16th January 2013, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer? I am a student of BSc Agriculture

Hi sir,I m a student of B.Sc (agri) second year.i m aspiring to become ias officer.sir could your please help me in choosing my subjects related to agriculture,as main and optional subjects too......sir,if I am preferring agriculture as my subject then do I need to prepare from all d courses which have been offered to us??

7th June 2013, 01:42 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer? I am a student of BSc Agriculture

After completion of graduation, you can apply for civil services. Your age must be less than 30 years in order to apply. You can select agriculture as the optional paper for civil services. Preparation on agriculture topics can be done on the basis of topics collected at graduate level. Application details can be collected from UPSC portal.

10th November 2013, 02:28 AM
Unregistered

what are subjects and syllabus for agriculture students ?

12th April 2014, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for civil service? what is the course? what kind of question we can expect?

1st May 2014, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

sir I'm 3rd agri students my future plan is to get jrf seat ,then how to prepare for that exam?

24th June 2014, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

sir I'm puc student.I am interested in aricultural field what are the job opportunities after Bsc agri and Msc agri

7th April 2015, 02:07 AM
secret29
Senior Member+

Your branch does not matter at all in the graduation course.If you are from Agriculture then its good for to choose IAS.

IAS means Indian administrative services,it is one of the most reputed and powerful job in India.It comes under civil services and the selected candidates will have to work for the Indian government.

The eligibility for the preparation to get selected in IAS are as below -->>>

1-The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for this exam is a bachelor degree in any stream.
2-The minimum eligible age for general candidate is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years.

AGE RELAXATIONS

Relaxation of age for candidate belonging to OBC category is 3 years and for candidate belonging to SC/ST category is 5 years.

Pattern of the examinations are as below:--->>

Preliminary examination-conducted during the second half of may.
In the preliminary exam, you will have to write two papers.
General studies
Optional Paper

5th May 2015, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

HI sir;I COMPLETED MY SSC WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP THAT I SHOULD TAKE? IAM INTERSTED TO DO BSC AGRICULTURE IS IT RIGHT TO TAKE /WHAT COURSE I SHOULD TAKE IN INTER

27th June 2015, 03:53 PM
unique99

To become an IAS Officer you are to follow:-

IAS(Indian Administrative Services)is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission)every year.

A Graduate or a final year candidate from a recognized University/Institution can write UPSC conducted IAS entrance examination.

Age: General:21-32 years OBC: 21-33 years S/C S/T: 21-35 years.

Must be the citizen of India.

Attempts: General: 6 chances, OBC: 8 chances S/C S/T: Unlimited.

Then you are to crack CSAT/Mains, and interview for selection as per merit(score list).

So, first you complete your Graduate degree as per above guideline for fulfilling your

future ambition successfully. Visit http://upsc.govt.in

4th January 2016, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

which competitive book is best for a agricultural students for any competitive examination

25th June 2016, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I am from bio stream so which one will be better for me to choose either bsc hons or bsc agriculture for preparing IAS ,my gmail Id is [email protected].... Plz suggest me a right choice. Thank you

27th July 2016, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have taken bsc hons in agriculture for my graduation.....I have taken it only on the basis of optional subject given in upsc can you suggest me which another optional subject will be a better option for cracking upsc exam

22nd April 2017, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

Is bsc agri the best course for cracking upsc? What are all the job opportunities can i get after completion of my graduation?

26th May 2017, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

How can I became a civil servant as I'm now in 1 and selected bio maths?? I'm not interested in entrance. Is it possible for me to get my aim as history and politics as my main subjects??

26th May 2017, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

How can I became a civil servant as I'm now in 1 and selected bio maths?? I'm not interested in entrance. Is it possible for me to get my aim as history and politics as my main subjects??

26th May 2017, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

14th July 2017, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of B.Sc (agri) third year. I am aspiring to become ias officer Sir could your please help me in choosing my subjects related to agriculture,as optional and main subjects too then I need to prepare from all d courses which have been offered to us??

16th July 2017, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of B.sc (agri) final year. I am aspiring to become ias officer but my college is not recognised ,am I eligible for it ??

4th September 2020, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am bsc agri graduate I am belongs to SC category kindly give the information regarding age criteria
I keen to prepare for IAS

19th December 2020, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Namaste sir/medom, I am bsc agricultural student in 1st year, dear can please told which subjects I have choose for IAS exam, please tell me sir/medom

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?