25th June 2016, 05:44 PM
Kcric007

GATE eligibility for B.Sc Biotechnology 4 year Programme graduate?

Hello Sir, I am a B.Sc Biotechnology 10+2+4 basically a 4 year B.Sc Biotechnology Programme graduate am I eligible for GATE? Please suggest.

Related Questions:
  1. GATE eligibility after BSc in biotechnology? is it compulsory to appear for GATE exam to do M.Tech?
  2. Can I apply for Ph.D Biotechnology programme in IITM if completed PG in Pharmacy? Details and Eligibility criteria for Ph.D programme at IITM?
  3. Can i write GATE examination after studying Diploma in Mechanical?
  4. What are the subjects offered in B.Ed programme? Is it possible to do B.Ed after Biotechnology?
  5. Is there any scholarship programme available for masters course in UK for Indian Students? What is the criteria and eligibility for getting the scholarship? Universities in UK offering masters in Biotechnology? What is the fee structure?
  6. How much percentage do I need to take admission in IIMB for MBA with HR Specialization?
  7. Does IIT offer M.Tech in Biotechnology course? GATE syllabus for Biotechnology?
  8. Can I apply to study PhD in Biotechnology with 91.15 percentile in GATE? Procedure to apply?
  9. Am I eligible to appear for GATE Exam in Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  10. How can I apply for CS exam? Which course is better?
  11. How many exams are available to join in M.Tech?
  12. For which subject I should apply in GATE among Biotechnology and Life Science to study PhD in Biotechnology and become a Lecturer?
  13. List of top colleges offering MS in pharmaceutical biotechnology?
  14. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I apply for PhD course under Result Awaited category in IIT-Roorkee if secured 91.15 percentile in GATE(Biotechnology) and pursuing last semester of M.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  16. Is there any Pharma post graduate diploma programme available for Biotechnology graduate?
  17. Institutes offering genetic engineering course in Kerala?
  18. Eligibility to get admission in Presidency college, Kolkata for Integrated M.Sc(Biotechnology)? In which entrance exam I have to appear? Scope after completing?
28th June 2016, 04:03 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: GATE eligibility for B.Sc Biotechnology 4 year Programme graduate?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is a National level entrance examination jointly conducted by seven IITs and IISc for offering admissions to interested candidates in Post-graduate programmes like M.E, M.Tech, Ph.D, etc., in Indian institutes.

Eligibility criteria :-
=> To be eligible to appear in GATE examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Science from a Government recognised university.

=> Candidates who are pursuing final year of Bachelor's degree course are also eligible to apply for GATE examination.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you are pursuing 4th year B.Sc. Biotechnology course, so, you are eligible to apply for GATE examination.
29th June 2016, 02:16 PM
pawankumar215

Eligibility Criteria :--------

Bachelor's Degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

So you are eligible for GATE Exam

All the best.........
29th June 2016, 07:12 PM
Mamatha97
Junior Member+

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering. Engineering candidates are eligible for this exam. B.tech, M.tech candidates are eligible for this exam.

Eligibility Criteria:

you must have indian citizenship.

You must complete the graduation in engineering with any stream from any recognised university.

Final year pursuing candidates are also eligible for this exam.

Percentage not required for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?