIIT. please tell me if i am eligible to sit for MCA entrance examination. I would also like to inform that my BscIT is distance learning program. If i am eligible please tell me bout some reference books and the best way to prepare for the entrances like AIMCET,NIMCET,JCET etc.
23rd August 2011, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Hi all friends,I am Yamuna studying BSc IT by Kuvempu University (NIIT jayanager).I want to know about overall degree percentile please help me finding the method.
My consistently marks are Semester weighted Performance by

NIIT varanasi : ( Ist semester 77.00 IInd 63.00 ) and
Kuvempu University Semester: ( IIIrd 65.38% IVth 58.92% Vth 68.00% )

What is the method of finding the overall percentage of the Degree.
13th September 2011, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

sir I am doing BscIT through NIIT can I sit in MAT exam
31st October 2011, 04:28 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hello friend...
GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)
It is an all India examination conducted every year jointly by the Indian institue of Science and seven other institutes,on behalf of national institute board...
It is an admission test for post graduate programes,with MHRD and some other Government scholorships programes for whom had qualified in the gate examination...
Gate examination is conducted by eight zones ,the zones are
*Indian institute of science in bangalore
*Indian institute of technology in Bombay
*Indian institute of technology in Delhi
*Indian institute of technology in Gowhathi
*Indian institute of technology in Kanpur
*Indian institute of technology in Madras
*Indian institute of technology in Karagpur
*Indian institute of technology in Roorkae
These are the eight zones conducting gate examination...
GATE entrance exam date of 2012 is
*Online examination-for the courses AR,GG,TF,will be conducted on 29th jan 2012-9am to 12 pm
for the courses like AE,AG,MN will be held on 29th jan 2012 -14 pm to 17 pm
*offline examination for the courses like BT,CE,CH.CS,ME,PH,PI will be on 12th feb 2012 9am to 12pm
and for the courses like CY,EC,EE,IN,MA,MT,XE,XL will be held on 12 th feb 2012 -14pm to 17pm
6th January 2012, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

SIR IT IS POSSIBLE TO DO B.TECH FROM KEVEMPU
12th November 2012, 11:50 AM
adityrai

Hello Sir/ Madam, I have completed my graduation on B.Sc (IT) through Distance Learning Programme from Kuvempu University and my date of birth is 01 January 1990. Now I want to sit for GATE and pursue my Master degree. Please let me know whether I am eligible to appear for GATE or not? If yes, then will I be able to sit for the upcoming GATE? Actually this will be my first competitive exam, so would you like to suggest me any reference book that can help me in this regard. You can also provide me your number so that I can clarify my doubt or you can call me at (+91) 9334105830. Please reply me as per your convenient time. Thanking you... Aditya Rai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?