7th May 2012, 02:34 PM
perika david

How to become a chartered accountant?

hom to become an charted acountant....please tell me how to become one

17th May 2012, 09:36 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a chartered accountant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by perika david View Post
In order to become a Chartered Accountant, one needs to qualify various stages including entrance test, term-end examinations and practical trainings.
Qualifying each stage is mandatory to move on to the next level and the stages one needs to complete one after another are as follows:
  1. Higher Secondary level of examination from a recognized board
  2. Common Proficiency Test conducted by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
  3. Integrated Professional Competence Course
  4. Computer Training
  5. Articled Training
  6. Final Exam
  7. General Management & Communication Skill Course
After qualifying all these stages, you will become an Chartered Accountant.
The same stages is to be followed even if you are a graduate or a master degree holder.

Now, the registration for the Common Proficiency Test is open throughout the year and the test is conducted two times a year:
In the month of June and in the month of December
The test comprise of a total of 200 marks and in order to qualify it, you will have to score a minimum of 100 marks.

For further information, Click Here.
18th May 2012, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

I am B.COM 1sy year student.And i have passed 12th art side.so i am study in C.A.how dose the possible i am addmission in C.A.
16th June 2012, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

I'm a 12 class student i wish to know what are the various routes i can choose to be a C.A. also i have not done CPT PLZ DIRECT ME
23rd June 2012, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

I am B.com Final Year Student. i have passed 12th Commarce side 39%, so i am study in C.A. how dose the possible i am addmission in C.A.
23rd June 2012, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

how dose the possible i am addmission in C.A.
24th June 2012, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

I have passed 12th(MATH,PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY) this year. I wanna be a CA, So what can i do for this?
24th June 2012, 05:31 PM
padhakudkt

Hi friend

To become a CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT is a very strenous and tough job. However with a focussed mind and a lot of hardwork it is a very easy go.

There are three levels of examinations:

1.CPT - Common Proficiency Test

2.IPCC - Intermadiate level

3.FINALS

Common Proficiency Test is an entry level examination for admission to the Chartered Accountancy Course.You are eligible if you have completed your class 12 in commerce group.
You are also eligible if you have a degree like B.Com, M.Com, LL.B., ICWA, CS, MBAmetc.However the former option is better as it is faster.

CA CPT exams are usually held in June and December . The registation is open the entire year. Forms can be obtained and submitted anytime. However you have to take the exams only on June and December.Mostly it is on the 2nd Sunday of both months.

After you clear each level you are eligible for the next level. Only on clearing you can proceed. You are permitted to repeat each level four times on failing. By this way , you can complete the course in a minimum 5 to 6 years.

ALL THE BEST
24th June 2012, 06:53 PM
cenahlr

hi,
I have attached a pdf file.
Kindly check it out.
It will be helpful for you.
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Graduate brochure.pdf(609.1 KB, 226 views)
3rd July 2012, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Its another matter that how
many marks you have score
in 12 standard if you think to become c.a so done hard work

god always with you....................8-)
6th July 2012, 02:55 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hi Perika,
Well its a nice name that you have. See to become a chartered accountant you have to give an examination specified to shortlist candidates for chartered accountancy only. This is the same process as that of MBA or other higher studies.
The examination that you will have to clear is called common proficiency test or CPT. Since this examination is held two times in a year, you have the next option to sit for this examination in this December. If you are opting for this after your higher secondary then no specific criteria can apply to you.
Only thing , if you opt this after your graduation then, you must have a minimum aggregate marks of 40-45% or above. This test comprises of 200 marks of which you need to clear out a minimum or more of 50%. The subject that you need to stress upon for this test are Aptitude, Mercentile Laws,Accounting and General Economics. So start preparing!!
3rd February 2013, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

Is it poosible C.A. admission after 12 class passed ?
3rd February 2013, 09:20 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by perika david View Post
Dear Friend,

Chartered Accountant is a professional course in which you can inroll after your class 12th with your regular studies.
After passing class 12th you can join the CPT examination which is the entrance test for the Chartered Accountants course. After passing the CPT examination you will become elegible to take IPCC of Chartered Accountants and after qualifying IPCC you will have to take a training program under a CA and after that you can sit for the Final examintion of the CA.

Best Wishes....
16th April 2013, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

I'm a 12 class student i wish to know what are the various routes i can choose to be a C.A. PLZ DIRECT ME
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?