1st October 2012, 12:24 PM
amit2229

How to apply for NET exam after doing PG in mass communication from distance course

Respected sir\mam

I m doing my PG in mass communication from distance course.
and my course completed till june 2013.I want to know can i apply net exam held in 24 december 2012.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear in NET exam after doing Master degree in MAss Communication & Journalism through distance education from Guwahati University?
  2. Cutoff for Petroleum Engineering course in top colleges? Which are the top colleges in Pune?
  3. Detailed information, course duration and fee structure of PGD in Mass Communication Distance Learning program by AMU? Date of entrance exam?
  4. Can I prepare for the entrance exam of mass communication if I dont like Mathematics in 11th?
  5. How to prepare for admission in Mass Media course in top mass communication colleges?
  6. For doing PG in Mass Communication is it necessary to do BA with Mass Communication?
  7. Which colleges under Delhi University offer Mass communication course? Which are the entrance exams for Mass communication course? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How to do Ph.D after doing M.Phil in Journalism and Mass Communication
  9. Names of the universities offering M.Phil in mass communication and journalism by distance mode?
  10. IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication-Introduction to Journalism and Mass Communication Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. Can I get admission for Ph.D Mass Communication? Minimum eligibility criteria to apply?
  12. From where could I do distance course of masters degree in mass communication?
  13. Eligibility to get admission, procedure to apply and course duration of Diploma in Mass Communication?
  14. what is the syllabus for mass communication entrance exam St. Xaviers Calcutta?
  15. Is there a distance course of master degree in mass communication in Rabindrabhartati University?
  16. Will feb MAT help for the admission of master in mass communication?
  17. Doing mass communication as graduation course will benefit for qualifying IAS exams? -- [New]
  18. Possibility to study correspondence PhD course directly for Mass Communication postgraduate?
29th March 2013, 09:53 AM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How to apply for NET exam after doing PG in mass communication from distance course

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit2229 View Post
Respected sir\mam

and my course completed till june 2013.I want to know can i apply net exam held in 24 december 2012.

Dear Friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test

This exam conducted by the University Grants Commission(UGC)...

If you have completed graduation / master degree with 55% marks from any recognized university then you are eligible for National Eligibility Test exam.......

For OBC Category - 55% marks...

For SC/ST Category - 50% marks...

Final years students also eligible for it....

Age Limit :-

JRF :- maximum age is 28 years old.....

For OBC Category - +3 years....

For SC/ST Category - +5 years...

Lectureship :- no age limit...

Citizenship of India...

Syllabus for NET exam:-

You can Get More Information from Here : Click Here

All the best..

29th March 2013, 03:32 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for NET exam after doing PG in mass communication from distance course

Dear Amit,

As your Post Graduation in Mass Communication will get completed by June , 2013 , you can easily apply for the National Eligibility Test to be conducted in December , 2013 if you have 55% marks as minimum in post graduation.

The NET Exam is conducted every year by the University Grants Commission twice in the months of June and December.

The Requisites for the National Eligibility Test are :

* The candidate must hold a Masters Degree in any stream from any UGC recognized University.

* The Candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in post graduation.

* The candidate must have the age under the bracket of 21 and 28 years if applying for JRF otherwise there is no need for age worry if applying for the post of Lectureship.

* Relaxation of 5% marks is given to candidates belonging to SC/ST Category.

* The candidate must have Indian Nationality.

The Pattern Of The NET Exam is :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
30th March 2013, 01:37 AM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to apply for NET exam after doing PG in mass communication from distance course

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of NET is National Eligibility Test.

National Eligibility Test is conducted for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship posts by University Grants Commission.

The educational qualifications regarding with NET exam are below mentioned are below mentioned:-

* Opponents must have finished master degree from any approved institution.

* Opponents of last year are not preferable for this exam.

* The age criteria of opponents must be lie in between 20-27 years for JRF post.

* There is no age criteria required for Lectureship post.

* Opponents must be an Indian.

The paragon of NET exam is below mentioned:-

Thanks.
30th March 2013, 01:39 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit2229 View Post
Respected sir\mam

If you will complete your Post Graduate Degree in Mass Communication then you will be eligible to appear in UGC NET Exam.
There are two types under NET Exam.These are :-

~UGC CSIR.
~UGC NET.

UGC CSIR is basically for the science stream candidates and UGC NET is for the arts stream.Your subject stream comes under the Arts stream.Thus you will have to apply for UGC NET Exam.

Basic eligibility required for appearing in this exam are

Age limit for JRF(Junior Research Fellowship)
~Your age should not be above 28 years.

Marks

~For General & OBC Category - 55%.
~For SC/ST Category - 50%.

Exam Pattern for UGC NET

24th March 2014, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

Shall I able to sit in the UGC NET after completing PGDJMC from IGNOU in Distance Mode
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?