31st August 2012, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IPS officer? I want to become a Gazetted Officer

hello i have confusion that, if i want to become one of an gazetted officer is it necessary to be an ips officer. please reply me

2nd September 2012, 03:44 AM
shadab879

Default Re: How can I become an IPS officer? I want to become a Gazetted Officer

Hello,
To become a gazetted officer one has to appear for civil service exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC). Depending on the rank one gets the posts like Indian Administrative Service(IAS), Indian Police Service(IPS), Indian Forest Service(IFS), etc. For appearing for the civil service exam one has to be eligible for these criterias:
#One must be a citizen of India
#One must be a graduate in any stream from any UGC recognised university with a minimum of 50% in aggregate.
#One must be in the age group of 21-30 years and 3 years upper age limit relaxation for OBC and 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.
So I hope your doubt must be clear by now. Best of luck.
3rd September 2012, 04:42 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How can I become an IPS officer? I want to become a Gazetted Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello i have confusion that, if i want to become one of an gazetted officer is it necessary to be an ips officer. please reply me
For the post of IPS you have to apply for the civil service examination. The civil service examination is conducted by the UPSC every year. The civil service examination is conducted in 2 phases. The 1st phase is of preliminary examination and the second phase is main examination. Those qualified in the preliminary examination will be called for the main test and after that interview will be conducted who qualify the main examination. The eligibility required for the civil service examination is given below:

Education Qualification
Candidate applying for the civil service examination should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the civil service examination.

Age Limit
Candidate age should be between 21 to 30 years. Relaxation is given to reserved category candidates as per the govt. rules.

For more information on civil service examination you can also visit at the below web site of the UPSC
www.upsc.gov.in
3rd September 2012, 05:17 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS officer? I want to become a Gazetted Officer

Dear friend,

To become a gazetted officer it is not necessary to be an IPS officer.

You can be a gazatted officer through other exams also.

For IPS you have to crack Civil services exam conducted by UPSC.

For detail about UPSC please CLICK HERE.

You can also crack the exam SSC (Common graduate level), through this exam you can also be a gazetted officer in Central exise, Income tax officer, Auditor etc.

The exam conducted every year in the month of july.

The exam consist of Prelims, Mains and then interview.

For more information about this exam kindly click here

Good luck.
3rd September 2012, 05:54 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS - INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

To be eligible for IPS Civil Service Exam, one must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The candidate aspiring for IPS should maintain certain prescribed minimum Physical requirement.

HEIGHT - For Genral Male-165cm, Female-150cm when SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm

CHEST - Male 85cm and For Female 79cm expandable to 5 cm in both the cases.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

The selected candidate after training appointed as IPS office which is a Gazetted officer post.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd September 2012, 09:03 PM
MOUSE92

dear,

IPS: INDIAN POLICE SERVICE OFFICER

FOR THIS YOU HAVE TO CLEAR ALL INDIA CIVIL SERVICES EXAM

eligibility for this exam:

--you should be indian citizen
--10th pass
--12th pass
--graduation from any stream
--age limit: 21 to 30 years
age relaxation for reserved candidates:

for obc :3 years
for sc/st: 5 yrs

physical standard:

minimum height for men :165 cm for female: 150cm

chest male :84 cm female:79 cm

selection procedure:
prelim exam
main exam
interview

for the achievement you have to make good time table

good luck
1st December 2012, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Has engineering student can appilcable for civil sevices???
20th March 2013, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

how can i become after passing 12th
20th March 2013, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

how can i become ips officer after passing 12th
29th June 2013, 02:01 AM
Unregistered

sir / mam , my date of birth is 25/2/1983 , Is i am eligible for IPS examination,kindly suggest ?
11th December 2013, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

how many pertentage we get 12std & 10std is important or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?