1st August 2013, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for college lecturer job without NET SET exam?

i am cleared m.com first year if now i am eligible for college lecturer job without net set exam

Related Questions:
  1. MCA degree holder is eligible for NET/SET to work as Lecturer in college? Kerala SET is conducted for Computers? -- [New]
  2. Can I be eligible for SET or NET after completing MCA?
  3. Eligibility for NET/SET exam after B.Com and M.Com(CS)?
  4. Will there be any way for me to become a Lecturer other than NET and SET Exams? Can I do Ph.D and become a Lecturer having secured 49% in 1st year of MA in English Literature?
  5. Net Set exam eligibility? which subject I should choose if I have done Bcom and MBA -- [Most Discussed]
  6. If a candidate has passed NET exam after training is he eligible for government lecturer/Assistant professor job?
  7. Can I be eligible for lecturer post in B.Ed college after qualifying B.A with 49%?
  8. Will a B.E graduation be eligible for lecturer job in any arts and science college
  9. Am I eligible for lecturer in any engineering college after completing MCA
  10. Can I get Government Lecturer Job having completed M.Sc in Computers with 72%?
  11. How to start a career in Film Writing (Telugu media)?
  12. Age limit for senior college lecturer? eligibility and procedure for NET SET Exam?
  13. Is it compulsory to do B.Ed after M.Com for teaching in colleges? Is M.Com qualification sufficient?
  14. How can I get lecturer job after qualifying NET exam
  15. How to apply for B.Ed correspondence after doing graduation in B.A stream with 50%
  16. What is the qualification of college lecturer?
  17. Should I select IT or SET/NET if I want to be good lecturer?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for the position of Lecturer directly after qualifying in NET Exam?
3rd August 2013, 09:04 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for college lecturer job without NET SET exam?

If you want lectureship job in government colleges then it is absolutely not possible. However if you want lecturer job in private colleges then surely after completing post graduation you can apply for one.

Please understand that there is no job in government sector without the entrance exam. And for lectureship, National Eligibility Test is the entrance exam. While NET is the entrance exam for central government, state governments also conduct their separate entrance exam called State Eligibility Test.

Therefore if you want government job then prepare for the National Eligibility Test. You are currently in the first year of M.Com. It is only possible to appear for National Eligibility Test during the final year of post graduation.

Even then you will have to take care of 2 things. Firstly ensure that you will end up with minimum marks required for the exam. Secondly you must submit the degree within 2 years of clearing National Eligibility Test. Unable to do so, you will be disqualified.

NET Eligibility

1. You must be Indian citizen for this exam.

2. Post graduation should have been completed.

3. With no less than 55 percent marks.

4. 5% relaxation in marks for SC/ST.

5. Final year candidates can also appear as mentioned above.

6. There is no limit on number of attempts.

7. Your subject for NET will be Commerce.

8. Age limit is 28 years for JRF.

9. 31 years is the limit for OBC appearing for JRF.

10. 33 years for SC/ST to appear for JRF.

11. Lectureship candidate should at least be 19 years old.

12. There is no upper age limit.
5th August 2013, 08:19 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Sorry to say but you cannot think of Lecturer job without clearing the NET/SET Exam.

The Acronym "NET" stands for National Eligibility Test. whereas the "SET" stands for State Eligibility Test. The SET is almost the same as NET with only one difference is that it is conducted by the respective state governments instead of the University Grants Commission [UGC].

The University Grants Commission conducts the NET Exam twice every year.

The Exam is conducted in the months of June and December.

The Essential Requisites for the NET Exam are :

** The candidate must hold a Master`s degree in any stream from any recognized university.

** Candidates pursuing post graduation in final year can also apply for the same.

** The candidate must have got a minimum of 55% marks in Post Graduation.

** Relaxation upto 5% marks is given to those candidates who belong to SC/ST Categories.

** OBC Candidates get no relaxation in marks required for the exam.

** The Age Limit :

a) For Lecturership : No Age Limits

b) For JRF : 21-28 yrs

** Age Relaxation :

a) OBC Candidates : 3 yrs

b) SC/ST Candidates : 5 yrs

** Nationality :

Only Indian Citizen are considered eligible to apply for the NET Exam.

So , as you have just passed the first year of Post Graduation , you cannot apply for the NET Exam as you do not fulfill the required educational qualifications for the same.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
17th August 2013, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

What is the recent sylabus of slet/set for botany
29th August 2014, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Do Private Law colleges recruit for lecturership without the NET/SET requirement. i have cleared my B.A.LL.B(h) and LL.M. in first division but havent cleared NET. can i apply for lecturership jobs in private law colleges by the time i give next UGC NET.
24th June 2015, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

I am passed SET exam in 2013 can i eligible for post of assistance professor
27th January 2016, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Is the Paper-I for SET exam same for all??
I will be completing my Mcom Management this April (April 2016) am I eligible for appearing NET SET exam?
1st February 2016, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

I have completed m.com and B.Ed .i am an obc candidate.i have only 49%marks in my m.com.so now i am not able to write set exam.what is the solution for it.how can i write set exam ?
21st March 2019, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for lecturer in govt college with 53% in m.Sc and I have cleared slet exam
13th January 2022, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

After msc mlt in biochemistry can I appear for ugc net/set for lectureship in govt./govt. spon.degree colleges
29th November 2022, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I get lectureship job without net
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?