15th March 2015, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IAS after B.A vocational graduation?

I mean to say that i m in my third year of college n i m doing a graduation in professional field in marketing n management of insurance from delhi university so i want to clear am i eligible for ias after graduation ?

16th March 2015, 12:39 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS after B.A vocational graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I mean to say that i m in my third year of college n i m doing a graduation in professional field in marketing n management of insurance from delhi university so i want to clear am i eligible for ias after graduation ?
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
16th March 2015, 06:54 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in IAS examination after completion of your B.A course. The IAS examination is conducted by UPSC every year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

Selection Process :-
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Mains Examination
3. Personal Interview

No. Of Attempts :-
--> General :- 4
--> OBC :- 7
--> SC/ ST :- No Limit
16th March 2015, 09:45 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for IAS entrance exam after completing BA Vocational graduation. Any stream candidates are eligible to apply for IAS entrance exam.

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is one of the Civil Service exam which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The Civil Service exam comprises of two stages. They are,

- Civil Service Aptitude Test
- Main Examination
- Interview

Eligibility Criteria:

Educational Qualification:
Those candidates who have completed graduation or those candidates who are in the final year of their studies can apply. There is no minimum marks required for IAS entrance exam.

Age Limit:
Minimum 21 years and Maximum 30 years. Applicants belonging to SC/ST category have upper age limit maximum of 5 years. OBC candidates have maximum of three years as upper age limit.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
17th March 2015, 08:14 PM
Creator1991
Junior Member+

Quote:
Why not, surely you are eligible to apply for IAS after B.A vocation graduation. Minimum Qualification to apply for IAS is that candidate must have completed a degree course. Degree is the one and only qualification is the enter pass to apply for IAS Examination. It is no matter the graduation in Vocation or Commerce or Science or biology. Whatever it's you can definitely eligible to apply for this examination.

But don't take it has easy to crack the IAS Examination. You have to put the lots of hard work to crack this examination. Without proper preparation, dedication, determination. You can't clear this examination. The notification will be announced in the official website of Union Public Service Examination. The application forms will be filled only one mode. The notification will be announced soon.
30th December 2019, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am student in hsc hocetional . After graduation in hocetional stream I can apply upsc examination please sir guindc mi and reel mi information about upsc eligible criatiria
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?