1st July 2012, 05:07 PM
dev002

How to become a fighter pilot in IAF after studying SYB.Com? What is the qualification required? What is the procedure?

i am studying s.y.b.com & i want to become a fighter pilot in iaf could you tell me the qualification required and joining procedure

4th July 2012, 03:07 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a fighter pilot in IAF after studying SYB.Com? What is the qualification required? What is the procedure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev002 View Post
i am studying s.y.b.com & i want to become a fighter pilot in iaf could you tell me the qualification required and joining procedure
In order to be a Pilot in the Indian Air Force, you have got to join the Flying Branch of Indian Air Force. To be eligible for the Flying Branch of Indian Air Force, you must hold a bachelors degree in any discipline and must have studied Mathematics and Physics in the 12th Standard.

There are basically two modes to join the Flying Branch:
  • Permanent Commission
  • Short-Service Commission

In order to join under Permanent Commission, you will have to crack Combined Defense Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Apart from being a graduate, you must be within the age limit of 19-23 years. The examination is conducted twice a year and the notification for the same is published on the official website of Union Public Service Commission.

To join under Short-Service Commission, you will have to qualify Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT). To be considered eligible for the test, you must have scored atleast 60% in your bachelors degree program and must be within the age limit of 19-23 years. Air Force Common Admission Test is also conducted twice a year and the notification is published on www.careerairforce.nic.in.
15th September 2012, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become a fighter pilot in IAF after studying SYB.Com? What is the qualification required? What is the procedure?

i am an arts graduate . i have studied physics and mathematics at 2 level.....can i become a fighter pilot in iaf?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?