26th July 2018, 09:43 AM
Sakshi niranjan

How can I apply for JRF being a BSc(Agriculture) student?

Hello, I am studying BSc with Agriculture Honours course. I want to apply for JRF. Kindly let me know that what I have to do to apply for JRF? Please help me to know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

30th July 2018, 02:39 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for JRF being a BSc(Agriculture) student?

The minimum qualification to appear for JRF is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55%. The age limit is 19-28 years with relaxation for reserved category in upper limit.

So, you have to pursue master degree to appear in examination. It is conducted by UGC.
30th July 2018, 08:50 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

JRF is Junior Research Fellowship and you are not eligible to appear in examination for it.

Minimum qualification required to apply for JRF is master degree with minimum 55% and age limit is 19-28 years.

You will become eligible to apply for it after master degree.
30th July 2018, 11:21 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

JRF is Junior Research Fellowship and to get it you have to appear and qualify in examination conducted by UGC.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed master degree.

Candidate must have scored minimum 55% and relaxation for reserved category.

Age limit is 19-28 years.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination till you complete the master degree.
31st July 2018, 12:36 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JRF refers to Junior Research Fellowship and for joining JRFs one is required to qualify NET ( National Eligibility Test ) held by CBSE.

For appearing in NET to join JRFs, you are required to have completed your master's degree course with 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, being a student of B.Sc in Agriculture degree course, you are first required to qualify master degree course with the minimum marks requirement from a recognized university and then qualify NET for joining JRFs.
31st July 2018, 09:38 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

JRF stands for Junior Research Fellowship. For applying for it candidate must have master degree with minimum aggregate of 55%.

Since you have only bachelor degree qualification you are not eligible to appear in examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?