4th September 2011, 01:18 PM
tuhin_2011

How to apply for Railway Jobs after the completion of B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering?

How to apply for railway jobs after completing B.Tech in"Metallurgical and Materials Engineering" from National Institute of Technology, Durgapur?

Related Questions:
  1. How should I join defence sector after doing B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials engineering?
  2. List of institutes offering Distance M.Tech(Metallurgical & Materials Engineering) to B.Tech graduate
  3. Job opportunities for B.Tech(Metallurgical & Materials Engineering) student in Andhra Pradesh?
  4. What is the career in Metallurgy?
  5. Which all institutes offer M.Tech in Materials & Metallurgical engineering through distance education mode in Telangana?
  6. What are the vacant seats in PSU Job metallurgy?
  7. Jobs in Indian Railway after completing B.Tech with 55% in Computer Science and Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How to apply for ONGC GT after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year from Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
  9. Summer Internship for 2 months in SAIL, Tamil Nadu for B.Tech(Metallurgical & Materials Engineering) 3rd year student?
  10. What are the job opportunities after passing B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from NIT Jamshedpur?
  11. Previous years question papers of Metallurgical and materials engineering
  12. Is there any railway government sector job after completion of B.Tech CSE? -- [New]
  13. Scope and placement in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from NIIT?
  14. Which railway jobs I can apply for after completion of graduation course?
  15. Eligibility to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering?
  16. How to do Summer Internship in Metallurgical engineering
  17. How to study M.Tech in computer science and engineering? I am a graduation from NIT in Metallurgical and materials engineering
  18. Courses available to study for B.Tech(Metallurgical & Materials Engineering) 3rd year student in Abroad through GRE and TOEFL? List of universities for admission?
6th September 2011, 09:55 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for Railway Jobs after the completion of B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering?

Dear Friend

If you are looking for a job in Indian Railway which suits the profile of a B.Tech. passed
student then you won't find a job in Indian Railway for you.

Indian Railway recruits B.Tech. holders in Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation/Civil
/Mechanical etc. but metallurgical engineers are not recruited in Indian Railway.

If you want a government job according to your qualification, you should apply for job in SAIL and CIL.
6th September 2011, 12:33 PM
Aninkanti

Default Re: How to apply for Railway Jobs after the completion of B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering?

Sorry friend,

Indian Railway does not recuit Metallurgical engineers.
They recuit B.tech in Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation/Civil
/Mechanical....

But there are many types of govt. job for you like:

Bank
SAIL
W.B.C.S
IAS,IPS..etc.

All the best!
6th September 2011, 12:41 PM
Aninkanti

Sorry friend,
Indian Railway does not recuit B.Tech in Metallurgical engineers.

They recuit B.Tech in recruits B.Tech. holders in: Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation/Civil
/Mechanical...

But there are many types of govt. job for you like:-

Bank
SAIL
W.B.C.S
IAS,IPS..

All the best!
6th September 2011, 02:36 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Railway jobs are generally available for BE/B.Tech in Electrical/ Electronics/ Mechanical/ Automobile Engineering from a recognized University. If you are a fresher then it's quite difficult for you right now to get a job in this field. You can definitely try for it having a little bit of experience in a specified work field.

If you are really eager to work in Railway then a degree in Metallurgical Engineering from a University recognized by All India Council for Technical Education with 5 years experience in Steel making using Electric Arc furnaces of
15 tonnes and Higher Capacity, are eligible to apply for the Senior Section Engineer post.
21st September 2011, 08:09 AM
Unregistered

i want the materials
to appear for railway exams
30th September 2011, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

Now I am in 3rd year metallurgy in orissa school of mining engg. ,Keonjhar ,orissa..it is a govt institute.i have sc quota and cgpa is 7. Will i get any job?
9th October 2011, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

list of government companies where metallurgist can apply
30th December 2011, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

jobs in railway after instrumentation engineering
31st December 2011, 01:44 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

The UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and the Central Government conducts the railway recruitment examinations for various posts.

for more visit:http://www.upsc.gov.in

The examinations are:

1:Special Class Railway Apprentices(SCRA) Examination
for that exam:
a)you should complete 10+2 and Bachelor degree with Physics and Mathematics or Chemistry and Mathematics with minimum of 50%.

b)your age should be between 17 – 21 years .

2:Railway Officers Examination for the post of-

Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS)

Indian Railway Store Service (IRSS)

Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE)

Indian Railways Accounts Service (IRAS)

RPF Sub-Inspectors / Constables etc

for that exam you should have bachelor degree with 10+2 level science stream.
9th February 2012, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

How i can get job in indianrailway after completing my Btech in biotechnology degree.
9th February 2012, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

How i can get job in indianrailway after completing my Btech in biotechnology degree.
21st January 2013, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

i am doing b.tech in metallurgical&materials engg from iiit r.k.v. plz tell me about job opportunity in india in various componies,if i aspect my minimum cgpa of 7.00 . what would be the aspected sallaries package? u may contact me at 9908786957.
19th April 2013, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

why metallurgy&materials engineers not allowed in Railway sector and Indian
engineering
servise
exam. Indian
railway
stores service requires material people for quality checking
21st July 2013, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

I AM COMPLETE B-TECH metallurgy&materials engineer.WHAT CAN I DO
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?