29th April 2013, 07:17 PM
L.SushanthReddy

How can I become a CBI officer?

Hello sir,my name is L.Sushanth Reddy from Hyderabad.I'm doing my Engineering 3rd year now.I want to become an CBI officer.I want to know which way is better i.e.,first becoming IPS officer and then through IPS entering into CBI or directly appearing for CBI post.Please say this information clearly sir..
Thank you...

30th April 2013, 12:34 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I become a CBI officer?

To join CBI you need to appear for CGPE exam i.e. Combined Graduate preliminary Exam which is conducted by SSC (Staff selection commission)board every year.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: Graduation in any discipline

AGE LIMIT : 20 - 27 years
Upper age relaxation will applicable SC/ST candidates for 5 years and OBC candidates for 3 .

You can visit the site for more details:
www.cbi.nic.in
1st May 2013, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,my name is L.Sushanth Reddy from Hyderabad.I'm doing my Engineering 3rd year now.I want to become an CBI officer.I want to know which way is better i.e.,first becoming IPS officer and then through IPS entering into CBI or directly appearing for CBI post.Please say this information clearly sir..
Thank you...
16th June 2013, 12:02 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.SushanthReddy View Post
Thank you...
Full form of CBI Central Bureau of Investigation. To become a CBI Officer you need to sit for the Combined Graduate Level Examination. The CGL exam which is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. It has two levels viz. Tier-I and Tier-II for the selection of right candidate for the job.

Educational Qualification:-

The minimum qualification required to become a CBI officer is a bachelor's degree. You need to be a graduate in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-
  • For the post of Inspector of Income Tax/ Assistant Enforcement Officer and Divisional Accountant/Auditors/ UDCs your age should be between 18 and 27 years.
  • For the post of Assistants and Sub-Inspectors in CBI your age should be between 20 and 27 years.

Selection Procedure:-

There is a three stage procedure you need to go through to finally get selected:-
  • Tier I: Prelim Written Examination
  • Tier II: Main Written Examination
  • Tier III: Personality Test/Interview Session

Exam Pattern:-

Physical Standard:-

Male Candidates:-
  • Height 157.5 cms.
  • Chest 81 cms.
  • Walking: 1600 m in 15 mins.
  • Cycling: 8 Kms. in 30 mins.

Female Candidates:-
  • Height 152 cms.
  • Weight 48 Kgs.
  • Walking: 1000 m in 20 mins.
  • Cycling: 3 Kms. in 25 mins.

Hope this helps :-> :->
23rd October 2013, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

there is any ex man quota in cbi?
7th February 2020, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

To become a Group A officer in CBI you must go through Indian Civil Services exam conducted by union public service commission and through central deportation you can join CBI.This post is not permanent .It is only till 3yrs but based on your performance it can be extended till 7 yrs.To become a sub inspector in CBI you must go through ssc gl exam
17th June 2020, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

How to cbi officer I want to be a CBI officer
22nd August 2020, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Is there is a physical test after written exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?