31st March 2015, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IAS after graduation? What type post I will get?

Sir/Mam,

After graduation if I apply for IAF than what type of post will I get? Am I eligible to apply for IAF after graduation or not? Can someone please provide me the correct information in this? As I need to know for applying for the post which am presently not able to because of this reason.

31st March 2015, 01:17 PM
Ashwakh

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS after graduation? What type post I will get?

[B][B]In the question , you mentioned that whether you can apply for IAS after Graduation . But , in the Description of your question you mentioned that whether you can apply for the IAF after graduation ..

IAS (Indian Administrative Service):-

After graduation , you can apply for the Civil services exam to become an IAS officer.
But , you are eligible only when ,

~~ You have completed your Graduation from a Recognised University
~~ Your age shouldbe in between 21-30 years , if you belong to General category
~~ Your age shouldbe in between 21-33 years , if you belong to OBC Category
~~ Your age shouldbe in between 21-35 years , if you belong to SC or St category
~~ You shouldbe a citizen of India

IAF (Indian Airforce):-

After Graduation you can apply for different entrance exams to join in IAF

--> You can apply for the AFCAT exam
--> You can apply for the CDS exam

AFCAT = Airforce common admission test
CDS = Combined Defence Service
31st March 2015, 02:09 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS after graduation? What type post I will get?

Eligibility criteria for IAF:-

-> A candidate age should be between 16 and a half to 19 years.

-> A candidate should be secure minimum 50% including Mathematics, Physic and English.

-> For pursuing diploma course in engineering a candidate should complete his graduation secure minimum 50% marks.

-> A candidate should belong to Indian nationality.

-> A candidate should be physically fit.

You can apply for the course given below:

-> After passing class 12th you can go for NDA.

-> After completing your engineering or graduation you can apply for
Flying Branch
Ground Duty Branch
Technical Branch

-> After completing your post graduation you can apply for only Ground Duty Branch.
31st March 2015, 11:04 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

After graduation if I apply for IAF than what type of post will I get? Am I eligible to apply for IAF after graduation or not? Can someone please provide me the correct information in this? As I need to know for applying for the post which am presently not able to because of this reason.

Actually you have provided a wrong type of question, as you have asked" Am I eligible to apply for IAS after graduation?" and in the description you have asked for the information regarding the IAF.

Anyways IAF (Indian Air Force) is one of the defence forces of India and to join in this course you need to apply for entrance exams in India. The procedure to apply for entrance exam is based on the qualification which you possess.

After completing graduation you can join in IAF and for which the exams which you can write are CDS and AFCAT

To tell about the CDS exam it is being conducted by UPSC every year as CDS I and CDS II. To join in IAF through CDS the qualifications needed are:

# You should have a citizenship in India

# Age limit needed for IAF is 19-24 years

# Educational qualification is completed degree from a recognized university with physics and mathematics as subjects.

# Apart from all these the candidate need to be physically fit.

Regarding the AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) exam, it is conducted for candidates to join in 3 branches of Air force such as:
  • Ground Duty
  • Flying Branch
  • Technical Branch

For Ground Duty the candidate should have a Citizenship in India and the age limit needed is 20-27 years. Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university.

For Flying branch the candidate should be a citizen of India and the age needed is 19-23 years and the candidate should have completed a B.E/B.tech degree with at least 60%.

For technical branch ,candidate should be a citizen of India and the age limit needed is 18-28 years and candidate should have done a degree in Aeronautical engineering.

If you satisfy the criteria's for the respected exam then apply for it.
1st April 2015, 10:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service Examination. IAS is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam. Final year student are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years if you a general candidate. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category candidates.

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

For more details about IAS exam please visit to the official website www.upsc.gov.in
2nd April 2015, 12:13 AM
Member+

Dear,
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. It is one of the most prestigious jobs in India. It is the most renowned government job
Educational Qualification: - The candidate should have a degree completed from any of the institutes established by an Act of Parliament or any University deemed by the University
3rd April 2015, 12:45 PM
amanshrivastava98

According to the notification released by the UPSC, the minimum eligibility criteria for a candidate writing the civil services examination is as follows :

* The candidate should be a graduate from any recognized university under the scheme of 10+2+3

* The candidate should be 21-32 at the time of application for a general candidate.

So, Don't worry you are eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?