27th February 2017, 11:55 PM
vanamamalai

What steps should I follow to become an Income Tax Officer? Which exam do I need to write to become an Income Tax Officer?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing my Graduation and after completing it I want to become an Income Tax Officer so I want to know what steps should I follow to become an Income Tax Officer? Which exam do I need to write to become an Income Tax Officer? Please answer as soon as possible.

30th April 2017, 11:14 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What steps should I follow to become an Income Tax Officer? Which exam do I need to write to become an Income Tax Officer?

Candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC for recruitment as an I.R.S Officer.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview. Candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

To qualify in examination you need to go through all topics as per syllabus of examination available at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th April 2017, 11:57 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What steps should I follow to become an Income Tax Officer? Which exam do I need to write to become an Income Tax Officer?

The entrance examination for becoming Income Tax officer is Civil Services Examination. Civil Services Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination is:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for Civil Services examination.

>>The age limit for Civil Services examination is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

You need to clear Preliminary exam, Mains exam and interview to join Indian Revenue Services and become Income Tax Officer. Last date to apply for 2017 exam is already over.
30th April 2017, 12:37 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To be an Income Tax Officer you need to join Indian Revenue Services by qualifying Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC once every year.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Otherwise there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree course are also eligible.

For more details about Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
30th April 2017, 06:57 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.R.S Officer etc.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. So, you have to appear and qualify in examination for selection as Indian Revenue Officer.

You will be eligible to appear for examination after bachelor degree ( final year also ). The examination is conducted in three stages and have to qualify in each stages of examination

Preliminary.

Mains.

Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?