12th June 2019, 03:49 PM
Farheen Salmani

How to become an Income Tax Officer? Minimum qualification? Any entrance requirement?

I have completed my B.Com and scored more than 60%. I wish to study and work as an Income Tax Officer. Please help me to know the procedure of how to get registered for Income Tax Officer exams. Also let me know the dates of the representative exam.

14th June 2019, 09:50 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an Income Tax Officer? Minimum qualification? Any entrance requirement?

Procedure to become Income Tax Officer:-

Educational qualification:-
The candidate should have passed graduation with any stream from a recognised University.

Age limit:-
The age limit is between 18 to 27 years.
The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC / ST candidates.

Admission process:-
Preliminary Examination
Main Examination
Personality Test

Also you need to attend SSC exam for getting selected in this post.

For more details visit
http://www.ssconline.nic.in.
14th June 2019, 09:09 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an Income Tax Officer? Minimum qualification? Any entrance requirement?

To become an Income Tax Officer, you have to appear and qualify in the Civil Service Examination.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates after qualifying in all the stages become eligible for recruitment as an I.R.S Officer.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th June 2019, 10:06 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts Civil Service Examination for recruitment as an I.R.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The examination is conducted in various stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection.

Examination is conducted by SSC also for the recruitment in Income Tax as an inspector.
14th June 2019, 11:10 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become Income Tax officer, you must clear Civil Services Examination and join Indian Revenue Services. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for this examination is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Minimum age is 21 years.

The notification for 2020 Civil Services examination will be released in February 2020. Examination for first stage will be conducted on 31st May 2020. You will have to clear Mains exam and interview for final selection.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?