1st March 2019, 06:13 PM
bansi dhola

How to become an IT college Lecturer after the NET exam?

Please tell me about my question "how to become IT college Lecturer after the NET exam"? Is this exam enough? Or, I need to appear for any other entrance? Apart from entrance what are the basic qualification one should have?

15th March 2019, 04:52 AM
S.Panicker

Default Re: How to become an IT college Lecturer after the NET exam?

First and foremost you should have a post graduation in IT be it MCA or MCS etc. Then you need to pass the NET exam. Once you clear post graduation in an IT subject, you can start applying to IT colleges. You have a grace period of 3 years to clear the NET exam.
IT is easy to get a job as a lecturer in an IT college as the number of people trying for such jobs is fewer than those who take regular subjects, as the pay for an IT professional in the IT industry tends to be much higher than what a Prof will make by teaching IT.
Once you pass NET and start teaching, you can decide on a topic to do further research and get a PhD in your preferred area of research. This will ensure increase in pay and becoming permanent in your post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?