7th August 2012, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

How to become a Pilot after doing computer science engineering?

Hi, i m 18 yr old and i m doing computer science engineering.. I want to become pilot.. But i hve spectacles and my eye no is around 3 of long distance.. Can i become pilot?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to become a Pilot after completing Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering? List of institutes which offer Pilot Training program?
  2. Can I join IAF as a Fighter Pilot after Engineering in Computer Science?
  3. Which Engineering stream should I join to become a Pilot?
  4. How to become a Pilot after passing B.Tech 2nd year in computer science
  5. How to be a fighter pilot after passing 9th in computer science subject? What is the procedure to become fighter pilot in Pak Air Force? What are the rules and fees?
  6. How to become a Pilot after doing 3rd year BSc computer science? Is it possible to join Pilot course after my BSc'
  7. Colleges offering M.Tech course in CS and IT branches?
  8. How to join in Hindustan University in CSE group after scoring 93.5?
  9. How to become a Pilot after computer engineering(B.E)? -- [New]
  10. Which course I have to do to become a Loco Pilot after completion of 12th and pursuing Computer Hardware and Networking Engineering course?
  11. Eligibility for UES and DES exam after B.Tech (Computer science)? Are girls eligible? Is the exam for becoming a Pilot as well?
  12. How can I become a Pilot after studying in 11th computer science?
  13. Can I become a Pilot after passing BSc computer science?
  14. Am I eligible for Loco pilot after completing 12th in computer science
  15. Is a B.Tech Computer Science Student Eligible to become a Pilot?
  16. How to become a Pilot after passing vocational in computer science
  17. How to get a job of web designer after completing BSc computers?
  18. 12th science or diploma in computer science? What has a better scope? -- [Most Discussed]
31st August 2012, 02:15 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a Pilot after doing computer science engineering?

If you were really interested in becoming commercial pilot then you should not have applied for the Engineering course, because it is irrelevant to the pilot courses offered in India and around the world.

Anyway it is a good option to become commercial pilot. It may sound crazy because airlines in India are not doing well but despite that this is a good profession especially because the airline sector in India is growing by the pace of 20 percent per year.

Before you apply for the pilot course please remember that becoming commercial pilot is quite expensive. The entire process would easily cost you around Rs 10 to 15 Lakh. However since the pay of pilots is good and they also get perks, it is not much of a issue for person who can afford it.

Eligibility

You need to complete 10+2 with PCM as the subjects.

Must secure at least 50 percent marks in 10+2.

Age Limit for Commercial Pilot Licence is 18 to 30 years.

Physical Requirements

Make sure you are meeting the physical requirements before applying for the course.

Height

You should be at least 5 feet tall.

Eyesight

6/6 eyesight is required to become pilot. Wearing glasses is allowed for pilots as long as your distance vision is correctable to 20/20 while near vision is correctable to 20/40 with glasses.

Other Requirements

You should have good coordination between mind and limbs.

The candidate should be able to handle pressure situation with any sort of emotional breakdown.

You should not have fear of height.

Procedure

Step 1 - Student’s Pilot Licence

You can obtain Student’s Pilot Licence after completing 10th class. The age requirement to obtain licence is 16 years. You will have to appear for a basic mathematic test which would include questions related to various aspects of aircrafts. You need to score at least 75 marks out of 100 marks written test to pass it.

Step 2 - Private Pilot Licence

The second stage is Private Pilot Licence where you would not only have to give written exams but would also be given training to fly the plane. You will get 40 hours of flying experience with instructor and 20 hours of solo flying experience in Private Pilot Licence. This would be followed by written test by the Director General Civil Aviation (DGCA). You need to pass the test in order to reach the third stage.

Step 3 - Commercial Pilot Licence

The last stage of becoming pilot is obtaining Commercial Pilot Licence. You will have to get 250 hours of flying experience to get the Commercial Pilot Licence. Apart from flying experience you would have to appear in written tests related to Air Regulations, Aviation Meteorology, Air Navigation. This would be followed by medical test by DGCA after which you would get Commercial Pilot Licence.

After receiving the Commercial Pilot Licence, you can apply for trainee co-pilot job at airlines like Air India, GoAir, Kingfisher etc. After 6-8 months you will become the co-pilot for the airline.
31st August 2012, 02:59 PM
i am sure
Member+

become a pilot
Eligibility
min requirement is 12th pass with Physics & Maths.

pilot in Indian Airforce

(i) NDA Entry: 10 + 2 male students with Mathematics and Physics
Age limit-16 1/2 Yrs -19 Yrs
Marital status- unmarried indian.

(ii) CDSE Entry:

Educational Qualification-
graduate or a final-year B.E/B. Tech in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics
15th July 2013, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

in first stage the maths written test will be compalsary??? if any other way to cross that level????
6th January 2015, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

i am doing diploma in cse. so can i join pilot study after completing diploma in cse?
13th February 2015, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

I am studying b.e (computer science), I am a girl of 18 yrs old.
I am wearing glass .
whether I am able to become a pilot after competing my B.E??
1st March 2015, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

I have done my b.tech cse and now i want to become a pilot. Please tell me te procedure. My email id is [email protected]
6th March 2015, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

How to become pilot after completing b.tech in cse and will I get learners licence after b.tech?
28th May 2017, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

I'm doing engineering and my PCM percentage is 60 % but if I assume only two subjects physics and maths then my percentage is 49 %. In the site IGRUA the requirements is 55% in physics and maths. So please some please tell me what to do to get CPL, what are the criteria for eligible for test in cpl
12th October 2017, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

I Am Kareem from Hyderabad,India.am completed intermediate from vocational subject CSE ( computer science engineering ) and I don't have physics or maths then how can I become a commercial pilot.please tell me my email address is [email protected]
12th May 2020, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

How do I become a pilot after my B.sc in chemistry.. [email protected].. thanks.
28th July 2020, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

I am jaffer hassan bhat from north kashmir, india am completed CSE (Computer science engineering) and i have physics and math then how can i become a commercial pilot please tell me my email id is
[email protected]
4th August 2020, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

i'm a student of cse , btech first year. how to get the licence for being a pilot
27th January 2021, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

What is the fee for pilot course if person in caste
17th June 2021, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

I'm a computer science engineering student,I want to become a commercial pilot my age is 18 yr. Can I apply for it?
27th August 2021, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

How to become airplane pilot after m.tech in computer science and engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?