25th August 2015, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Is graduation really required to apply for IAS? Am I eligible to apply for IAS without graduation?

I mean graduation is important for IAS?
if any body will do another degrees ,like engineering, or something else! and cannot complete graduation ! then he can give the exam of IAS ? Can someone please provide me the complete details?

26th August 2015, 11:23 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is graduation really required to apply for IAS? Am I eligible to apply for IAS without graduation?

Remember, Graduation does not mean that Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Science or Arts. Candidates from Engineering background are actually treated as Graduates. So notice that "Graduation" does not mean only Traditional Bachelor Degree courses namely,
> Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
> Bachelor of Arts (B.A)
> Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
So kindly keep in mind that below mentioned Graduate Degrees are also treated bachelor Degrees.
> Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) / Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
> Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
> Bachelor of Business Management (BBM)

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for giving Indian Administrative Services Examination is "Graduate Degree" whether it may be B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Tech/ B.E/ B.Com/ BBA or its equivalent degree. Candidates who have completed Graduation in ANY DISCIPLINE from a recognized university are eligible to give IAS Examination. Yes, candidates who have completed Graduation in Engineering (B.Tech) or in its equivalent streams are eligible to appear in IAS Examination.
26th August 2015, 12:21 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is graduation really required to apply for IAS? Am I eligible to apply for IAS without graduation?

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Services. It comes under the civil services of Indian government. Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services examination every year for recruitment in services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc.

Eligibility criteria for the Civil Services examination:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

So, yes, you can apply for the exam with bachelor's degree in engineering or technology or pharmacy etc. Graduation is the minimum requirement for this exam. No matter in which stream you have pursued your bachelor's degree but you must have done bachelor's degree to be eligible for this exam.

The age limit for the exam is 21-32 years for the general category candidates and upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

This exam has three stages:

1. Preliminary examination.

2. Mains examination.

3. Personal interview.

For any more details, you can visit www.upsc.gov.in.
26th August 2015, 01:42 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,graduation is really required to apply for IAS .No,you will not be eligible to apply for IAS without graduation .

One who wishes to become an IAS officer has to appear for UPSC Civil Services Exam .

The eligibility criteria required for civil services exam are as under:-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
26th August 2015, 02:04 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Graduation means bachelor's degree. The least academic qualification required for the Civil Services examination for IAS is bachelor's degree in any stream or discipline from a recognized university.

So, if you have done bachelor's degree or graduation in any stream, you are eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination. Yes, even if you have bachelor's degree in engineering, arts, commerce, science, pharmacy etc, you can apply for this exam.

The age limit for the exam is 21-32 years with three years upper age relaxation for OBC and five years for SC/ST candidates.
26th August 2015, 03:13 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Yes, it is required.

The posts of IAS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.
26th August 2015, 03:35 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is necessary to have the graduation degree to appear in the I.A.S examination. I.A.S stands for the Indian Administrative Services and the examination is conducted every year by the UPSC as the civil services examination.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from any recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-30 years and relaxation of three years for the OBC and five for the SC/ST candidates in the upper age limit.

Yes, the degree like engineer is eligible to appear for the examination as it is also considered as the graduation/ bachelors degree. So you can appear after it. There is no limitation on the discipline of the graduation.

For more information visit the www.upsc.gov.in.
26th August 2015, 06:42 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, graduation is required to apply for IAS exam.

Candidate must have graduation degree from any recognised university to apply for IAS exams.
B.Tech. and B.E. degrees are also graduation degree.

No, candidate without completing graduation is not allowed to appear in IAS exams.
26th August 2015, 07:01 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Graduation degree is required to be eligible to apply for IAS examination. The minimum educational qualification required to appear in IAS examination is completion of Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. Without completion of Graduation, you are not eligible to apply for IAS examination. So, I suggest you to pursue Graduation course if you are really interested to apply for IAS examination.
26th August 2015, 10:14 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Minimum qualification to become an IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officer is Graduation. The graduation can be in any field, not any specified field is mentioned. So, if you are doing engineering, it is also a graduation degree. So, after completing your engineering degree you can apply for IAS exam as you will be eligible for the same.
After completing your graduation, to become an IAS officer, you have to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once in a year.
Selection procedure for IAS after Civil Service Exam is given below:

> Civil Service Preliminary Exam
> Civil Service Main Exam
> Personal Interview

Eligibility criteria for Civil Service Exam:

Graduation in any stream from a recognized University.
Candidates pursuing final year of Graduation are also eligible for the exam.

Age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Hope I gave you the suitable details.

All the best.
26th August 2015, 11:25 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yes, graduation is very important to apply for IAS examination. Without completing graduation, you are ineligible to apply for IAS. The minimum educational qualification to apply for IAS examination is that the candidate should have completed degree course from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The candidate age should be between 21-30 years. Age relaxation are applicable for reserved categories. Final year of degree course may also apply. There are no percentage bar required.
27th August 2015, 12:00 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian administrative service examination conducted by UPSC.

The minimum academic qualification for applying IAS examination is that the candidate must have passed graduation from a recognized university.

Candidate with technical and professional qualification or its equivalent to bachelor's degree courses from a recognized college are eligible to apply for IAS.

Candidate's who are in final year of the graduation are eligible to apply for IAS prelims examination.
27th August 2015, 12:14 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, graduation is necessary for the Indian Administrative Services. Anyone who wants to become IAS officer, must clear the various stages of Civil Services exam like:

1. Preliminary exam.

2. Mains exam.

3. Personal interview.

Bachelor's degree is the minimum academic qualification required for this exam.

Age limit: 21-32 years.

Citizenship: Indian.
27th August 2015, 02:04 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I mean graduation is important for IAS?
if any body will do another degrees ,like engineering, or something else! and cannot complete graduation ! then he can give the exam of IAS ? Can someone please provide me the complete details?
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
29th August 2015, 07:30 PM
DSP@1

The eligibility criteria for IAS Officer are as follows.

-Candidate must be the citizen of India,
-Candidate must have done his/her graduation from the recognized university.
-Candidate must have age between 21-30 years.

These are the criteria for IAS officer post.

As per the criteria the one who want to become an IAS officer must and should
completed his/her graduation from the recognized university.

So it is compulsory to complete your graduation now.

Graduation means not only B.Tech/B.E it may other courses like
B.Com,
B.Sc,
B.A,
BBA etc,.

Any of the courses are also valid for B.Tech so choose your desired course and
complete it.
31st August 2015, 11:05 PM
namani suresh

hi frnd..
Graduation means bachelor's degree. The least academic qualification required for the Civil Services examination for IAS is bachelor's degree in any stream or discipline from a recognized university.

So, if you have done bachelor's degree or graduation in any stream, you are eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination. Yes, even if you have bachelor's degree in engineering, arts, commerce, science, pharmacy etc, you can apply for this exam.

The age limit for the exam is 21-32 years with three years upper age relaxation for OBC and five years for SC/ST candidates.
3rd September 2015, 10:56 AM
haripriya1993
Member+

Hi,

Yes. Graduation is really required to apply for IAS. You must have completed any course either arts courses like B.A, B.SC, B.COM, B.B.A or engineering course like B.E/B.TECH. only then you can apply for IAS.

Apart from this you must have an age between 21-30yrs.

Keep checking the official website of UPSC where you can find the notification.
The official website is www.upsc.gov.in
29th September 2015, 11:20 PM
vinoth1921

-->No, You are not eligible to attend Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.
-->UPSC conducts many exams like Civil Service(IAS/ IPS/ IFS etc.) for Civil service aspirants.
-->IES is the one of the exam conducted by UPSC every year for the post of Engineers for the superior posts.
-->CDS is conducted twice in a year for the posts like Executive, Engineers etc.

Eligibility
-Citizen of India
-Should be a Graduate with Minimum 65%.(Relaxation is there for reserve candidates)
-Age Limit - 21-30 yrs
-Some post require Physical qualifications.

-->But without Graduation, You have lots of other services that you can join for civil service like VAO, Clerical Posts etc.
-->In Defense, there are many posts for the qualification with 12th std.
-->You can also join police service in your state by writing the corresponding exams.
15th March 2016, 10:52 PM
vinoth1922
Junior Member+

Yes,graduation is really required to apply for IAS .No,you will not be eligible to apply for IAS without graduation .

One who wishes to become an IAS officer has to appear for UPSC Civil Services Exam .

The eligibility criteria required for civil services exam are as under:-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.
18th May 2021, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir I have completed my degree after 10th I don't have my 2 can I eligible for ias exams
18th September 2021, 12:34 AM
Minal F

Yes,
For IAS , Candidates must have a graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recogniszed university.

And , Minimum passing percentage required to appear in the IAS Exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?