6th October 2011, 11:52 PM
Satya9859

Guidance to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing BA with History?

I want to prapare for ias exam . I am now doing b.a. With history. So plz guide me.

Related Questions:
  1. Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?
  2. Being a History Honours candidate I am eligible to apply for IAS exam? -- [New]
  3. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  4. How can I prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of 12th standard?
  5. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing MBA in HR specialization?
  6. What to do to become an IAS being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Com?
  7. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 4th year of B.Tech course?
  8. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  9. How do I prepare to become an IAS Officer pursuing BE in Civil Engineering?
  10. Exam pattern and Syllabus for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Sc?
  11. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing MA in Political Science?
  12. Which Magazines and News Papers to read to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 10th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How should I prepare to become an IAS Officer being a candidate having completed Graduation and pursuing MA in English? How to get study materials to prepare for this Exam?
  14. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in IT?
  15. How to prepare for IAS? I am pursuing BE with ECE stream. What can I do to crack IAS exam?
  16. How should I prepare for IAS exam? I have completed my B.A final
  17. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in CSE pursuing 2nd year?
  18. What to do to become an IAS officer being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Tech? Competitive books to prepare for IAS Exam?
7th October 2011, 08:40 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Guidance to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing BA with History?

There will be no separate IAS Exam. But candidates can join into IAS through civil services examination. This civil services examination is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

It is good that you have decided yourself of what you want to be while pursuing your BA course. Infact this is the right thing to do not only for you but for every candidate.

Here I am providing you the required information regarding civil services examination.

The selection procedure to become IAS is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview.

My suggestion is to choose the optional subjects for Main Examination now itself which are best relavant to your subjects in BA course. In addition know the syllabus for those subjects and can start preparation towards those subjects.

It is must that you will be allowed to Main Examination only after qualifying in CSAT Exam. So, simultaneously you can start preparing various aspects of General English, Aptitude and General Awareness which are part of CSAT Exam.

Strong preparation is required to crack civil services exam. So, if time permits you, better join in good coaching institute.

You can find the updated information on civils services examination in the official website of UPSC. Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
7th October 2011, 10:32 AM
jevirsinh

Default Re: Guidance to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing BA with History?

Hello friend.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in every year.
Eligibility criteria for IAS exam is..

1. Graduation in any stream from a recognize university college.
2. The age between 21 to 30 years for general category Age relaxation is provided for OBC SC/ST candidates.
3. No. of attempt 4times OBC 7times abs ST/SC no limit.

Preliminary Examination consists of Two Papers-

Paper I — General Studies 150 marks

Paper II — An Optional subject 300 marks.

So, If You Are Interested To Apply for IAS Exams,
then You Can Opt Any One Subjects -

Agriculture,
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science,
Botany,
Chemistry,
Commerce,
Economics,
Electronics & communication engineering,
Electrical Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering,
Civil Engineering,
Geography,
Geology,
Indian History,
Law,
Mathematics,
Medical Science,
Philosophy,
Physics,
Political Science,
Psychology,
Public Administration,
Sociology,
Statistics,
Zoology
etc..

How to prepare for IAS?

To Prepare your self or go for I.A.S coaching,many centers offers the I.A.S Coaching.

Prepare topics like,

Current Events
History of India
Geography
General Science
Comprehension
Logical reasoning
analytical ability
Decision making
problem solving
General mental ability......etc.

For more information please see the website
http://www.upsc.in

All the best..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS.pdf(346.2 KB, 56 views)
7th October 2011, 12:39 PM
shrijan00

hy,
The selection procedure to become IAS is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview
It is must that you will be allowed to Main Examination only after qualifying in CSAT Exam. So, simultaneously you can start preparing various aspects of General English, Aptitude and General Awareness which are part of CSAT Exam.
7th October 2011, 03:37 PM
paltejender
Junior Member+

Location: C/O United India Insurance Co Ltd, Near Apollo Chowk, Narwana Distt. Jind Haryana

an IAS is an reputed post for an office in india.

for this you have to choose subject for your exams which will be given by you in three steps :
pre exam
main exam
interview

in pre exam, mcqs will be asked with general studies
while in the main exam, the total emphasis is on the subjects you choose.
then the interview session will be conducted.

so for an IAS, first choose your subjects and take the sylabus from the site
http://www.upsc.gov.in

and take previous year papers from the site and start your preparation.
7th October 2011, 04:37 PM
convertor

Yes you are eligible for indian administrative service exams. The eligibility criteria is graduation in any stream from any recognized university. There is no percentage criteria for ias exam. Age limit is 21 to 30years. The two exams are conducted. They are civil service aptitude test(csat) and mains exam. Then personal interview. Prepare well with many aptitude books. All the best
5th July 2012, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

i completed inter[bi.p.c]i want to join in b.a.next i like to prepare for i.a.s.which subjects are best for b.a.
15th August 2012, 06:42 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Guidance to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing BA with History?

hello,
Yes you are eligible for indian administrative service exams. The eligibility criteria is graduation in any stream from any recognized university. There is no percentage criteria for ias exam. Age limit is 21 to 30years. The two exams are conducted. They are civil service aptitude test(csat) and mains exam. Then personal interview. Prepare well with many aptitude books. All the best

regards
vidh
15th August 2012, 06:44 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Guidance to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing BA with History?

hello,

an IAS is an reputed post for an office in india.

for this you have to choose subject for your exams which will be given by you in three steps :
pre exam
main exam
interview

in pre exam, mcqs will be asked with general studies
while in the main exam, the total emphasis is on the subjects you choose.
then the interview session will be conducted.

so for an IAS, first choose your subjects and take the sylabus from the site
http://www.upsc.gov.in

and take previous year papers from the site and start your preparation.

regards
vidh
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?