13th May 2019, 01:33 PM
Kb. Rom

Is graduation needed for pursuing LLB?

For studying LLB I need to have graduated, right? So does that mean I'll have to do my BA first or can I directly go for LLB? Or, graduation in any discipline would be enough?

22nd May 2019, 06:17 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is graduation needed for pursuing LLB?

Graduation is not compulsory in order to join LLB course. There are 2 ways in which candidates can go for LLB course.

One way is to join 3 year LLB course after completion of Graduation with any of the stream.

Another way is to join 5 year LLB course after completion of Intermediate. This course is called as BA LLB course and which is a combination of Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Law.

If you have completed Graduation in BA, I would suggest you to go for 3 year LLB course.

Admission for this course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam like CLAT, LAWCET etc.

If you have just completed Intermediate, then I would suggest you to go for 5 year Integrated BA LLB course.

The admission for this course also would be given on the basis of Entrance Exam.

One should have scored a minimum of 50% of marks with any of the stream in Intermediate in order to be eligible for the Entrance Exam.

Maximum age limit is 20 years for candidates of General category. Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 2 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?