21st June 2012, 01:32 PM
komaljain13

Is it a good decision to do MBA in HR+Banking after doing B.Tech in computer science

I have done my b.tech in computer science. Now if i do my mba in hr+banking , will it be a good decision.

30th October 2015, 05:42 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is it a good decision to do MBA in HR+Banking after doing B.Tech in computer science

Hi,

Engineering and MBA have become hand in hand courses wherein students take the former as their Bachelors and of course the latter as Masters. However, in the run for money and success many of them get deviated from the core subjects that they have studied during their education.

If you take a look at your profile, you are a Computer Science Engineer and now aim at doing MBA in HR + Banking. Though, on papers it may seem really good however it contains only little sense.

Here are a couple of recommendations that you can consider while placing a bet on your career:

1. Since you are a CS Engineer already, it is expected that you justify your course and work at some IT Company for sometime to gain exposure. You may try to fetch a job with any IT Giant such as Accenture, IBM, Wipro, TCS, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, Cognizant and others. Once you join, you would get the true feel of working with a corporate.

2. Since you wish to take up MBA, it is recommended that you do any of the two that you have in mind. There is hardly any college that integrates HR and Banking since these are two completely different areas of work. Hence, even if you wish to do so, the education would not help you much further and only give the interviewers a chance to question you aim.

If you wish to take up HR, do just MBA in HR. And if its Banking then do MBA in Finance.

Some of the top MBA Exams in India are CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, IIFT, NMAT, SNAP etc. You may sit for these, crack them and get admission in top colleges based upon your performance in the GDPI rounds.

Thank you.

Regards
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?