1st September 2010, 02:15 AM
gopalkris

How should I join defence sector after doing B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials engineering?

Hi i'm Gopalakrishnan. I'd done my btech in metallurgical and materials engg, also completed my mtech with welding engg(specialization) under metallurgical and materials engg both from NIT Trichy. I'm very much into joining defense (army/navy/air force).

Would like guidance on how to approach, which exam to take, etc and to which field will i prove useful with my qualification.

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities for B.Tech(Metallurgical & Materials Engineering) student in Andhra Pradesh?
  2. List of institutes offering Distance M.Tech(Metallurgical & Materials Engineering) to B.Tech graduate
  3. What is the career in Metallurgy?
  4. Which all institutes offer M.Tech in Materials & Metallurgical engineering through distance education mode in Telangana?
  5. What are the vacant seats in PSU Job metallurgy?
  6. Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering final year student?
  7. How to apply for Railway Jobs after the completion of B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What are the job opportunities after passing B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from NIT Jamshedpur?
  9. Previous years question papers of Metallurgical and materials engineering
  10. Scope and placement in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from NIIT?
  11. How can I join B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering in Correspondence?
  12. List of companies offering summer internship in Hyderabad for Metallurgical and Materials Engineering? -- [New]
  13. Summer Internship for 2 months in SAIL, Tamil Nadu for B.Tech(Metallurgical & Materials Engineering) 3rd year student?
  14. Eligibility to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering?
  15. How to do Summer Internship in Metallurgical engineering
  16. How to study M.Tech in computer science and engineering? I am a graduation from NIT in Metallurgical and materials engineering
  17. Courses available to study for B.Tech(Metallurgical & Materials Engineering) 3rd year student in Abroad through GRE and TOEFL? List of universities for admission?
  18. What are the jobs available in government and private sector after completing diploma in metallurgical engineering?
23rd August 2012, 04:10 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I join defence sector after doing B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials engineering?

After B.Tech you can apply for UPSC CDS exam to get in to defense sector. You can join any of the defense domains. Minimum age limit for this exam is 19 years. Higher age limit will differ as per the particular defense wing you are applying to. You have to prepare in subjects like elementary mathematics, English, GK etc in order to attend this exam. If you clear written exam, it is necessary to attend a physical test and personal interview as well. Check UPSC website for more details.
16th August 2013, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How should I join defence sector after doing B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials engineering?

What are the job opportunities after passing B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from IIIT, Kadapa,AP
26th December 2013, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

What are the opportunities of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering for final year students.

which companies are hired the final year students of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from Campus selections.
Suggest companies to apply.
8th April 2015, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Is there any chance of joining government jobs after diploma in metallurgy plzz guide me
23rd June 2015, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Is there any jobs in metallurgical enginneering after completing b.tech in Odisha
?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?