1st August 2019, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Is graduation compulsory to be eligible to apply for IAS examination?

I know graduation is needed to apply for the IAS examination form. But, I have done a Polytechnic Diploma course and I heard that Polytechnic Diploma is equivalent to Graduation. So, can I fill the IAS application form?

4th August 2019, 07:50 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is graduation compulsory to be eligible to apply for IAS examination?

The minimum education required to apply for the Civil Services examination (often known as IAS examination) is a graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, based on Polytechnic Diploma course, you are not eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination as Polytechnic Diploma course is not equivalent to a graduation degree course through any means.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upc.gov.iin.
4th August 2019, 10:26 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is graduation compulsory to be eligible to apply for IAS examination?

No, polytechnic diploma is not equivalent to bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. So, you will have to pursue the bachelor degree to become eligible to appear in the examination.

Examination is conducted in three stages. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?