30th September 2015, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for JRF exam if my age is 30 years?

Am I eligible to apply for JRF exam if my age is 30 years? What is the minimum eligibility criteria followed for the exam? Can someone please let me know the answer on the same? Awaiting to get it soon as possible. Thank you!

30th September 2015, 07:17 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for JRF exam if my age is 30 years?

Sorry, you will not be to apply for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) as you have crossed the maximum age limit to required to apply for the same .

One can apply for JRF or lectureship through the NET/SLET exam and the eligibility criteria for NET/SLET exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed Masters degree in related subjects with minimum 55% of marks.Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-The candidates appearing for JRF should not be above 28 years of age. Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/OBC or physically disabled or women or visually handicapped. The candidates appearing only for lectureship have no upper age limit.
30th September 2015, 09:59 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Actually JRF is not the exam and it is a type of post which is get through NET Examination. And JRF stands for Junior Research Fellowship. For more details about Eligibility Criteria for JRF you can take a look on below information.

Eligibility for JRF Examination :

<> For NET, You should complete Master's with minimum 55% of marks from the recognized university.

<> There is a percentage relaxation for various categories and also for Ph.D candidates there is a percentage relaxation of 5%.

<> Age limits are given here.

-- Minimum Age : No limit

-- Maximum Age : 28 years.

<> There is a Age relaxation for SC/ST and OBC candidates as er government norms.
30th September 2015, 10:03 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

JRF stands for the Junior Research Fellowship and the examination for the recruitment on the above post is conducted by the UGC twice every year through the NET examination.

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test and the examination is conducted for the recruitment of the candidates as Lecturer or JRF. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the master's degree from the recognised university.
* Candidates must have minimum of 55% aggregate in the master's degree.
* Candidates age must be less than the 28 year for the JRF.

So you cannot appear for the JRF but you are eligible to appear for the Lecturer post. The details for the examination is available at the www.ugc.ac.in.
30th September 2015, 10:46 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Actually, Upper age limit for applying the award of JFR shall be 28 years, which is relaxed upto 5 years in case reserved categories, Physically handicapped, and female candidates.

If you are male candidate with general category then you are not eligible for this award.
30th September 2015, 10:50 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for JRF exam if my age is 30 years? What is the minimum eligibility criteria followed for the exam? Can someone please let me know the answer on the same? Awaiting to get it soon as possible. Thank you!
In order to sit for Junior Research Fellowship Exam following are the eligibility that candidate should posses and theses are ;

- Candidate should have 55% minimum in Master's degree in any discipline can sit for JRF exam. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category needs to have minimum 50% in Master's degree in any discipline.

- Age should not be more than 28 years as on 01.06.2015. A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories.

[B]Note:[/B] There is no upper age limit for applying for Assistant Professor.

For more information you can log on to http://cbsenet.nic.in/cbsenet/Welcome.aspx
30th September 2015, 11:07 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

JRF stands for the Junior Research Fellowship. The entrance exam for the JRF is National Eligibility test conducted by the University Grants Commission.

The eligibility criteria for the NET is:

1. Master's degree in any discipline from a UGC university. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

2. Minimum marks of 55% in master's degree is required.

3. Upper age limit for the JRF is 28 years.

So, you can apply for the NET exam but you will not be eligible for JRF, only for Lectureship.
30th September 2015, 11:14 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Those candidates who have completed BS-4 years program/BE/B. Tech/B. Pharma/MBBS/Integrated BS-MS/M.Sc. or Equivalent degree with at least 55% marks are eligible for JRF post.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for JRF post. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years.
30th September 2015, 11:37 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

JRF which means Junior Research Fellowship comes under the National Eligibility Test. NET is held twice every year in the month of June and December respectively for the:

1. Lectureship.

2. Junior Research Fellowship.

There is no upper age limit for the lectureship but the upper age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years. So if you will apply for the NET exam, you will be eligible for lectureship but not for JRF at the age of 30 years.
30th September 2015, 12:02 PM
H Rimmy

Hi Dear
If you belong to General caste then you are not eligible for this exam because age should be minimum 28 years for general category.For OBC and Sc category age should be 33 years.
Qualification Required:- You must have graduate in any discipline with minimum 55 % marks for general and 50% for OBC and Sc.
Selection Procedure:- You must selected on the basis of competitive exam .
30th September 2015, 03:05 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Educational Qualification Required :

Post Graduation Degree in Basic Science or Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course are required to apply in this post.

Age limit:

The age limit is 28 years (There is a upper age limit relaxation up-to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST, 3 years in the case of OBC category.

For more details visit website :
http://www.icmr.nic.in/jrf.htm
30th September 2015, 03:39 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible to join the Junior Research Fellowship at the age of the 30years. The examination to appear for the 46 is conducted by the UGC.

The required qualification to appear for the examination is candidates who have passed the master's degree with minimum aggregate of 55% and age less than 28 years.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.ugc.ac.in.
30th September 2015, 04:16 PM
JSD.

No you can not apply for the JRF at the age of 30 years.

Basically for the JRF and Lectureship one has to appear in the entrance exam known as NET.NET is national eligibility test and this exam is conducted by the UGC every year for the post of JRFs and Lectureship.

The basic eligibility criteria for the this exam is to have a master degree course in any stream from a recognised university with minimum 55% marks in the aggregate.

For the JRF your age must be less than 27 years to be eligible for this exam.For the Lectureship there is no age bar one can apply at any age for this exam if he/she have vthe masters in any discipline with 55%.

As you are telling that you are 30 years old, hence you do not fulfill the age criteria of this exam.That is why you can not appear in the NET exam for the JRF.
30th September 2015, 06:47 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for the Junior Research Fellowship with 30years of age. The examination for the recruitment of the JRF is conducted by the UGC through the NET examination.

The required eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the post graduation course from the recognised university.
* Candidates must have 55% aggregate in the post graduation.
* Candidates age must be less than 28 years.

So you cannot appear for the examination. The examination is conducted in the month of June and December every year. To get the details for the examination visit at the www.ugc.ac.in.
9th February 2017, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.tech Mechanical Engineering 2014 Pass out age 24 , am i eligible for the CSRI-JRF and what is scope
2nd June 2017, 06:23 AM
Unregistered

I am 28 years old and just applied for PG. Am I eligible to apply for JRF exam. I am from OBC
8th June 2017, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for JRF exam my age is 29 years but I am women& obc also pls rely me I need ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?